PDA

View Full Version : PC Token on Map

Elwood
May 1st, 2020, 18:27
Hi Guys, I'm using FGU with 2E AD&D

I'm having trouble putting Player Tokens to maps: I read that I have to do it from CT: with NPCs I can do it, drag and put monster token, for example, on the map.
Nothing happens to the players tokens: when I put it on the map, it's loading.... then it doesn't show me token released.
What am I wrong with?

I tried both on a customized map that I loaded and on one of those already present.

If I turn an NPC into a PC (Clone to PC) and put it in the Combat Tracker, I can put the Token on the maps.
PC Tokens with c.sheet created, I can't ... it loads when I move on the map and then it doesn't release any pictures.

I also ask you how I can change tokens from a player's sheet once I have already placed one

Thank you,

Elwood

Nagrimor
May 1st, 2020, 19:14
Hey,

So I am a bit of a newby here but here is what I did below. I guess the veterans can correct me.

Make sure that you have created a grid:
1. Open your map
2. Click on the grid tab
3. User the mouse selector
4. Draw a square based on your grid size

Drag your PCs to the Combat Tracker
1. Open Combat Tracker
2. Open Party Sheet
3. Open the party member Character Sheet that you want to drag
4. Grab their Token picture
5. Drop it on the Combat Tracker

Drop your PC's Token on the grid
1. Grab your PCs Token
2. Drag it on the grid

celestian
May 1st, 2020, 19:20
Hi Guys, I'm using FGU with 2E AD&D

I'm having trouble putting Player Tokens to maps: I read that I have to do it from CT: with NPCs I can do it, drag and put monster token, for example, on the map.
Nothing happens to the players tokens: when I put it on the map, it's loading.... then it doesn't show me token released.
What am I wrong with?

I tried both on a customized map that I loaded and on one of those already present.

If I turn an NPC into a PC (Clone to PC) and put it in the Combat Tracker, I can put the Token on the maps.
PC Tokens with c.sheet created, I can't ... it loads when I move on the map and then it doesn't release any pictures.

I also ask you how I can change tokens from a player's sheet once I have already placed one

Thank you,

Elwood

FGU is still in "beta" and has performance issues currently. If you are clicking and dragging a PC from the CT token to the map that has a large list of spells it will "pause" while it processes those and gives the impression that clicking on the token does nothing.

You can drag/drop the green helmet to the map and it will place all PC tokens on the map. As someone else suggested above you can open the character sheet and drag/drop the token from the character sheet onto the map as well.

That COULD be the problem, it also could be a new patch has introduced some problems with FGU during it's beta process. That said I tested locally just now and it appears to work fine.

IMO: FGU is not ready to use for actual play (today) using the 2E ruleset (specifically FGUs subwindow display issues).

To change a token on a character sheet, just drag/drop another token onto the token image on the character sheet. Portrait, double click the portrait and select a new one.

Zacchaeus
May 1st, 2020, 19:20
Make sure that you have placed the PCs on the Combat tracker either by dragging them from the portrait on the top left of the screen or from the PC window (not the party sheet).

Once they are properly there drag from the CT onto the map. You can also use the little green skull icon at the bottom of the combat tracker to place all the PCs on the map at once by dragging and dropping it on the map.

celestian
May 1st, 2020, 19:32
This might help.

https://i.imgur.com/amKCYp1.gif

Elwood
May 1st, 2020, 20:13
Ok, with green helmet works (group token)! not individually.
Now I'm trying to reform the combat tracker: it is not clear to me where to drag the icons from.

From the Party Sheet? (I read not)
From the portraits of the connect players in the upper left?
From the character selection window?

Thank you all!

celestian
May 1st, 2020, 20:23
Ok, with green helmet works (group token)! not individually.
Now I'm trying to reform the combat tracker: it is not clear to me where to drag the icons from.

From the Party Sheet? (I read not)
From the portraits of the connect players in the upper left?
From the character selection window?

Thank you all!

See my previous comments on selecting them individually re:FGU beta/performance problems.

Characters MUST be in the combat tracker to have valid tokens on the map.
Characters do not need to be in the Partysheet to be in the CT but it's good practice. There is also a button on the main tab of the party sheet to add them all to the CT.

Right now, use what works in FGU. In the future, once it's "stable" then you can drag/drop them from any of the icons in the CT.

Elwood
May 1st, 2020, 20:31
Perfect! Thank you again Celestian.

avitale34
May 2nd, 2020, 01:56
This might help.

https://i.imgur.com/amKCYp1.gif

Curious what extention you have that made your combat tracker look like that?

celestian
May 2nd, 2020, 01:58
Curious what extention you have that made your combat tracker look like that?

That is the default combat tracker for the AD&D 2E ruleset. It was revamped to update the UI a bit but mainly to improve load times of large amounts of node data.

Elwood
May 2nd, 2020, 10:48
That is the default combat tracker for the AD&D 2E ruleset. It was revamped to update the UI a bit but mainly to improve load times of large amounts of node data.

It's the same one (AD&D) I use: is there any way to compress this CT interface?
I wish I could only see the lines in the first window on the left. In the right one, loads too much data: PCs with many spells slow down the system every time I interact with CT.

I's the same problem we were talking about above: I noticed that moving one by one on the map and waiting, keeping the mouse pressed, without releasing, after some time loads the single token in the map. It is a problem of data processing, I think.

celestian
May 2nd, 2020, 18:17
It's the same one (AD&D) I use: is there any way to compress this CT interface?
I wish I could only see the lines in the first window on the left. In the right one, loads too much data: PCs with many spells slow down the system every time I interact with CT.

I's the same problem we were talking about above: I noticed that moving one by one on the map and waiting, keeping the mouse pressed, without releasing, after some time loads the single token in the map. It is a problem of data processing, I think.

No, there is not a way to hide the CT display panel. If you did you'd not be able to use the NPCs actions properly.

The issue is with FGU and should/will be resolved. As you noted and I mentioned previously, characters with large spell lists cause problems. FGU is not doing well performance wise at this time.