PDA

View Full Version : Just updated Fantasy Grounds Unity and it deleted all the data in my campaign.

Griffsson
May 2nd, 2020, 16:39
I've been running LMoP and decided to try out Unity for the first time.

But it seems to have deleted all the data in the campaign, character sheets e.t.c.

I'd transferred it a few days ago so I know it was fine and just wanted to check a few details before hand but can see that everything has vanished! Maybe I'm being dense but I've not made any real changes except running it.

Game starts in 2.5 hours and now I've got to rebuild all the prep work I did previously.

Any advice would be appreciated to help fix this.

Griffsson

Edit: Taking a closer look I can see the data is in the file but it's not loading into FG

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2020, 16:41
Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

Please post a screenshot of the "Advanced" tab of your settings window.

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2020, 16:49
Please provide the screenshot I mention in my post above. This will let me know what directories FGU is setup to use. Then I can help get you going again.

Griffsson
May 2nd, 2020, 16:51

Griffsson
May 2nd, 2020, 16:52

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2020, 17:00
The file locations look OK.

So, you've migrated your campaign from FGC to FGU - is that correct?

You copied the campaign data from your <FGC app data directory>\campaigns\LMOP to C:\Users\hardi\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\LMOP - is that correct?

When you first loaded the campaign in FGU after updating did you get any message pop up regarding problem data?

Griffsson
May 2nd, 2020, 17:06
I think there was an error that popped up. But it isn't appearing now.

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2020, 17:18
I'm guessing that error mentioned that there was a problem loading your data (maybe due to an improper exit last time) and that it was using a backup.

Without FGU running, make a backup of the C:\Users\hardi\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\LMOP directory.

Then, look in C:\Users\hardi\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\LMOP - there should be a number of XML files. Rename the current db.xml file to something like db_old.xml.

Then look at the modify dates of the db.session.XXXXXXXXXX.xml files (where XXXXXXXXXX are 10 numbers - don't worry about those). Look for a modify date of when you last know you had data in the campaign - it will probably be a bit larger in size than the others. Then, copy this file and rename it to db.xml

Load up FG and load your campaign - do you see your missing data?

Griffsson
May 2nd, 2020, 17:35
OK thanks for that. It seems to have fixed the issue. Will ensure proper exit in the future.

Thank you very much for your help!

Griffsson

Trenloe
May 2nd, 2020, 17:40
Thank you very much for your help!
No worries. Hope you enjoy your game!