PDA

View Full Version : Unpublished stats

NuclearMonkey
May 1st, 2020, 17:54
For official adventures, does WOTC give final approval of NPC statistics unique to FG? For example, Ireena in CoS has 11 HP. Is that the "official" stats for the character as far as WOTC is concerned?

LordEntrails
May 1st, 2020, 18:33
I doubt it. I I don't see why they would care.

If an adventure module says some like "Thomas is a commoner but has 11 HP" then I would expect the stat block for Thomas in FG would be the same as a commoner, but be set to 11 hp.

Is that what you are asking?

Zacchaeus
May 1st, 2020, 19:29
I doubt it. I I don't see why they would care.

If an adventure module says some like "Thomas is a commoner but has 11 HP" then I would expect the stat block for Thomas in FG would be the same as a commoner, but be set to 11 hp.

Is that what you are asking?

Ireena has 14 hit points. She is a character in the adventure who is specifically mentioned along with her alignment and race. So she isn't 'unique to FG' she's actually in the adventure.

Characters that appear in modules are all from the adventure; none of them are made up just for FG.

NuclearMonkey
May 1st, 2020, 20:05
Where are you getting that information from? The stats and alignment you mention are not in the published version of CoS. I understand that to be represented in FG every NPC needs a stat block. I just wondered for important NPCs without a published stat does WOTC give any feedback?

It's not really that important, I'm just going to change it to like 1000 until I decide she should get murdered. With the large stat difference between Ismark and Ireena AND the PC interest in keeping Ireena alive, I wondered why her HP was so low.

Zacchaeus
May 1st, 2020, 20:58
Where are you getting that information from? The stats and alignment you mention are not in the published version of CoS. I understand that to be represented in FG every NPC needs a stat block. I just wondered for important NPCs without a published stat does WOTC give any feedback?

It's not really that important, I'm just going to change it to like 1000 until I decide she should get murdered. With the large stat difference between Ismark and Ireena AND the PC interest in keeping Ireena alive, I wondered why her HP was so low.

It's in the PDF that WotC provided on which the module is based.

NuclearMonkey
May 1st, 2020, 21:56
Thanks. Found it in my hard copy too. Don’t know how I missed it.