PDA

View Full Version : Advancement XP extension for Pathfinder

Phixation
May 5th, 2020, 09:53
Found a neat extension that tracked exp in 5e. Basically it lets you know when you level up as you are assigned experience. I modified it with the creators permission. Thanks Laendra! In the option menu, you can set the exp advancement speed. fast medium slow 3.5E or off. this will also auto populate the exp needed field. best of luck!

Edit: Now supports 3.5E!

Now on Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/703/view

Kelrugem
May 11th, 2020, 02:29
Found a neat extension that tracked xp in 5e. Basically it lets you know when you level up as you are assigned xp. I modified it with the creators permission. Thanks Laendra! unfortunately this only currently works for Pathfinder as I don't have the xp charts available for 3.5e. In the option menu, you can set the xp advancement speed. fast medium slow or off. this will also auto populate the xp needed field. best of luck!

Good work :)

dogfisc
December 22nd, 2020, 14:25
Hi Phixation, this is really useful, but it seems that the Slow advancement is using the same values as Medium. Fast works fine.

Also, this may be my interpretation of the advancment chart, but the extension advances at for example 2001 xp for level 2 on Medium; I think this should be 2000 even. This is not a big deal though.

dogfisc
December 22nd, 2020, 14:43
I broke open the extenion and the tables for "medium" and "slow" were the same. I put in the "slow" values and it's working fine!
Thanks for the great work, this will make managing xp so much easier.

Phixation
December 22nd, 2020, 18:01
hmm might be an older one that i didnt fix.... ill go back and fix it later today :D

Edit: Just fixed the slow xp chart and reposted. Thanks for that catch.

Edit of Edit: Extension now will notify even when landing exactly on any level.

ChrisRevocateur
December 22nd, 2020, 21:23
unfortunately this only currently works for Pathfinder as I don't have the xp charts available for 3.5e.

3.5e Experience was actually really easy. (Your current level x 1000) + Total for last level.

So
Lvl 1 0 xp
Lvl 2 1000 xp
Lvl 3 3000 xp
Lvl 4 6000 xp
and so on.

Phixation
December 23rd, 2020, 04:43
Hmmm I cant find the charts online because they arent Open content... so im not exactly sure if i can even code the info in

Asgurgolas
December 23rd, 2020, 23:08
3.5 exp charts are open content, just google "srd experience points" and you get a table about level ups and required exp for each level

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/xp.htm if you feel lazy :P

Phixation
December 24th, 2020, 03:55
Well since you made that so easy for me to get to.... I fixed it for everyone. Now supports 3.5e. No idea how i didn't find that chart... my google fu was lacking i guess.

dellanx
December 30th, 2020, 22:41
https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ilhb?Whats-the-XP-formula

hogarth Aug 12, 2008, 09:19 pm
5 people marked this as a favorite.
Unicorn
See this thread for a detailed discussion:
https://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderR PG/general/archives/xPProgressionChart

Long story short -- you can get an exact formula for the Medium progression. The Excel version is:

=ROUND((2000 * (2^FLOOR(A1/2,1) - 1) + 3000 * (2^FLOOR((A1-1)/2,1) - 1))/10^(FLOOR(SQRT(A1-1),1)+1)*2,0)/2*10^(FLOOR(SQRT(A1-1),1)+1)

The Fast and Slow progressions are based on it, with some inconsistent rounding (sometimes up, sometimes down, sometimes to three digits, sometimes to two).

Fast = Medium/1.5 (rounded)
Slow = Medium*1.5 (rounded)

Formulae for 3.4 is:

https://forum.rpg.net/index.php?threads/d-d-3-3-5-xp-formula.228600/#:~:text=The%20total%20xp%20needed%20to,*(N%2D1)*5 00.

To get to a new level, you need XP equal to your current level x 1000.

For instance, to get from 1st to second level, you need 1000 xp.

The total xp needed to get to any level, N, is equal to the (sum from 1 to (N-1)) * 1000.

For example, from 2nd to 3rd level, you need 2000 more XP (current level * 1000), or a total of 3000 XP ((1+2) * 1000).

The formula you want is:
XP needed to reach any level, N = N*(N-1)*500.

dellanx
December 30th, 2020, 22:43
[QUOTE=Phixation;505529]Found a neat extension that tracked exp in 5e. Basically it lets you know when you level up as you are assigned experience. I modified it with the creators permission. Thanks Laendra! In the option menu, you can set the exp advancement speed. fast medium slow 3.5E or off. this will also auto populate the exp needed field. best of luck!

It works well, thank you.

I have modified the extension for my own personal use from 1-40 for Pathfinder and 3.5. 42395

bmos
January 5th, 2021, 18:14
Not to discredit your work Phixation, but I think we already had this from Feb 2020 :)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53775-Next-Level-XP-Automation-for-PFRPG

Good to have more options!

ChrisRevocateur
January 5th, 2021, 22:49
Yeah, but that one doesn't have 3.5 exp as well.

Kelrugem
January 5th, 2021, 22:53
Yeah, but that one doesn't have 3.5 exp as well.

In case you didn't see it, but Phixation updated and added the 3.5e stuff :)

Phixation
January 6th, 2021, 14:26
I didnt see it at the time when i asked the other creator if i could port this over... always good to have options and different choices. :D i got a few ideas rolling around still that i want to get done. working on a couple of major character sheet changes looks wise :D

bmos
January 6th, 2021, 15:20
I didnt see it at the time when i asked the other creator if i could port this over... always good to have options and different choices. :D i got a few ideas rolling around still that i want to get done. working on a couple of major character sheet changes looks wise :DNice! Looking forward to seeing that :)

ChrisRevocateur
January 6th, 2021, 16:14
In case you didn't see it, but Phixation updated and added the 3.5e stuff :)

Uhhh, yeah, I know. That's what I was saying, that the OTHER one that bmos linked to didn't have 3.5.

Kelrugem
January 6th, 2021, 20:15
Uhhh, yeah, I know. That's what I was saying, that the OTHER one that bmos linked to didn't have 3.5.

Ah, I read it as that you said this about both :D

Phixation
July 8th, 2022, 20:18
Uploaded to Forge. :D

Elaith
December 29th, 2023, 01:26
Hello,

Since the last major update, they changed how players see the xp they receive, it used to show how much xp the entire party received, now just shows the player how much they got. Since then, the mod no longer works. It does not tell you when you have enough xp to level, nor does it modify how much xp is needed for the next level.

I was going to check and see what may have changed myself, but just have not had the time as of late, so just wanted to let you know.

-Elaith

Phixation
December 29th, 2023, 08:42
Thanks. ill look into it and attempt to fix it tho i do have work and then stuff for new years.

Elaith
February 5th, 2024, 23:16
As an FYI - appears they changed PartyManager2 >> PartyXPManager - Changing that seems to have got it working again.

Phixation
February 6th, 2024, 19:17
Yea i changed it that way but forgot to upload the file. Thanks for reminding me. :D. Posting to the Forge now. When it clears, Ill get it live again... thanks for the heads up again Elaith

Phixation
February 7th, 2024, 05:41
Xp advancement is live again :)

Evilthorne
February 23rd, 2024, 18:13
I was looking through my extensions and I noticed that the advanced XP one shows up twice for some reason?

Not sure if I should post about that here or not.

Phixation
February 23rd, 2024, 19:49
I might have renamed one a different name when i zipped it ... just so i didnt confuse versions. whatever one doesnt have v1.1 when you look in your extensions is the bad one and can be deleted. it wont come back