PDA

View Full Version : Help with Dice rolling automation - Classic

jakobmalkav
May 5th, 2020, 15:22
Heylo,

Finally wanting to get into the boat of running a game on FG but was wondering if there's a command or extension (or how i'd make one) that would help my players when rolling up a new character. I enjoy my players being the heroes of the story, so in my in-person games I usually have them roll 4d6 drop lowest for stats and re-roll 1 or 2.. Is there a way to code this type of roll into Fantasy grounds? I've played with a DM who had made an extension that did 5d6 drop lowest 2 for stats but nothing about re-rolling. Is this possible or will we just have to manually do it?

Example of desired roll: 4d6 rolled getting 1, 3, 6, 5 it would auto reroll the 1, new result is a 4. It drops lowest (the 3) so result is 15.

Sorry for the long winded way to ask a question, and thanks in advance for any help.

Trenloe
May 5th, 2020, 16:14
Start with the extension here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22637-DMFirmy-s-Drop-Lowest-Extension

The modify as needed (i.e. add in rerolls).

jakobmalkav
May 5th, 2020, 19:04
thanks a bunch! that helps

Scuba72
May 7th, 2020, 01:16
I dont know about classic but in unity that would be typed as "/die 4d6r2k3" and then I save it to the hot bar and just click it 6 times.

Tommycore
May 7th, 2020, 03:17
I dont know about classic but in unity that would be typed as "/die 4d6r2k3" and then I save it to the hot bar and just click it 6 times.

Doesn't work in FGC, afaIk.

re-roll 1 or 2..

You could also just roll a d4 and add 2 then. Same result, probably a bit less rolling. Just saying.

Scuba72
May 9th, 2020, 02:43
Good to know, thank you.
I have been considering buying FG for years and covid finally got me to pull the trigger. Kinda funny, the day I decided to get FG was apparently the day they opened the FGU beta... I didnt realize how new it was and jumped right in. Been a huge learning curve, but some really great stuff and Im currently planning to keep using FGU as my map and basic reference when we go back to F2F gaming.
That being said, I have absolutely no clue about the functionality of FGC. So, i do truly thank you for the information.