PDA

View Full Version : Developer Tools takes over screen Mac OS 10.13

RobertL
May 2nd, 2020, 18:30
My wife who has a Mac that can no longer update past 10.13 gets this message pop up on her screen anywhere from one to three hours into a session. She cannot get around the message as it becomes the primary focus. There is no option for Force Quit it and you cannot click on any other applications. Either she inputs her password or she has to force shutdown the computer.

We did an uninstall/reinstall of the FGU and it seemed to be running fine for a couple of hours until it happened agin. Out of desperation, I suggested inputting her password and it disappeared for a short time to come back and start over again.

Is there a way to prevent this from popping up or getting around it?

Thank you

redeyesofnight
May 13th, 2020, 11:18
My wife who has a Mac that can no longer update past 10.13 gets this message pop up on her screen anywhere from one to three hours into a session. She cannot get around the message as it becomes the primary focus. There is no option for Force Quit it and you cannot click on any other applications. Either she inputs her password or she has to force shutdown the computer.

We did an uninstall/reinstall of the FGU and it seemed to be running fine for a couple of hours until it happened agin. Out of desperation, I suggested inputting her password and it disappeared for a short time to come back and start over again.

Is there a way to prevent this from popping up or getting around it?

Thank you

I've never seen this issue before, and I'm not sure whether this is something I can do anything about when doing a build.
Some googling has led to this thread:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9132826/stop-developer-tools-access-needs-to-take-control-of-another-process-for-debugg

There seem to be a couple of options, the top answer saying to enable dev tools on the computer with this command in terminal:
sudo /usr/sbin/DevToolsSecurity --enable

I'm not sure what type of debugging tools it's trying to launch, possibly Unity/FG is crashing and trying to launch a reporting tool that it can't.
I'll have to try this on a fresh user account to look a bit closer.

RobertL
May 15th, 2020, 03:18
Thank you for the reply. Of course since I posted this, it hasn't happened again.
We have had the program completely crash and get an error report from the OS recently.