PDA

View Full Version : New to FG; old had at SW, needs some advice

Knwiegel
May 4th, 2020, 18:21
Hey all

I recently started Fantasy Grounds to shift my Roll20 East Texas University to this platform.

I'm having trouble finding some of the information I purchased.

I have loaded all of the modules I purchased (Savage Worlds Deluxe, all the ETU material and Slipstream).

So I think I'm getting the handle on a lot of it but this is an issue I'm having.

1. Im not sure the Savage Worlds Deluxe rules are being loaded, or does that happen on the "create game" button when I pick Savage Worlds.
2. I can't find any of the edges and hinderances that come from the Deluxe rulebook. So I can find "Be a zebra" and "annoying roommate," but not "quick," or "rock and roll"

Is there a button I'm missing?

Kurt Wiegel

IceBear
May 4th, 2020, 19:12
If you pick Savage Worlds that's SWADE. I believe it's SWD that is the ruleset name you need to pick for Deluxe

You need to go to library and load the SWD Players Guide to get the Edges, Hindrances and Items to load

amerigoV
May 6th, 2020, 01:38
Not sure I can help you there - any reason you are not just running SWADE? Its really smooooth in FG (and Deluxe material loads into the SWADE ruleset. Just add Athletics to a critter and that usually does it for conversion).

Knwiegel
May 6th, 2020, 03:26
Thanks for all the advice: I'd loaded Savage Worlds and not SWD. Once I did that things went amazingly smoothly.

I'm using Deluxe because I'm the only one in my group with SWADE. Everybody else has the Deluxe rules.

Kurt

Xeonen
May 7th, 2020, 02:00
Thanks for all the advice: I'd loaded Savage Worlds and not SWD. Once I did that things went amazingly smoothly.

I'm using Deluxe because I'm the only one in my group with SWADE. Everybody else has the Deluxe rules.

Kurt

Only the GM requires to have the rules, the rest of the group can download it from the GM. You enable "Allow Player Load" option within the Fantasy Ground and that is it. They get the rules as they sign into your game.

Varsuuk
May 10th, 2020, 01:10
He probably meant "outside of FG" if he is new to this on FG.

If you do NOT want to go to SWADE rules, you start the game "Create Game" with SWD radio button. Otherwise, as you found out - you start it with "Savage Worlds" for SWADE rules. Then, you need to open the correct corresponding modules by going into the Library and opening the rulebooks you want (and giving players permission to open the ones you want to allow them to.)