PDA

View Full Version : Confused as hell

Rolinaire
May 1st, 2020, 04:23
Confused as all hell!!!
So i've just purchased a subscription to FG classic, downloaded the program, launched it and am totally stuck. I've been looking for tutorials to even get started but i'm missing things. My start button doesnt click and there's no option to create a campaign, only join, manage charatcers load and create demo.
I've checked my subscription and put my log in info in under activate license/settings and i just cannot figure it out.
I've looked at tutorials and they all seem to have Fantasy grounds II and different options (like create a campaign).
For the love of all that is wholy, can someone please help me. I can't believe i'm this early in and already totally stuck.
It's gtta be something simple, like loggin in somewhere surely.

Thanks in advance....

LordEntrails
May 1st, 2020, 06:31
Welcome to the community!

When you launch FGC you should have a screen that looks like this (update button may not be red);
(Note, all those red circle/shields are links to resources such as the User Manual you can click on to go to all those resources.)

In the top right corner do you see the same version number? Does your have the word "FREE" after it? If so, then you need to enter your license information under the "Settings" button.

Settings looks like this;
Enter your license key as you find it in your Order History of the FG Store (or CD Keys in Steam if purchased there).

Next click "Manage" and enter your forum username and password and OK. Make sure you get a log in.

Then Click OK (on the Settings window) and run an update. Does the "Free" go away?

Now you should have the screen I showed at the beginning, and you can click "Create New Campaign".

IF instead you see a screen like this one;

You have installed FGU and not FGC. Verify which one you purchased the subscription to.

damned
May 1st, 2020, 07:47
If you dont put in a Campaign Name it will not Start the new Campaign.
When joining a game you must put in a Player name or it will not connect.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2020, 07:55
Also refer to the FG Classic Wiki (old) under the help menu at the top of the page. Guides -> Getting Started presents the steps needed to first setup FG.

Make sure you’ve entered your license key correctly (step 3).

Rolinaire
May 1st, 2020, 09:43
Thanks guys, I eventually figured out that it was the free or demo version and that I had to put in the license key. The problem was that I hadn't received a key as i'd used a different email address for my paypal subscription. Her i was thinking that by logging in on the settings screen that it would have automatically put int he key for me.
I changed my email within my account to the same one that i used to pay and that did the trick.
Even though it was quite easy to fix in the end, i wish some information somewhere would have told me that. I looked in many of the beginner tutorials and of course thier program looked different with different options and buttons so it was a little confusing.

All good now. thanks everyone :)