PDA

View Full Version : 5E - Automatic Pack Tactics

kentmccullough
May 3rd, 2020, 20:11
This is now available on DMs Guild Here (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/312705?affiliate_id=1307708)

This extension will automatically apply pack tactics advantage for npcs with the trait "Pack Tactics" as long as there is another token from the same faction (friend, neutral, faction, foe) within 5' of the target token.

Version 1.0: Base features described above.
Version 1.1: Added check for PCs with the trait "Pack Tactics" to also gain benefit from this if playing the Kobold race.
Version 1.2: Fixed a nil check for PCs with no traits setup.

gregm
May 3rd, 2020, 20:28
Thanks again so much for doing this!!!

joeslucher
May 3rd, 2020, 20:28
Thanks for making this! Another thing that I don't have to remind a player to account for. Greatly appreciated.

Beemanpat
May 3rd, 2020, 20:34
Man you are awesome. Question/suggest is it possible to put several of your extensions into one extension. I.e. blindsight/truesight, ongoing saves, pack tactics together as one.
I don't know much on making extensions was just wondering. These very practical and needed. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

kentmccullough
May 3rd, 2020, 20:38
I’m trying to keep things separate just so people can pick and choose. It also makes it much easier to maintain if there’s any issues with something. I could make a post that just has all off my extensions if people prefer, that way there’s a single place to look...

Beemanpat
May 3rd, 2020, 20:40
Ok I can see the logic there. Yeah if its easier for maintenance. Thank you again so much. These are quite nice and practical.

EDIT: Maybe you can have a moderator post the community extension page. That's a good central hub for folks to look for them.

joeslucher
May 3rd, 2020, 22:37
With Kobolds now being a playable race, is it possible to make this work with PCs?

kentmccullough
May 4th, 2020, 00:00
Sure, I’ll take a look and update for PCs with pack tactics also. I didn’t realize there were any with it.

JohnQPublic
May 4th, 2020, 01:20
Could you so something similar for things like being within 10ft of a paladin you get advantage on saves va magic, for example?

kentmccullough
May 4th, 2020, 04:10
As far as auras go, I’m working on something for that. But nothing to announce as of yet.

Stv
May 4th, 2020, 10:17
As far as auras go, I’m working on something for that. But nothing to announce as of yet.

Incorporating the various auras would be awesome if you can do it, it's a pita when there's a paladin in the party roaming around the battlefield ^^

Cheers, Steve.

Three of Swords
May 4th, 2020, 15:53

I'm looking forward to this! I'm amazed that someone hasn't written something for auras already. Complex to write, yes. But very worth it for a skilled programmer. I'd have taken up this project myself it I fit that description.

kentmccullough
May 4th, 2020, 20:49
I've posted a version of the aura extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57417-5E-Aura-Effects), which still likely has some issues, but I figured I'd let people have access as it seems to mostly be working, and get feedback if needed.

You can also see a full list of my extensions here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57411-5E-Extensions-by-KentMcCullough).

kentmccullough
May 5th, 2020, 17:10
Updated to Version 1.1: Added the check for PCs as well if they have the Pack Tactics trait, as is the case for the Kobold playable race.

joeslucher
May 5th, 2020, 19:36
Check it out on some PCs and it worked great. Thanks!

kentmccullough
May 6th, 2020, 15:29
Updated to Version 1.2: Fixed a nil check for PCs with no traits setup.

DeDiceManCometh
December 18th, 2021, 01:48
What happened to this extension? DMs Guild Link is turning up a NOT FOUND.

BushViper
December 18th, 2021, 05:02
What happened to this extension? DMs Guild Link is turning up a NOT FOUND.

It was moved to the Forge. If you purchased it at the DMsGuild you can still update it there in your library, but it can no longer be purchased at the DMsGuild.