PDA

View Full Version : The shortcut for classic turned into unity

Larsenex
May 2nd, 2020, 14:42
I have both programs on physical separate drives E for classic and G for Unity. I just tried launching classic and it only launches unity. Very odd. I found the executable for classic in the 'programs folder' in E and just moved it to my desktop as a shortcut. This is not really a ticket but I was surprised this morning when I went to go fire up the classic campaign and only unity started.

Do I need the Unity only program short cut? Or should I continue to start unity via the updater?

LordEntrails
May 3rd, 2020, 18:11
Did/do your shortcuts have the same name? Mine don't and I have not had this problem.

mhossom
May 3rd, 2020, 20:15
Mine did the same thing. I just created a new shortcut to FGC and all is fine.

Talyn
May 3rd, 2020, 20:54
Can confirm here as well. I have both installed to their default locations, yet today my FGC icon fires up FGU instead. Trying to revert it now...

Bolorokenpay
May 4th, 2020, 13:56
Same, I actually watched it happen when I ran the updater.

LordEntrails
May 4th, 2020, 16:47
Were your desktop shortcuts all using the default names? Were the names identical? Did your old FGU shortcut remain or get deleted?

Talyn
May 4th, 2020, 17:02
I believe in my case both shortcuts were simply "Fantasy Grounds." The FGC one is a manual shortcut so I had already edited "Shortcut to FantasyGrounds.exe" to "Fantasy Grounds" and it was the FGC icon as well. After 'the incident' the FGU updater overwrote it to the FGU icon and the FGU folder, but kept my original FGU shortcut too.

LordEntrails
May 4th, 2020, 17:04
I believe in my case both shortcuts were simply "Fantasy Grounds." The FGC one is a manual shortcut so I had already edited "Shortcut to FantasyGrounds.exe" to "Fantasy Grounds" and it was the FGC icon as well. After 'the incident' the FGU updater overwrote it to the FGU icon and the FGU folder, but kept my original FGU shortcut too.
Thx. Sounds like the updater is looking for the first shortcut on the desktop it finds with the name "Fantasy Grounds" and updates it. I think this is something Ryan is going to have to look at / into.

For reference, I've named my shortcuts "FGC" and "FGU" and they have both been updated just fine.

Talyn
May 4th, 2020, 17:08
I suspected that's what was happening so when I fixed my FGC shortcut I named it "Fantasy Grounds Classic" to prevent it next time.

raif11152
June 17th, 2020, 02:48
Sorry for the Necro. This just happened to me a few minutes ago and the Shortcuts are "Fantasy Grounds" and "Fantasy Grounds Unity".

There is zero reason why any program installed on my system should be modifying any shortcuts. Make a new one if necessary, but don't be changing my shortcuts.

LordEntrails
June 17th, 2020, 15:08
Change your FGC shortcut name to "Fantasy Grounds Classic". Any shortcut on your desktop named "Fantasy Grounds" will get updated when you update FGU.