PDA

View Full Version : Carbon 2185 5e

caldeth
May 2nd, 2020, 23:11
I'm just about to start running a Carbon 2185 game and wondered if anybody had tried to modify the ruleset to work with it? The game is based on the 5e rules but has several new skills and slight rule tweaks. Although I could make do by using the 5e ruleset I'd love to be able to work with something that fits better.

There was another thread from last year where somebody was looking to fo it but it looks like work may have stopped and they have not responded to my messages. I'd love to have a try myself but I'm still pretty new to FG so don't really feel confident enough yet to try.

CerberusScales
October 29th, 2020, 08:44
Hoping to find out if you've found anything useful.

caldeth
October 29th, 2020, 14:10
Sadly not no. I do keep looking though from time to time

CerberusScales
October 30th, 2020, 08:33
I'm looking into what it will take to make it happen. I would advise against holding your breath, as I am not a programmer. If you find relevant tutorial videos/resources I'll happily look into them.

Trenloe
October 30th, 2020, 09:50
A couple of links to info on changing the default skills in 5E in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48996-Creating-Custom-Skills-(Not-spells)&p=434861&viewfull=1#post434861

CerberusScales
October 30th, 2020, 19:18
A couple of links to info on changing the default skills in 5E in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48996-Creating-Custom-Skills-(Not-spells)&p=434861&viewfull=1#post434861

Thanks! Anything you could point me towards for editing character sheets, ability names, or adding/ editing conditions?

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2020, 23:56
Thanks! Anything you could point me towards for editing character sheets, ability names, or adding/ editing conditions?
Isn't that what the link you quoted details? It has two links in it to examples.
Edit: oh wait, conditions... looking....

LordEntrails
October 30th, 2020, 23:58
Conditions discussed here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56207-Adding-new-conditions-effects

If you use the Site Search tool, you can find more discussions on this topic and most others :)
https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=010772646014076752437:l_cx3x-oggq

Darkrin
November 11th, 2020, 03:46
Rob Twohy's Video walks through how to change most of it. though there are a few things that will require extensions

also, it is based on 3.5 OGL, so you can use that in FG to fit it better though I'm finding a couple of things aren't there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HXhjvOJJww

CerberusScales
January 16th, 2021, 02:13
Ok, so right as I tried to get started with this project work kicked into overdrive. Between coworkers catching the coof (all who have caught it have recovered), mandatory 12 hr shifts 6 days a week, holidays, and the minutia of life I've made exactly no progress. Going to give it a go again here soon.

Darkrin
January 29th, 2022, 03:26
I am a little over 100 pages in on the book and I have all of the items mechanics and descriptions in, and I have even made a character sheet under CoreRPG its a functional one but I really want to make a closer to the original one but I have learn how to do it so it may take me a bit

Blahness98
February 7th, 2022, 21:36
Here. I built this rough extension to the 5e rule set a little while after Carbon came out. It is basically just a hack job that gets the basics of things done. Had my group of 5 play a few sessions with it and adjusted items between sessions. Carbon is built using the 5e, so why reinvent the horse when you can just modify a few things and go from there.

Darkrin
February 7th, 2022, 21:43
Thank you I will look at it when I get home from work. Im actually almost done putting it into CoreRPG if you want I will post that when I'm done

Darkrin
February 8th, 2022, 03:44
Here. I built this rough extension to the 5e rule set a little while after Carbon came out. It is basically just a hack job that gets the basics of things done. Had my group of 5 play a few sessions with it and adjusted items between sessions. Carbon is built using the 5e, so why reinvent the horse when you can just modify a few things and go from there.

I put it in my extension folder and checked for updates and restarted and checked again but its not showing up and an option to enable the extension. what am I forgetting?

Blahness98
February 8th, 2022, 17:10
What rule set are you using? Shows up fine in when 5e is selected.

Darkrin
February 8th, 2022, 17:38
I was loading in 5e but it was not showing as listed so I tried other rulesets and it came up under CoreRPG and loaded but everything is blank and the character sheet does not come up properly. I have no other extensions or mods loaded

Darkrin
February 8th, 2022, 17:40
this is what it comes up with the rest of the sheet is fine but basic core RPG 51383

Blahness98
February 9th, 2022, 18:26
Welp. That's on me. I apparently has a working folder in the extensions folder FGU was pulling from. I re-uploaded the extension to the post above. I apologize for the error.

Darkrin
February 12th, 2022, 03:44
thank you so much this is a huge help now I can have some automation. would you be interested in the whole rulebook when I'm done?

I am trying to get it to recognize the saving throws putting in the classes but it doesn't seem to automate that. I have tried Fort, Fortitude, Constitution, as well as Dexterity and Reflex

Blahness98
February 12th, 2022, 19:43
Like I said, this was a hack job to get it entered and semi-automated. I did not go too deep into the code to change things aside from skills and ability names. So, hopefully you have more luck.

Darkrin
February 15th, 2022, 03:45
no problem thank you for doing it. it's way better than anything I could have done I just thought I would ask. not a big deal to do that small part by hand

Darkrin
April 11th, 2022, 18:05
I know this is a long shot but I'm going to ask anyway. Would any programmer be willing to take this EXT character sheet and maintenance it? As it mostly works now, occasionally there are errors that pop up but most everything seems to work. There are a few instances where using Tech and People does not work properly. I just don't know enough about programming to change things and hope I don't break anything else, as I'm sure I would. I did look at it and while I understand the basics of it, changing it is a whole different thing. I have put the whole ruleset book into FG and would be willing to pass that along to help keep this up to date.