PDA

View Full Version : How to add "Tasha's Hideous Laughter" as Innate Spell to npc spell list

Colgrevance
May 3rd, 2020, 09:07
I am creating my own npcs for an upcoming game, and usually, when I define the trait "Innate Spellcasting", all listed spells are automatically added to the "Innate Spells" section of the npc tab with their corresponding description. However, this does not work for tasha's hideous laughter, and therefore it doesn't show up on the combat tracker, either.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Here is how I defined the "Innate Spellcasting" trait:

The harpy's innate spellcasting ability is Charisma. The harpy can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:

At will: vicious mockery
3/day each: bane, tasha's hideous laughter
2/day each: augury

Augury, Bane and Vicious Mockery show up as intended, but there is no trace of Tasha's Hideous Laughter, although I can find it in the spell library (and I copied the name from there, just to make sure I spelled it correctly).

Zacchaeus
May 3rd, 2020, 09:37
If you are using the SRD then the spell is called Hideous Laughter. Otherwise if you are using the PHB I don't see anything wrong with your trait and my testing shows that it picks up the spell just fine. If you are using the PHB check whether this works in a new campaign without extensions.

And welcome to FG.

Colgrevance
May 3rd, 2020, 10:06
Thanks! I am using the PHB, and following your advice, I tested the spell in a new campaign without extensions - works just fine there.

In the campaign that is creating problems, I had blindly activated two or three extensions to check how they work; sadly, just unselecting them won't help. Will I have to create a new campaign, and if the answer is yes: Is there an easy way to port my characters over to it?

Edit: I have deleted my faulty npc and just added it anew; now the innate spellcasting list is created correctly. Don't know why it didnt't work the first time around, but it looks like the problem is solved.