PDA

View Full Version : Future of Suzerain and Shaintar

Xeonen
May 3rd, 2020, 01:05
Hello,

Recently I've tried Shaintar Jumpstart Module and I LOVED it. However, when I was checking books I've read that the Shaintar will be merged with the Suzerain. Both Suzerain and Shaintar content on Fantasy Grounds is from 2016 (Delux Edition). With this knowledge, my questions would be.

Will Suzerain and/or Shaintar get a free update to SWADE like the main ruleset?
Will Shaintar be a separate add-on to Suzerain?
Would it be logical to get either Suzerain or Shaintar content on Fantasy Grounds?

Ellspeth
May 3rd, 2020, 02:29
Hi there:

I build a lot of the Suzerain content for FG, and while I can't answer all of these questions I have shared this link on the Savage Mojo Discord to get someone over here who can. Also this is the link to the Savage Mojo website, which has the link to the Discord server, where, since the chief bottle washer and CEO of Savage Mojo lurks there, as well as most of the Savage Mojo team you can generally get specific questions answered in greater detail. https://www.savagemojo.com/ Of course some of what you are asking is answered on the website itself.
This much I can tell you, Shaintar is merged to some degree within Suzerain, to the degree that Suzerain is a continuum of many realms within the Maelstrom, linked through portals that allow some to move from one realm to another. When Shaintar became part of that it is simply another realm within Suzerain, with its own unique features as well as the inclusion of features that are within all of Suzerain. For future plans I I would rather leave that to others working on them more closely to answer. Whatever they end up doing I will eventually convert to FG.
Feel free to drop by the server, mostly a friendly lot there, and again, you can ask questions from those who make the decisions themselves.

Miles M Kantir
May 3rd, 2020, 04:35
Hi Xeonen, and thanks for the questions. The aim is certainly to have the Suzerain core rules and primer updated to SWADE. Whether it'll be free or not I don't know. The PDF on DriveThruRPG is currently free (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/262297), and I do want to give players as much free content as I can, but I'm also aware that Ellspeth and others work hard on converting those books for Fantasy Grounds and with a big project like that... well, we're still figuring the details out.

What I know for sure is that Shaintar is now definitely a part of the Suzerain universe. There has always been talk about whether the realm of Starfall (which Shaintar is a part of) is inside the Suzerain universe, and now we know for sure - it is. We're merging the two subsets of SW rules for this new edition of SWADE-based content, but all the previous lore and material is perfectly valid. Go ahead and enjoy it all, whether here on FG or on DriveThruRPG for prints/PDFs.

There's a huge amount of wonderful material right here on FG and a lot of gaming fun to be had. There's more to come, too, down the line!

Happy gaming,

Xeonen
May 3rd, 2020, 12:18
Hi Xeonen, and thanks for the questions. The aim is certainly to have the Suzerain core rules and primer updated to SWADE. Whether it'll be free or not I don't know. The PDF on DriveThruRPG is currently free (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/262297), and I do want to give players as much free content as I can, but I'm also aware that Ellspeth and others work hard on converting those books for Fantasy Grounds and with a big project like that... well, we're still figuring the details out.

What I know for sure is that Shaintar is now definitely a part of the Suzerain universe. There has always been talk about whether the realm of Starfall (which Shaintar is a part of) is inside the Suzerain universe, and now we know for sure - it is. We're merging the two subsets of SW rules for this new edition of SWADE-based content, but all the previous lore and material is perfectly valid. Go ahead and enjoy it all, whether here on FG or on DriveThruRPG for prints/PDFs.

There's a huge amount of wonderful material right here on FG and a lot of gaming fun to be had. There's more to come, too, down the line!

Happy gaming,

Thank for taking the time to answer. I've actually found Suzerain from the PDF file. I was checking for Shaintar content and I came across the discussion then found the Suzerain PDF. I've already read it and loved it. I'm planning to buy PDFs as they get published in SWADE. One part of my question is misunderstood though, I'm also sold on the FG content. I will be getting rulesets for Suzerain and Shaintar. The only difference would be if the upgrade to SWADE would be free. If that is the case I will get them right away, otherwise, I will wait for them to be published in SWADE.

Thanks for the wonderful job on the settings!

Hi there:

I build a lot of the Suzerain content for FG, and while I can't answer all of these questions I have shared this link on the Savage Mojo Discord to get someone over here who can. Also this is the link to the Savage Mojo website, which has the link to the Discord server, where, since the chief bottle washer and CEO of Savage Mojo lurks there, as well as most of the Savage Mojo team you can generally get specific questions answered in greater detail. https://www.savagemojo.com/ Of course some of what you are asking is answered on the website itself.
This much I can tell you, Shaintar is merged to some degree within Suzerain, to the degree that Suzerain is a continuum of many realms within the Maelstrom, linked through portals that allow some to move from one realm to another. When Shaintar became part of that it is simply another realm within Suzerain, with its own unique features as well as the inclusion of features that are within all of Suzerain. For future plans I I would rather leave that to others working on them more closely to answer. Whatever they end up doing I will eventually convert to FG.
Feel free to drop by the server, mostly a friendly lot there, and again, you can ask questions from those who make the decisions themselves.

I have actually read the PDF and tested the Shaintar ruleset for FG. They are both wonderful! I will drop by the discord and check the site.

Also thanks for the work on the content. It is a hard job that requires A LOOOT OF patience!

Miles M Kantir
May 3rd, 2020, 16:23
would the upgrade to SWADE be free?

That's the bit we're not sure about, not yet at least. I think that if you own a copy of the core rules module for Suzerain then it makes sense that you'd get the new version for free, but I don't want to promise that and then find the people doing the conversion don't get anything for their wonderful time and effort. I know that doesn't answer your question, but at least it's an honest answer. That has to count for something, right?

All the best,

Xeonen
May 3rd, 2020, 20:30
That's the bit we're not sure about, not yet at least. I think that if you own a copy of the core rules module for Suzerain then it makes sense that you'd get the new version for free, but I don't want to promise that and then find the people doing the conversion don't get anything for their wonderful time and effort. I know that doesn't answer your question, but at least it's an honest answer. That has to count for something, right?

All the best,

That is quite sensible and I know working on these products is hard and time-consuming. I will be keeping my eyes open for newly published PDFs and rulesets. You got yourself a GM hooked in. =)

Thanks a lot for spending the time of your day and these awesome settings!