PDA

View Full Version : PC Spacecraft Sheet

MadBeardMan
May 3rd, 2020, 18:14
Afternoon Folks,

Been working today on the PC sheet, cos wanted to do something that wasn't conversion, wasn't data entry and wasn't tweaking something.

I've built an extension, i'll be attached when I'm happy with it.

Here's an image of the sheet layout, I think I've got everything in the right place and so I've contacted Dan to create the additional tabs.

This week coming I'm back at work (boo!), and so in the evenings finishing up some CoC books that I started months and months ago, I honestly think that MGT2 has come on a lot over the last few months so I can take a week off :)

Let me know how you think the PC spacecraft sheet should work and I'll see what I can do. As it 'is', you can drag this onto the Spacecraft CT.

I plan to allow you to drag a Spacecraft (say Far Trader) and it'll build the basic sheet for you. That'll save the boring entry of Systems, this'll happen soon.

Weapons. This will read the systems and try and parse through any weapon, though note that the weapon text varies a lot inside High Guard/Pirates of Drinax etc, so I need to have a proper think.

Crew. Crew requirements are one thing, actual Crew is another. Crew Members are the PC's, you'll assign a PC to a particular crew position (a bit like in Starfinder), however I do need to have a think as to how this will work with the CT.

Cargo. Three sections here, Cargo, this will allow manual addition for the time-being and it will then show up on the Party Sheet under Cargo. The same goes with the Ships Locker. Craft are there, as I'll allow (for the moment) you to drag and drop the other ships/vehicles (ie Launch, Air/Raft, etc).

Notes. Here I've put the monthly costs and allowed text entry for the rest.

As my brain does, it's also think we have a Status Tab, on this page we'd show the Current Hull Points, plus list any/all damage and critical damage.

Anyway it's dinner time here, post that film night and well, I might be back in a while.

Cheers,
MBM

backwardoracle
May 4th, 2020, 16:18
Yeah, that looks pretty good as a layout, one minor point about power, could these be switchable between off & on for those ships with more systems than actual power. Will you be able to assign crew positions? perhaps with skills needed?

esmdev
May 4th, 2020, 16:33
Yeah, that looks pretty good as a layout, one minor point about power, could these be switchable between off & on for those ships with more systems than actual power. Will you be able to assign crew positions? perhaps with skills needed?

In fact, the Harrier is a great example of a ship with not enough power to handle all the systems at once.

MadBeardMan
May 4th, 2020, 18:10
In fact, the Harrier is a great example of a ship with not enough power to handle all the systems at once.

I'm working with Two ships, the Scout-Courier that we all know and love, and The Harrier (from Pirates) for the initial dev, as you say the Harrier has a 260 power plant, but the holographic hull alone uses 100, so not enough power. Not sure how to have on/off working and what affects what though. That one requires a really hot cup of tea to help solve.

Regarding Crew. The idea is via the Party Sheet you'll have a list of the Craft you have showing a 'button' for each crew position (as per Starfinder) you then drag your character over to the crew position and that toon will then be a Crew Member. If you're the Pilot, the idea is that when it comes to Init for the Ships, that player will be able to roll their Pilot and add the effect (either way) to the ship for that round. Something like that.

Cheers,
MBM

lawsonj2019
June 26th, 2020, 16:38
Hi MBM,

Is the party/PC spacecraft sheet still being worked on, or is it being rolled into a 1.2.x version? It sounds a really good idea, particularly with the ship's locker functionality as well as cargo etc.

Cheers,
James

MadBeardMan
June 26th, 2020, 17:08
Hi MBM,

Is the party/PC spacecraft sheet still being worked on, or is it being rolled into a 1.2.x version? It sounds a really good idea, particularly with the ship's locker functionality as well as cargo etc.

Cheers,
James

Hi Chap,

How's life in Bourne, not far from my sisters and my old stomping ground.

Yes is the answer, in the v1.1.4 thread I've said that once that's released it's full speed ahead on the Spacecraft CT updates, which will soonish be released as extensions for people to play with/test.

Taking a bit of time off Traveller over the next few days, but 1.1.4 is well underway.

Cheers,
MBM

lawsonj2019
June 26th, 2020, 18:16
Awesome. Keep up the great work, it’s much appreciated. Enjoy your time off, get some of the sun! Nice and hot here in Bourne! Where’s your old stomping ground?

J

MadBeardMan
June 26th, 2020, 18:36
Awesome. Keep up the great work, it’s much appreciated. Enjoy your time off, get some of the sun! Nice and hot here in Bourne! Where’s your old stomping ground?

J

Haha not enjoying the Sun, it burns us, burns us!

Used to live in Peterboghorror, I used to visit Stamford/Market Deeping to see friends, even go further upto Lincoln for others if the trains were running late, many moons ago.

Cheers,
MBM

gaaron_g
August 2nd, 2020, 17:10
I'm curious about how you're going to implement starship combat. It has been a while since I read through the M2E rules, but from what I remember facing is not a factor (unlike Starfinder) because the assumption is that Traveller starships use maneuvering thrusters to spin and bring weapons to bear. "Movement" is essentially managing the relative distance between your ship and any other ships. Starship combat, it seemed to me, to be VERY lethal if played exactly by the rules, especially if one ship is outfitted better than its opponent. :-)

esmdev
August 2nd, 2020, 18:30
I'm curious about how you're going to implement starship combat. It has been a while since I read through the M2E rules, but from what I remember facing is not a factor (unlike Starfinder) because the assumption is that Traveller starships use maneuvering thrusters to spin and bring weapons to bear. "Movement" is essentially managing the relative distance between your ship and any other ships. Starship combat, it seemed to me, to be VERY lethal if played exactly by the rules, especially if one ship is outfitted better than its opponent. :-)

Since these are licensed products the end result generally matches the letter of the rules.

MadBeardMan
August 3rd, 2020, 14:32
Yea sticking as close as possible for first release to the Core Rulebook.

It's going to be a fun ride.

Then update to the High Guard version, so players with/without HG can blow ships up.

Cheers,
MBM

gaaron_g
August 3rd, 2020, 21:10
Yea sticking as close as possible for first release to the Core Rulebook.

It's going to be a fun ride.

Then update to the High Guard version, so players with/without HG can blow ships up.

Cheers,
MBM

Here are some tables that I created in that other online platform to assist tracking starship operations and combat. This is only core rulebook stuff. I also created a "map" which is basically just a way to track relative position between the PC's ship and any other ships or missiles.

Xargun
August 4th, 2020, 15:10
Here are some tables that I created in that other online platform to assist tracking starship operations and combat. This is only core rulebook stuff. I also created a "map" which is basically just a way to track relative position between the PC's ship and any other ships or missiles.

That combat map looks cool... Wonder if I can do something like that in FGU...

Xargun

backwardoracle
August 6th, 2020, 08:42
A nice collection of game aids, here my space combat tracker converted from the table top version, works nicely as a shared image

adzling
August 6th, 2020, 16:10
hey Gaaron looks like you have some tokens placed on that map?

Can you provide the map without the tokens on it?

For bonus brownie points can you provide the spaceship tokens themselves?
thanks!

gaaron_g
August 6th, 2020, 16:17
A nice collection of game aids, here my space combat tracker converted from the table top version, works nicely as a shared image

Awesome!

superteddy57
August 6th, 2020, 20:23
From the looks of the style of maps you folks are running, maybe my new beta extension for Theater of the Mind might help.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59220-Theater-of-the-Mind-(Universal)-Extension

Some tweaking of the number of columns would expand the number available, currently only 2 on each side. This can be changed in the code ct/scripts/ct_theaterofmind_combat.lua Line 6 "local NUMBER_LEVELS = 2;";.

I can't guarantee functionality, but it's still in testing and might be a great solution for what you are trying to do with space combat. Let me know in that thread or this one if you use it and find it useful or have tips. If it's popular, I might reach out to Mad to see if he wants to use it.

MadBeardMan
August 10th, 2020, 10:25
From the looks of the style of maps you folks are running, maybe my new beta extension for Theater of the Mind might help.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59220-Theater-of-the-Mind-(Universal)-Extension

Some tweaking of the number of columns would expand the number available, currently only 2 on each side. This can be changed in the code ct/scripts/ct_theaterofmind_combat.lua Line 6 "local NUMBER_LEVELS = 2;";.

I can't guarantee functionality, but it's still in testing and might be a great solution for what you are trying to do with space combat. Let me know in that thread or this one if you use it and find it useful or have tips. If it's popular, I might reach out to Mad to see if he wants to use it.

Hey St57,

When you showed the TotM 'battlemap' a few months ago on Fantasy Grounds Friday with Dave it made me think of Spacecraft battle maps. It's almost perfect. I might have to steal it and update it.

Cheers,
MBM

superteddy57
August 11th, 2020, 18:35
Reach out to me anytime and we can discuss it.

MadBeardMan
August 11th, 2020, 18:38
Reach out to me anytime and we can discuss it.

Yea, I will do when I get back on it, I've got the basics working, the issue though at the moment, if you target a ship, if you dbl-click the attack, it targets it, but if you drag the dice to the chat window it doesn't, I just can't find that part.

Cheers
MBM