PDA

View Full Version : DB Editor...

geekworx
March 14th, 2007, 09:38
Morning,

Well at least it is still morning here in South Africa. :)

Our company has started development on a DB Editor (XML Editor) for the Fantasy Grounds product and we are currently in beta testing phase.

If you would like to learn more, please visit us at our website: https://www.wrath.co.za/ or go directly to the support forums at: https://support.wrath.co.za/.

We are excited about this project and hope that the community will be as excited.

DrDeth
March 14th, 2007, 14:59
Just a note to add:
This project will eventually become a full ruleset tool. We started with the database editor, as this is the logical place to start when you're creating your own ruleset from scratch.

mr_h
March 14th, 2007, 15:29
I really think they desperatly need one of these:)

FG 1 or 2?

geekworx
March 14th, 2007, 17:12
FG 1 or 2?

It is currently being tested on our licensed version of 1.05f.

The nature of the code is such that once we get a good working model on 1 there should be no reason why we can't convert it for 2.

So to answer your question, initially we will support 1, with 2 support following closely behind that.

On a second note, there are some screen shots of the editor in action on our forums, if you would like to see them. I will also be updating you all on these forums as progress is made, as long as nobody from Fanatasy Grounds objects that is. ;)

tdwyer11b
March 14th, 2007, 19:24
From your screenshots, this looks to be a very promising tool.

mr_h
March 15th, 2007, 14:37

I concur, nice:)

geekworx
March 15th, 2007, 19:58

I concur, nice:)

Thanks ... DrDeth has out a lot of effort and time into this program.

I have been responsible for the testing.

We are about to embark on another round of testing within the next few days, barring any major catastrophes we should have a public Beta release real soon.

I have also started on the manual and documentation for this tool. :)

I will keep you all up to date with the progress ... and hopefully you won't be in held in suspense for too long before you can get your hands on the tool.

Hanu
March 16th, 2007, 08:07
Looks very very promising! :)

Keep up the good work fellows!

Shrp77
March 16th, 2007, 15:38
Very nice - very nice indeed :)

Keep on going !! More tools, More TOOLS :D

nezzir
March 17th, 2007, 22:19
I would love to use this tool to dev my ruleset for FGII.
/me watches with anticipation...

Edit: An import function (from nearly any file type, but a spreadsheet would be awesome) would be very helpful.

DrDeth
March 18th, 2007, 09:53
Nezzir,

Im not sure what you mean by a spreadsheet? The database files are heirarchical in nature.

If you mean creating a spreadsheet or datagrid type view based on the structure, then its a great idea, but assumes that all of the records are identical in structure - which should be the case, but not neccessarily.

I'll add this to the project for inclusion at a later time though - thanks for the feedback.

Also, the import functionality would be quite helpful. I imagine being able to load two database files side-by-side and dragging nodes from one to the other.

hedgewizard
March 19th, 2007, 02:01
I don't come here much these days; just the occasional stop for version updates (I am looking forward and apprehensive about what's coming).

This editor sounds like a FABULOUS idea, and the screen shots are promising in as far as useability/ease-of-use go. I'll be keeping my eye out!

geekworx
March 19th, 2007, 05:50
The good news is that another round of internal testing was done this weekend and things are really looking good.

I will be posting some more screenshots later on today or early tomorrow.

The date for the public beta test is getting close and I already have had some great interest from FG users who want to be involved in the testing.

I am excited about this tool and I hope that it will make all our FG lives just that little bit easier.

mr_h
March 19th, 2007, 13:29
Where do we express interest in this beta testing :)
/interested

geekworx
March 19th, 2007, 14:15
Where do we express interest in this beta testing :)
/interested

The best place is to visit our Support Forums at https://support.wrath.co.za/ or visit the site at https://www.wrath.co.za/ and click on the Forums button.

Register a user there and then drop me an e-mail at [email protected] so that I can activate your user.

Once the Closed Public Beta becomes available you will be provided with a link for the download and then you can start testing for us. :)