PDA

View Full Version : New Player LFG Sunday game D&D 5E, weekly

mediic
May 3rd, 2020, 20:55
FG License: I currently have the free game but am willing to purchase if needed

Time Zone: East Standard Time

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Sunday, looking for weekly or bi-weekly game

Term: Long term keep playing for a while, I'm happy to work through a module to see if I'm the good fit for your group.

Voice: I have discord but can use whatever the group prefers.

Game System Preferred: I'm looking to play D&D 5E

Game System Experience: I played 2nd Ed A&D for years and have played some 5E D&D. I'm happy to learn another form of D&D if needed.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'm completely new to fantasy grounds but am watching videos on how to create a character and do the basics.

Character Type Preferred: I really enjoy playing support characters like a cleric, but am happy to play a tank role or a mage. I do not like playing rogues.

About me: Everything in-between. I'm pretty easy going and I imagine like everyone else just want to have fun. I don't like people doing crazy stuff like killing NPCs for no reason. I prefer to play as "one of the good guys", I will try to create a character which is effective but am not going to min/max like crazy.

I'm happy to be a tag along for a session or two to see if I'm a good git for your group. I'm 41 years old and have started playing D&D many years ago and miss the days of being in a group and going on an adventure.

trilioth
May 10th, 2020, 16:31
My friend and I are, also, looking for D&D 5E every Sunday. We are in the Central Time Zone.

Espiem
May 10th, 2020, 17:48
mediic, I'm new to FG and looking for a group to get my feet wet with it as well. Little about me:

FG License: Currently have free, but eventually looking to get an Ultimate license so I can host for a group of friends once I'm a little more familiar with the software, so I'd be willing to just upgrade now if needed.

Time Zone: EST

Day of week, frequency, time: Pretty flexible here, Sunday weekly or bi-weekly would work for me, I would prefer evenings though if it's Sunday to allow me some family time during the day.

Term: Same, long term would be great, but an intro module would also work to make sure the group works well together.

Voice: Currently have Skype and Zoom, but can download whatever.

Game System: D&D 5E

Experience: Used to play AD&D back in the day, but been 20 years probably or longer since I played at a table top. Have played multiple computerized versions over the years and generally keep up with the rule sets as much as possible, but by no means an expert. Do own all the 5E core books.

FG Experience: None, been watching some videos to try and learn.

Character type: Pretty flexible here as well. Typically prefer a wizard, but can play whatever fits the group.

About me: Also pretty easy going, looking for a group to help me learn the software and get back into D&D. Been wanting to play again for years but no longer live near any of my older friends that I would have approached about a game, so I'm trying to get into this VTT version of the game. 38 years old with a family, and similarly just miss the fun of a table top RPG experience.

Outlander001
May 11th, 2020, 00:20
Howdy all, I would be willing to try running a game if you are all up for it. I typically DM in my home game but we haven't been able to get together lately.

FG License: I currently have a sub to FG Unity Platinum so all you would need is the Demo version.

Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Weekends work best for me so if we want to do Sundays, that would be great.

Term: Long term if the group is right.

Voice: I have discord but can use whatever the group prefers.

Game System Preferred: I have the 5E Player's Handbook unlocked so we would be stuck with just what is available in it.

Game System Experience: I have played all systems since the early 80's so, I am good with 5E.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'm new to Fantasy Grounds but I think I have the basics down, I have watched a few videos.

About me: I am pretty easy-going as well, been gaming for a LONG time. I am very willing to work with newbies to the game or those returning after an hiatus. So long as you are willing to work with me since I am new to FG. I have Waterdeep: Dragon Heist loaded and ready to go. We can start on Sunday 5/17 at whatever time works for everyone.

Let me know if you all are game!

Wyldblayde
May 11th, 2020, 01:18
Hey guys. so I am interested in playing as well. My work schedule is so hectic that the only day I have off is Sunday. Haven't played in a year and I am new to FG but have to get that dice rolling fix. Eastern time zone (upstate NY), discord, FG Classic and FG Unity, and familiar with 5E.

Espiem
May 12th, 2020, 01:36
Outlander, sounds good to me, I'm down for starting this coming Sunday if we can get a group to agree on time.

Lawdog
May 12th, 2020, 04:45
If you could use one more, I would love to join up.
Sundays work great for me.

FG License: I currently have a sub to FG Unity ultimate as well, so I could share the load for DMing if you want.

Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Sunday early evenings (After 5pm pst) work best if weekly, anytime if bi-weekly or if weekly that starts before 5pm pst then one game a month I might be unable to play do to RL commitments once the plague restrictions get lifted during May to November.

Term: Long term if the group is right.

Voice: I have discord

Game System Preferred: I have the 5E Player's Handbook DMG and Monster Manual.

Game System Experience: I have played 5E but I am more used to 3.5/pathfinder on table top.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and have played one short module only it was in 5E. (lasted 3 gaming sessions got to level 2).

About me: I am older as well, 47. I have been play D&D off and on since the late 70's when they were just little books, wish I still had them now. Most of my experience is with 3/3.5 and pathfinder. But have played some 5E. Like I said I have only played one game on FG, the GM had a work change and was not able to keep running the game and that is the extent of my experience with FG. I tried to get my table top group to play but for different reasons that did not work. So I have a licence with no game to play .

articwolf85
May 12th, 2020, 18:28
Im available if your looking for more players.

Outlander001
May 12th, 2020, 20:02
All right, here are the details:
FG License: FG Unity - I have a platinum sub so only a Demo version is needed
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: PST
Day of week and time: Sundays starting 5/17, 5 PM PST
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hour sessions
Term: Long-term

Text or Voice: Voice preferred
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level and standard equipment - DNDBEYOND is the easiest to use.
Character restrictions: Only Player's Handbook subclasses and backgrounds

Details of your scenario: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. Summer in the City of Splendors.

Everyone in this thread who is interested, please send me a private message and I will invite you to my Discord server. We can use that to start a text chain discussing characters and how the group works together.

xxVaLhaLLaxx
May 13th, 2020, 12:45
Sent a PM.

Ascaris
May 14th, 2020, 04:07
interested, see PM