PDA

View Full Version : FGU Client module load issues

nixxrite
May 4th, 2020, 19:47
Hi,

I have a strange issue with clients connecting to the GM game in Unity. We're curretly testing but having checked the GM side (via screen sharing) I can see the GM has the relevant modules loaded and available for client to load.

As the client, I have unity on two different laptops

On the first laptop the campaign loads up but I'm unable to load a number of modules. Or rather I click on load but the book doesn't open. Those modules stay closed.

On the second machine the campiagn loads but in this instance I can load all of the unloaded modules.

However, in both cases the dropdowns for relevant extensions under spells don't work. Even drop downs for purchased publisher content I.E. PHB DLX

I've deleted the Cache on the first laptop but still have the same issue when reconnect. I've not cleared the 2nd laptop cache.

Has anyone else seen intermittent "download from host"/module loading issues with Unity?

Thanks

LordEntrails
May 4th, 2020, 21:27
MOD: moved to Playtest forum.

Are all computers on the same build of FGU? Are they all running Windows? Is the campaign migrated from FGC? Does it repeat in a new campaign?

Zacchaeus
May 4th, 2020, 21:45
I think the other question is are you joining one game with two instances of Unity using the same account? If so it may well be that half the stuff is going to one computer and the rest to the other. Also it doesn't matter whether the DM has the modules loaded or not; what matters is whether they have a green tick on them - which I think they have from what you are saying.

I'm also unclear what you mean by "the dropdowns for relevant extensions under spells don't work". Perhaps some screenshots might help.

nixxrite
May 5th, 2020, 08:41
Hi

First off I should have mentioned the extensions and mods that are running outside of PHB

Unity Compatible Critically Awesome Essentials Extension v1.68 for 5e ruleset (EXT).
One Click Druid (MOD)
5e Effects Coding - Spells (MOD)
5e Effects Coding - Race (MOD)
5e Effects Coding - Class (MOD)
5e Effects Coding - Feats (MOD)

The latter are all Rob2e Mods with the first two being Rob2e and Diablobob.

All computers have the same version of FGU running, all running the same version of Win10, The campaign folder was copied over by the DM from FGC (Not sure this is the optimal way of doing it, but this shouldn't affect how two clients on the same network behave.) and weve not tested in a new campaign.

I joined the game with the a single instance of unity with the same account but using the computers at different times to log in. Hence there was no crossover from the client side. The modules show the green tick next to them and appear in the client. In the client when you click on load they load up instantly but don't appear in the list of active mods.

I'll try to get a screenshot later when we test the connection again but to give an idea of what we're seeing when go into spells and select the Group dropdown we only see the options for all or uncategorized and nothing else in the dropdown.

EDIT: I resolved the issue with the Rob2e mods not loading. It was a file naming issue and they've all loaded fine when I cross referenced files with the DM.

However, the issue with the Group dropdown as per the attached image still occurs.

nixxrite
May 7th, 2020, 10:13
Any word on the issue we're seeing with the dropdown population?

LordEntrails
May 7th, 2020, 17:33
An update that addresses font/text related issues is expected later today.