PDA

View Full Version : 'Export' a table (not to a module)

Three of Swords
May 4th, 2020, 15:32
So I have a large table in FG that I want to change the weights of (make some values more or less likely than others). But it's a PITA to do within FG. Is there an easy way to export the table so I can set the ranges in excel then use the Import extension to get it back into the game?

I don't really want to copy/paste all the values.

Bonkon
May 4th, 2020, 17:58
Good Day Three or Swords :)
Have you looked at this extension? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40812-5E-Table-Importer ?? :)

Zacchaeus
May 4th, 2020, 18:00
Since you can't export any other way than to a module your choices would seem to be edit in place or do so in the xml using a text editor to find/replace.

LordEntrails
May 4th, 2020, 18:29
You could look at the FG Print Tool. That takes an FG campaign and puts it through an XLST and outputs in Word. It might put tables into a Word table, which could then be taken to Excel easily.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48045-Utility-FG-Print-Tool-(Print-campaigns-or-character-sheets)

Three of Swords
May 4th, 2020, 23:26
You could look at the FG Print Tool. That takes an FG campaign and puts it through an XLST and outputs in Word. It might put tables into a Word table, which could then be taken to Excel easily.

Good idea!. But doesn't print Tables. Just tried it.

Three of Swords
May 4th, 2020, 23:26
Since you can't export any other way than to a module your choices would seem to be edit in place or do so in the xml using a text editor to find/replace.

This is what I ended up doing. Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

Edit:

Technically I copied/pasted the contents of the table from the db.xml file into Excel. Since it placed them into different columns due to the indentation, I was able to just delete much of the syntax just by deleting columns.

After that, it came down to find/replace the remaining syntax, sort the results, and boom. Big list ready to be imported back into Fantasy Grounds using the appropriate extension.

Ampersandrew
May 10th, 2020, 14:05
This is what I ended up doing. Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

The message you're replying to gave two things you could try. I did that without specifying which one you did isn't very informative :cry:

Three of Swords
May 10th, 2020, 23:19
The message you're replying to gave two things you could try. I did that without specifying which one you did isn't very informative :cry:

I edited my response with what I did above so it's more easily/quickly seen.

Ampersandrew
May 11th, 2020, 02:51
I edited my response with what I did above so it's more easily/quickly seen.

Thanks.