PDA

View Full Version : FG Classic and Unity at same time on Mac

Last Post
May 5th, 2020, 03:58
So I finally am getting to the point where I wanted to start to fool around with Unity while still running my games in Classic. But in starting the installation process it seems to want to overwrite the Classic installation.

Is there a way to have both on the same rig? I noticed during the installation prompts it skipped over allowing me to select a different destination folder and went right to confirming the process which I assume will overwrite classic.

Now I am no techie, so if this is possible a "For Dummies" version of how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

LordEntrails
May 5th, 2020, 04:49
Sorry, I don't know, but I can say; On Windows they default to different installation locations. And since FGC on a Mac is via a Winewrapper and FGU is a native Mac app they should also install to very different locations. But if that's not what appears to be happening, I'm not sure what to say.

Hopefully someone with Mac knowledge will be along shortly.

Draco Oricalcinus
May 13th, 2020, 21:59
On my Mac, Fantasy Grounds Classic is installed into /Applications/
Fantasy Grounds Unity is installed into /Applications/SmiteWorks/
I had no overwrite problems but I was concerned during install because I interpreted the unity installer text as did the OP.

Last Post
May 21st, 2020, 14:49
So based on Draco's experience I just went ahead and installed FGU. Just like he said despite the not reassuring pop up it totally installs in a different folder and does not conflict with FGC at all. I just thought I'd post a follow up in case someone else is as nervous as I am when it comes to this kind of thing.

Now I'm off to figure out which extensions are compatible and how to get them into Unity.