PDA

View Full Version : Creating custom rules set

Wil
March 17th, 2007, 06:36
I'm digging into the rules set stuff while working on my Tribe 8 character sheet, and I have some weirdness that I can't figure out:

https://www.rivetgeek.net/images/weridness.jpg

Here is my silcore_reference.xml file :

<root>
<windowclass name="referenceroot">
<frame name="referenceroot" />
<defaultsize width="480" height="398" />
<sheetdata>
<windowlist class="skillssmall">
<bounds rect="33,43,200,325" />
</windowlist>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

<windowclass name="skill">
<datasource name="skill" />
<frame name="referencebox" />
<dynamic resize="vertical" />
<defaultsize width="540" height="650" />
<minimize icon="minimized_reference" />
<tooltip field="name" />
<sheetdata>
<windowopencontrol>
<icon normal="button_dragtarget" />
<bounds rect="25,20,20,20" />
<class name="class" />
</windowopencontrol>
<stringcontrol name="name">
<bounds rect="50,20,300,20" />
</stringcontrol>
<formattedtextcontrol name="text">
<bounds rect="25,50,-30,-20" />
<font normal="chatfont" bold="narratorfont" italic="chatitalicfont" bolditalic="chatbolditalicfont" title="titlefont" />
<linkicon link="button_openwindow" emptylink="button_emptytarget" />
<footer image="footer_wide" />
</formattedtextcontrol>
<scroller>
<bounds rect="-63,-45,45,27" />
<target name="text" />
<button normal="button_scroller" pressed="button_scroller_down" />
</scroller>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>
<windowclass name="skillssmall">
<datasource name="skill" />
<defaultsize width="200" height="27" />
<sheetdata>
<windowopencontrol name="open">
<icon normal="button_openwindow2" pressed="button_openwindow2down" />
<bounds rect="0,0,24,24" />
<class name="skill" />
<description field="name" />
</windowopencontrol>
<stringcontrol name="name">
<bounds rect="30,2,120,20" />
<link handler="open" underlineoffset="-2" />
</stringcontrol>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

</root>

And here is the skills.xml file (yes, I know there is a druid spell list there...I learn how applications work by tearing them apart...eventually that will be a list of skills and not druid spells):

<root>
<node name="skill">
<node name="skills">
<stringvalue name="name" value="Skills" />
<formattedtext name="text">
<linklist>
<link class="spelllist" recordname="druid">Druid spell list</link>
</linklist>
</formattedtext>
</node>

</node>
</root>

I know it's buried somewhere in the reference file, but I'm hoping this is a common occurrence.

sloejack
March 17th, 2007, 18:21
Perhaps its just me, but it is unclear what problem you're experiencing from this. You've provided a screen shot and a couple of code snippets so what isn't working for you? The spell list not opening for you when you click on skills? Are you expecting to see more than you actually are in your screenshot? Need more information

Wil
March 17th, 2007, 21:06
Perhaps its just me, but it is unclear what problem you're experiencing from this. You've provided a screen shot and a couple of code snippets so what isn't working for you? The spell list not opening for you when you click on skills? Are you expecting to see more than you actually are in your screenshot? Need more information

There's only one node in skills.xml yet seven buttons are appearing? Logically only one button, for the "Skills" node, should be rendered.

sloejack
March 18th, 2007, 04:03
Ok, that's a little puzzling. It would suggest that the drawing of those buttons is controlled other than the d20_reference.xml though for the life of me at the moment I don't see where. Something that obviously has the button coordinates from the original layout. I'll look around some more in the morning but for now, I'm as puzzled as you as to why they would remain.

joshuha
March 19th, 2007, 00:59
I know you are stripping and rebuilding to learn but it might be better to start with the base.xml and build only your own files in there from scratch. It may take longer but it will prevent any kind of old code lying around to foul you up.

Wil
March 19th, 2007, 22:58
I know you are stripping and rebuilding to learn but it might be better to start with the base.xml and build only your own files in there from scratch. It may take longer but it will prevent any kind of old code lying around to foul you up.

That's usually fine and dandy if I actually had reference material for what each element *does*. The only way I can figure out what they do and what the limitations are is to use pre-existing code that seems to do what I want and tweak it. I also may just wait until 2.0 comes out to actually do this.

joshuha
March 20th, 2007, 00:37
Back to your problem though, I seem to recall the buttons are repeated over the rectangle used to draw them. If the rectangle Y coordiantes are too big it might be repeating the button icon. I havent been dealing with 1.05 code in awhile though so I could be wrong.

Wil
March 20th, 2007, 01:21
Back to your problem though, I seem to recall the buttons are repeated over the rectangle used to draw them. If the rectangle Y coordiantes are too big it might be repeating the button icon. I havent been dealing with 1.05 code in awhile though so I could be wrong.

Okay, that helps. I just need to identify which rectangle is the one actually drawing the button ;)

joshuha
March 20th, 2007, 02:59
Okay, that helps. I just need to identify which rectangle is the one actually drawing the button ;)

<sheetdata>
<windowlist class="skillssmall">
<bounds rect="33,43,200,325" />
</windowlist>
</sheetdata>

Try reducing the size of this one here and see what happens.