PDA

View Full Version : "Monster Hunter For Hire!"

RayGravin
May 1st, 2020, 13:22
"Som Lok... Tabaxi. Som Lock Monk... way of long death... Som Lock hunt monster with you... Som Lock eat monster with you"

Hi I'm looking for a little help getting into playing some games. I do have a weird idea for a character though. I'm attaching the bio section of the character sheet. If anyone is looking for fun monster hunter for hire please respond.

Appearance:

Tall and slightly bulky for a Tabaxi with yellow/white fur and dark red/brown stripes that cover most of his back and head. Green eyes and black lips and nose with a muzzle and throat of bright off white/yellow fur and large black claws from off white/yellow hands and dark red/brown striped arms and legs.

Wears a short black hooded robe that drapes from his waist to his upper thigh with a simple rope belt and pair of loose pants that tighten around his lower leg just below the knee. He has a steel shackle on each wrist and ankle.

Carries a large sack across his chest on his back where he stores assorted cooking equipment: pots and pans, fancy knives forks and other utensils, coal, matches, oil and fine spices. He also carries heads and various organs and body parts in his sack in between meals.

Backstory:

"Som Lock... Tabaxi… Som Lock Monk way of long death. Som Lock journey... taste death of great creatures."

"Som Lock taken from tribe on hunt. Many slavers lost throat to fathers before capture. Som Lock watch slavers take skins. Many suns and moons chained and whipped before free. Som Lock remember slavers taste... fat and skin little flesh. Monks of Deaths Mouth give Som Lock name... teach Som Lock way of long death. Hidden temple of Deaths Mouth deep in darkest Jungle. Deep hidden door to Underdark. Taste many prey, want taste new... Journey alone now to taste new prey."

Allies and Organizations:

The Monks of Deaths Mouth. Discipline of a hidden monastery deep in the jungles of Maztika where a sunken cave opening to the Underdark is guarded. They each teach other the way of the long death. Additionally as a Tabaxi Discipline it ritualistically involves eating or at least tasting the blood of fallen enemies or prey. They also always share their kill with the jungle once they have their fill.

Additional Features and Traits:

As a traveler outside the jungle Som Lock quickly took to cooking but with a "complex" pallet using various organs savoring the heads of most prey. Often eating down to the skull eyeballs first and frying the brains. Fortunately for most he doesn't like to share the heads. He will share the rest of the creatures body though. It's his way as a Monk of Deaths Mouth to share food and prevent waste or hunger. Lawful Neutral as in Law of the Jungle!

Personality Traits:

Enjoys playing with his food.

Speaks little common and often communicates in deep growls/purrs.

Ideas:

Distrusts humans at first contact.

Seeks out and shares exotic food.

Flaws:

Poor communication skills.

Shares most things too easily.

RayGravin
May 6th, 2020, 03:01
The author does a great job with the character he has created. This is a real page turner. Looking forward to the next in the series! Lots of fun for fans of horror. 5 Stars!
192.168.100.1 (https://1921681001.id/) 192.168.1.1 (https://19216811.cam/)

Thank you, I'm really getting into character creation now that I've learned a few things about how to do it properly. Just rolled an amazing backstory for a Dragonborn Palard that I can't wait to play next week. What kind of trouble are you getting into?