PDA

View Full Version : SFS 1-99 Interest check and discussion thread SAT May 16th 4 PM UTC

stephan_
May 4th, 2020, 13:42
Please indicate your preferred tiers for 1-99 within WED (multiple answers possible).

I would recommend to schedule around 5 1/2 hours to be on the safe side.

More information (including sign-ups) to follow.

duhwoo
May 4th, 2020, 14:52
I have Angawilwarin at level1, and Tara at level 6...

stephan_
May 6th, 2020, 13:52
Tier 1-2.

Be aware the current health situation unfortunately causes some unavoidable unpredictability (Internet bandwidth, ...) and may also cause this game to fill up rather rapidly.

Please schedule around 5 1/2 hours for the game!

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-8.

Balancing time against the lives of the myriad trapped Starfinders, nominated First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo authorizes a dangerous mission to return to the fated region of space known as the Scoured Stars. The might of the resurgent Society is finally poised to breach the formerly impenetrable barrier surrounding the trinary system. The galaxy pauses to watch if a new generation of Starfinders can save those once lost. A mission of exploration and a mission of mercy, this return to the Scoured Stars will undoubtedly shape the future of the Starfinder Society.

Content in The Scoured Stars Invasion also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo) faction. Content in this scenario also contributes to the ongoing year of the Scoured Stars storyline.

Written by Mikko Kallio

Scenario Tags: Exclusive, Faction (Second Seekers [Luwazi Elsebo]), Starship

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=4792), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first SFS game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

xazil
May 6th, 2020, 13:59
Im good from 1-6 levels.

mizinamo
May 6th, 2020, 17:31
Glad that you can join us! I'll be playing over on another table.

stephan_
May 6th, 2020, 17:47
I hope you have fun!

Hopefully there'll be other signups as I'm a bit hesitant about a party of four for this one.

Cfwade
May 6th, 2020, 18:41
Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Which version of FG? Will Unity work? Classic doesnt work on my computer... I have a Mac.

stephan_
May 6th, 2020, 22:25
Unfortunately I don't think Unity will be stable enough (especially for a special), so in all likelihood it will be Classic.

CS1990
May 7th, 2020, 00:28
If you're looking for another I'll join. Intend to play a level 1 technomancer, but still TBD

TylerVan
May 7th, 2020, 05:16
If you are doing tier 1-2 I would like to join with a level 1 android bio-hacker. Right now my schedule looks free on that day, but things could change depending on the status of the lockdown next week.

TylerVan
May 7th, 2020, 05:30
I have played Borous in a temporally later SFS scenario. I was not able to find any rules on this, but can I have a character play an earlier scenario that I have not played before? While it is totaly on brand for Borous to create a time paradox, I want to make sure I have prepared a different character ahead of time if I need to play a different character.

stephan_
May 7th, 2020, 08:35
Having played a later scenario has no mechanical consequences. :) Though there is a potential for timey-wimey stuff (and players already being familiar with the brand new enemies..).

Looking at the calendar it seems like with that all spots are currently taken (but it's difficult to tell if players don't also sign up in the thread).

For those unfamiliar with specials, please be aware that they are very hectic, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend them as your first SF game.

stephan_
May 7th, 2020, 19:31
I already sent a PM this morning but just to reiterate: Make sure to also sign up in this thread (if you are only signed up in the game calendar) so I know whether all spots are taken or not.

TylerVan
May 8th, 2020, 16:04
To the best of my knowledge, I was the 6th to join, but because the game if full and you would recommend that since I have only played one starfinder session as a player, I will sit this one out so someone else can take my slot.

stephan_
May 8th, 2020, 16:51
Feel free to still (re)join. The comment was intended to state that including you, all spots would be filled.

Considering Cfwade likely won't be able to make it due to technical limitations, you would in fact be the 5th to sign up. The previous comment referred to jrock1 who signed up on the game calendar but not in this thread.

Be aware that specials are hectic, so there's not too much time to clear up rules in-between. If you are familiar with PF1 or PF2, you should however not have too much trouble.

jrock1
May 10th, 2020, 06:46
Hi Stephan,
How do I sign-up in this thread? If it's stating that 'I'm signing up;' then I'm signing up! I'm running a Soldier 1 / Solarian 1 (Tier 2). I can provide the character .xml export on game-day if needed.
Thanks,

stephan_
May 10th, 2020, 11:02
Thanks, yes, that's all that's really needed. :)

As far as I can tell one spot still open.

Zionmatrix
May 11th, 2020, 02:44
Do I need to join starfinder society to play? or just a character ?
I'd love to play
I signed up with a vesk solarian, but I also have a half elf mechanic "ace pilot"

stephan_
May 11th, 2020, 07:41
You'll need a Paizo Organized Play # (though I can also allocate one to you) so you can receive SFS credit (you are of course free to simply ignore it) as well as follow the character creation rules in the Guide (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42nn1?SFS-Guide-20) (if you stick to the CRB you should be fine though).

So you'll have to join SFS (and follow the SFS rules) but you are of course free to simply ignore it afterwards.

Apart from that, there's not too much difference between SFS and regular SF, there's just less leeway for both GMs and well as players.

As already mentioned, I would advise you to have some familiarity with SF - specials can get pretty hectic.

Should you join, let me know if you need the server up to build your character.

stephan_
May 16th, 2020, 15:29
The server will be up in around 30 minutes (game start in 90 minutes). Be sure to be there on time.

jrock1
May 16th, 2020, 16:54
Link to Discord pls

stephan_
May 16th, 2020, 16:57
Teamspeak - see Technical Details in the game calendar.

Zionmatrix
May 17th, 2020, 07:46
That was an AMAZING game.
Thanks everyone that put thirds on, and Thanks to the players. Great time

stephan_
May 17th, 2020, 08:09
The specials are 1. a pain to organize and 2. pretty hectic under the best of circumstances but they can be a lot of fun. :)

Thanks to Malkavian_Andi for organizing it and watching over it!

stephan_
May 17th, 2020, 12:28
Chronicle drafts sent.