PDA

View Full Version : SWADE on FG Unity?

Taperat
May 3rd, 2020, 21:54
Hey all, it's been a long time since I've used Fantasy Grounds, but I'm intrigued by the new Unity version. Before I jump into it, I just wanted to make sure I can use the SWADE ruleset with it, as that is not one of the ones it lists on the store page. Thanks!

Mortar
May 3rd, 2020, 21:59
SWADE is available on the Unity client, but I believe there are a couple of issues with the ruleset of that client. Everything I have looked at has worked though.

rodney418
May 3rd, 2020, 23:31
It's working extremely well, and I've been using it for every game for several weeks now.

Razortide
May 4th, 2020, 15:30
I've seen that there are issues regarding Themes (Rippers Resurrected, Deadlands: Noir) regarding icons that were unavailable.

Apart from that, I also have the impression, that everything is working fine.

Doswelk
May 4th, 2020, 18:02
Hey all, it's been a long time since I've used Fantasy Grounds, but I'm intrigued by the new Unity version. Before I jump into it, I just wanted to make sure I can use the SWADE ruleset with it, as that is not one of the ones it lists on the store page. Thanks!
It works, just remember FGU is still in Beta.

dbm
May 5th, 2020, 08:37
We are playing Last Parsec using SWADE on FGU. It is working fine for us. There have been occasional issues and updates are frequent, but that has been more about the core engine rather than the SWADE rules as far as I can see.

YamaShintaku
May 9th, 2020, 04:21
I am running a few settings of SWADE on FGU and it works great for us. Although some players have trouble first connecting... Seems to take a few minutes of just hanging there. Once in, all is good.

Lonewolf
May 11th, 2020, 09:37
Have seen some minor bugs. I had a character sheet that had invisible trait dice sometimes. I dont think it was refreshing correctly when left open. Once if the character sheet was closed and reopened it worked.

There is also issues with some aspects of the automation features. However it really takes some effort to find problems. So far i have not see anything that would actually stop a game completely. Most people I have played with can work out the combat modifiers in their heads anyway. Since Savage Worlds is so easy to play.

For an early access beta. It is a pretty good start.

ScoutTrooperDad
May 11th, 2020, 16:49
DBM,
How do you access “Images and Maps” for SWADE LP on FGU? I do not have a button dedicated to “Images and Maps”.
STD

Lonewolf
May 11th, 2020, 18:47
DBM,
How do you access “Images and Maps” for SWADE LP on FGU? I do not have a button dedicated to “Images and Maps”.
STD

If you mean a button on the right hand side of the screen. Open Libary using the bottom button.

The top of the Libary window controlls which buttons are created on the desktop. Ensure Images and Maps is ticked. Also note GM and players have diffrent desktop layouts which are controlled from here too.
To populate with maps and images. Select and load modules using bottome half of Libary window.

Talyn
May 11th, 2020, 21:04
If you're loading into SWADE with no theme extensions, the 'card graphic' simply says Images but the tooltip says "Images and Maps." If you don't have that on your sidebar at all, then as @Lonewolf says, you'll need to pull up the Library window and check the Images and Maps record and the button will then appear on your sidebar.