PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' FG More and More

Jingo
March 19th, 2007, 21:57
Life is good.

At our last session last week our intrepid chars would be ambushing some orcs in a forest at night. So I popped in a free sweet-looking forest map I found off the internet, dimmed the lights in FG to night setting and then broke out the token packs I had purchased but never used.

The conversation went something like this:

Player: "No way! Character tokens?"
Me: "Way!"
Player: "Totally awesome!"
Me: "yeah dude!"

Of course FG crashed when I tried to share the map the previous two times... (dumb map-masking bug thing!) but after the workaround it ended up working and we had a great session.

I love FG. Just had to share. Here's what the screen looked like:

https://home.comcast.net/~jareds62/FGWeb/images/forest_battle.gif

Enjoy!

mearrin69
March 19th, 2007, 22:27
Wow, nice. I love the figure tokens. Just got the software myself...looks like I've got to dig out Dundjinni again :) That forest map is sweet.
M

Jingo
March 20th, 2007, 05:09
Glad you got FG. I don't think you'll regret it! It has its quirks and bugs, but I personally just love the feel of it.

;)

Anyway, I didn't make this map, but I do like it. For most generic encounters I can find a decent map off the internet. I own CC2 Pro, but just can't wrap my brain arround it quite. So I recently just bought Dundjinni, and I think I like it much better... But I haven't yet used it to make my own map. CC2 pro makes my head hurt... SO many options. Which, yes I know, means so much more power... But sometimes simplicity is bliss.

And sometimes I think I just like to collect RPG software... :o

Dachannien
March 20th, 2007, 09:43
Okay, those are some sweet tokens. They especially look great on that forest map.

Ram Tyr
March 20th, 2007, 10:56
Jingo,

Keep on having fun. Looks great.

Just in case you did not do this on purpose, allow me to point something out you may have overlooked based on the image.

In the 'combat' section of the character sheet the row for 'melee' and the row for 'ranged' both have a box (the middle box in the row) labeled 'base'. Currently you have placed a '+3' directly into those boxes. When you put the bonus directly into those boxes you get the small white bubble that is visible in your image. The reason FG gives you the bubble is that both those base boxes will autopopulate with the base attack bonus you put into the box above the 'melee' row. In the image, the BAB box above the melee row has a zero. If you put the +3 BAB in that BAB box you will see that it autopopulates and you will have to remove the additional +3 you put into the melee and ranged 'base' boxes.

I hope that was clear. If this was something you did intentionally, and you knew all this, feel free to ignore.

Later.

heruca
March 20th, 2007, 15:37
Just in case anyone doesn't know, those tokens are made by Devinnight at www.fouruglymonsters.com. He has 12 sets of tokens for sale (you can even get them all in a discounted bundle), and he also makes custom tokens on request. He's giving away 15 free tokens to anyone participating in iCon (www.iconvention.org), a free online game convention taking place March 24-25 (this coming weekend).

Jingo
March 21st, 2007, 20:19
Hey. Thanks Ramza. I did not know that. Good to learn something new!
Hercua, is the store working yet? Last time I checked it was all out of whack.

heruca
March 21st, 2007, 21:02
I think it may still be getting overhauled, and they just recently changed servers. In the meantime, all FUM products are available at www.yourgamesnow.com (but some items are a triffle more expensive over there).

Dachannien
March 21st, 2007, 21:28
What's the scale on those tokens, by the way? As in, how many pixels wide is a man-sized token?

heruca
March 22nd, 2007, 02:03
They vary, but to get a reasonable idea, check out the 15 free tokens that are available from every page of the FUM forum.

devinnight
March 22nd, 2007, 05:45
The tokens are available in two version the lo-res FG version that has I believe 50pixels equals 5 feet, It's late and for some reason I can't recall the scale right now.
The higher-res files are designed for programs like Battlegrounds where tokens can be scaled... these will also look good in the new FGII which now handles tokens better.

Sadly the Store is still not functional but we are working on it, the Your games now store only caries the hi-res versions.

Sorry for being out of commission currently.
As Heruca said (thanks heruca) there are several free tokens over at FUM.
(note) you must be a registered Ugly to access these tokens.

Thanks.
-Devin

richvalle
March 22nd, 2007, 14:09
Hmmm, I'm an Ugly but I do not know of these tokens of which you speak.

I guess I need to hunt around some and find them. Easter Eggs! :)

rv

devinnight
March 23rd, 2007, 06:24
The store is now mostly functional, but right now it's ugly. By ugly I mean there is a lot of Zen Cart text that I haven't zapped off the pages yet. It does work though.
https://fouruglymonsters.com/onlinestore/

At FUM there are the new 15 free tokens, and there are tokens from previous freebies.

Thanks.
-D