PDA

View Full Version : Total noob: Run a 1on1 to get me going?

RamaRana
May 4th, 2020, 20:34
Hi guys,

Been watching DnD vids for a couple years, not so much on the technicals but watching people having fun playing - or random creature lore videos for some reason...

Point is I've been wanting to try out this style of gaming for a while, but I don't have a group and can't find the 'in'. Also frankly I'm also a little overwhelmed even when creating a character sheet. Although I play digital RPGs and know how stats work etc, there's just a lot going on in DnD stats and abilities that just overwhelms at first glance and I can't even finish a character sheet without knowing if I did it right...

So in this crazy corona time, it seems the perfect time to get into this. Wondering if someone has the time to run a 1on1 with me, to sort of help me get the feel. I just saw a vid explaining how a 1on1 goes by a lot faster, and since I worry about the pressure of a party of experienced people waiting for me to figure out every little step, seems a good way to start.

So let's see what happens,
Cheers

JohnD
May 4th, 2020, 23:29
Hi there - welcome to Fantasy Grounds.

It will help if you provide your time zone, your earliest start time, latest stop time and day(s) of the week you are available.

RamaRana
May 5th, 2020, 03:40
Oh sure, I'm currently in Peru, so I guess we're looking at the Americas hemisphere timezones :)

Start/stop times - I'm pretty flexible what with days-on-end in quarantine going to waste. Let's say 10am - midnight is the range I can work within.

Day of the week, also wide open.

In short I was gonna do my best to fit around the helpful GM's offer.

ruedas
May 5th, 2020, 11:07
i can help with character creation and first steps in D&D rpg also. In case John is busy. I am helping someone at 17:30 UK time today I think that's 09:30 in Peru so my Discord is #0874 Ruedas. You can give me a shout then if you like and you might have company in character creation

RamaRana
May 6th, 2020, 02:31
i can help with character creation and first steps in D&D rpg also. In case John is busy. I am helping someone at 17:30 UK time today I think that's 09:30 in Peru so my Discord is #0874 Ruedas. You can give me a shout then if you like and you might have company in character creation

Ah darn I think I missed that window, but I'll add the discord in case there's another going on. :)

Dave0910
May 10th, 2020, 16:29
I can run you through Dragon of Icespire Peak, solo. I'd like to practice it before I run it with a group. Been DMing since 1997. I prefer evening and night games, but I'm available most any time, except on Fridays and Wednesdays.

Espiem
May 10th, 2020, 17:53
I wouldn't mind getting in on a DoIP if there's room for another. Also trying to learn the software and get back into D&D. Used to play AD&D over 20 years ago and trying to pick it back up and eventually run a game for some friends, but would love to get in a game with someone familiar with the FG software. I'm in EST time zone and would prefer evening games as well, pretty flexible on day of the week.