PDA

View Full Version : Dices' color

Kolimar
May 2nd, 2020, 23:22
Hello, i want to know if it might possible to use three dices at the same time but each dice have a color (exemple a red dice, a blue dice and a yellow dice).
Thank.

superteddy57
May 3rd, 2020, 02:12
Yes, but you would have to code it into the roll script to do so. If you check out CoreRPG's game elements file, they will provide the die reference for each color that is available.

damned
May 3rd, 2020, 04:47
MoreCore has all dice in Red, Black, Blue, Yellow, Green :)

LordEntrails
May 3rd, 2020, 06:15
Welcome Kolimar. Since you asked int eh workshop, I think folks are assuming you want to know how to code this or write an extension to do this. As mentioned, it can be done.

But, if you are just looking at your table and see the dice and want to pick up a couple of D6s and have them be different colors, most rulesets don't support that. Each character can have their own die color, but for most rulesets, all dice rolled will be of that one color.

Let us know if you need more info.

Kolimar
May 3rd, 2020, 07:23
Thanks for your answers. My goal was to have different colors of D20. I would like to play The dark eye's game and for that system we must throw 3D20 for three attributes' check. I would like change the color of the dice for an aesthetic's reason (my players are beginners).

damned
May 3rd, 2020, 07:27
Thanks for your answers. My goal was to have different colors of D20. I would like to play The dark eye's game and for that system we must throw 3D20 for three attributes' check. I would like change the color of the dice for an aesthetic's reason (my players are beginners).

You have quite a few attributes - I think you would confuse people more than help them with 6 or 8 different dice colours.
The Dark Eye extension reports all the dice results for you pretty clearly.

Trenloe
May 3rd, 2020, 09:51
The Dark Eye extension reports all the dice results for you pretty clearly.
Yes it does... :-)

And soon will be a lot easier to translate roll result text too!

Yorick Tome
September 29th, 2020, 17:13
I have a homebrew system in which characters have a dicepool where they may roll against an aptitude (red), training (blue), gift (purple), and/or include unskilled dice (black).

The color here is super helpful, because the color of the die helps you keep track of which stat you're rolling against. Playing around with fate, I can trigger the result in the chat window to show the different colors for each die... but I was wondering if it was possible to change the colors of the 3d dice to match.

For example, if I'm rolling against an aptitude and using 2 unskilled dice, see 1 red and 2 black 3d dice being rolled. Also, would it be possible to have the dicebox at the bottom show four, 6-sided dice in the different colors for rolling manually?

superteddy57
September 29th, 2020, 18:14
Well if they play like Star Wars EotE dice, then you can check out those projects on the forums for ideas on how they accomplished adding those in. But colored dice are accessed by changing the 'd' to the color for the dice. So a p6 is purple d6, and another example is g10 is a green d10. Just replace the string with a colored dice string.

Yorick Tome
September 30th, 2020, 23:26
Thanks, I've picked up on the names for the colored d6s. But when I replace the definition of the several many sided dice in the core ruleset, for example, and add in d6, r6, b6, p6, for example, I get one single black die in the dice tray. I experimented with the fate ruleset (since that uses only 6-sided dice) but I had mixed luck (dice can show up colored in the chat, but the 3d dice remain black).

I've tried downloading someone's version of the Genesys ruleset, but it didn't seem to register.

Moon Wizard
October 1st, 2020, 00:17
The color of the 3D dice is driven by the user's chosen color; and can not be overriden. The other dice you've seen in the ruleset are only used for displaying alternate color icons in the chat results.

Regards,
JPG