PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to use skills for saving throws?

onlyAgamer
May 1st, 2020, 08:48
Hi,

I'm running a game currently with a few homebrew classes including the Matt Mercers gunslinger as found here. https://www.dndbeyond.com/subclasses/gunslinger
I'm currently trying to find a way to make the misfire roll easier on my player, and I been trying to find a way to add an effect or force a save roll that uses say the Slight of hand skill +2 for the repair check on the misfire.

I've had a look at the effects Wiki and can't seem to find a way to code this in, so I don't know if theres an extension or im just being silly, but any help as to if I can do this would be appreciated

Cheers.

LordEntrails
May 1st, 2020, 16:57
Welcome!

Just drag the skill check to the hot bar and click the hot bar or the corresponding function key when you want the check rolled?

Scuba72
May 2nd, 2020, 04:18
For Thieves tools I created a new skill in the skills tab and added Dex and proficiency so when my players need a Thieves tool check they can just click that skill.
I would think the same thing would work for you.
Click the edit list button then add a new skill.
Name it Misfire ( or Repair or whatever works for you/your player) click the ability box until Dex shows, add proficiency by clicking the star.
You can also add a static bonus in the misc column for that specific skill and no effect would be needed.
You may even want to consider giving them double proficiency in that skill if they built the gun themselves or you just want them to be really good at it.

Sorry if that doesn't answer your question. I was going for the end result and not necessarily the method you requested.

onlyAgamer
May 3rd, 2020, 16:51
LordEntrails, Scuba72

Cheers for the reply, the end result was the most important thing, and is most likely what I'll end up doing, thanks for the replies.