PDA

View Full Version : Build a character offline question?

danman71
May 4th, 2020, 22:24
Can you build a PC offline in Unity Demo mode if you own the datasets?

Specifically I have Fantasy Grounds Classic Ultimate and the Pathfinder 2E Datasets.

Instead of GM a game, I am going to be playing a PC in a different game where the GM is running Unity Ultimate. Since I own the Datasets, can I build my PC before the game using Unity Demo, or will I either need to wait until the GM is online or obtain a copy of Unity Standard?

Thanks,

LordEntrails
May 4th, 2020, 23:03
Yes, create a "Character Creation" campaign. Create your PC, then when you join the GM game you can Import your character from your other campaign. (or you can export to xml and email the sheet to the GM before the game).

Ray Lacina
January 2nd, 2022, 07:03
What if my DM doesn’t have all the sourcebooks I have? Will a my character created using Tasha’s, for example, still import into his game?

Zacchaeus
January 2nd, 2022, 09:02
It will depend. Some things when added to the character sheet get copied and so it doesn't matter who created it since clicking the link will open the item. However things like classes, races and backgrounds are simply links to the source material and so you need that open in order to access it. Having said all of that once you join the GM game you can ask permission to use any sources that you have that the DM doesn't. All of the books you own will appear on the DMs activations screen and they can approve your use of those books.