PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms Game

Traygin
March 12th, 2007, 21:15
Hello All,
I am getting ready to run a campaign set near the Evermoors in the Forgotten Realms setting. The players will predominantly be based out of the town of Nesme’, a town on the verge of obliteration from the monstrous hordes from the Evermoors and beyond.

I am looking for 4 maybe 5 players for the game. I will have a web site set up at some point that will provide more information for the game and additional house rules. I in general will only allow prestige class’s for the books that I own, and I only allow only certain prestige class to be used by the players. This information will be posted on the web site that I create for the game. The game will also be a mix of overland and dungeon adventures, so Ranger or Druids are a welcome class to play.

I am looking at running the game 2-3 times a month as I have limited time to devote to DMing a game. I am looking at playing the game on a Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday from 7-10:30 (PST, GMT -8). For voice I am thinking about The Gizmo Project as the VoIP but may be open to something else.

One other note, I have never played using Fantasygrounds so there will be a learning curve on my end.

I am hoping to start the game in 2 weeks.

See games calandar.

The game web site which is under development is at https://www.geocities.com/ap777200/index.html

irondog
March 13th, 2007, 03:38
I signed up under the Game calendar. Tuesdays is the best day for me

asiancop
March 13th, 2007, 09:26
I would be interested if you ended up playing on Monday nights. Unfortunately I work evenings on both Tues and Thurs.

Traygin
March 14th, 2007, 00:21
Irondog and Asiancop could you send me a character idea you have in mind.

Scorpion-Death-Bunny
March 14th, 2007, 02:47
I'd be interested in this. Tuesdays and Thursdays would be better but Mondays wouldn't be that much of a problem for me. signed up at game calander

asiancop
March 14th, 2007, 04:38
I could play about any class. I generally prefer melee types over casters, however I could do a divine caster. I am just not to keen on arcane casters at 1st level.

It would be helpful if we knew which books you had so we could get an idea of what prestige classes are available also.

Traygin
March 14th, 2007, 04:58
I could play about any class. I generally prefer melee types over casters, however I could do a divine caster. I am just not to keen on arcane casters at 1st level.

It would be helpful if we knew which books you had so we could get an idea of what prestige classes are available also.

I should have a list of available prestige class's that will be alowed by PC's on the web site.

Sarcasm1333
March 15th, 2007, 00:27
I am leaning towards playing a druid and maybe eventually a shifter if you allow that prestige class. I am envisioning my druid as less of a tree hugging human hater and more along the lines of the celtic druid intimately involved in the energy of life both within nature and within all living creatures. I picture the character as slightly mysterious and coming off as potentially even slightly threatining and sinister (though he would certainly be of good alignment)

Engar
March 15th, 2007, 14:54
I may be able to make one of those nights if it is not more than once a week. I have run a brief set of adventures in FG and need to better familiarize so the learning curve may actually benefit me. I am open to any class, but would prefer either a fighter or sorcerer (just two classes I have not played recently).

asiancop
March 16th, 2007, 03:58
I will be playing a cleric to start. Will be multiclassing later on.

Also I am not familiar with that Gizmo Project thing for voice. I have 2 VoIP programs now. Skype and Ventrilo. I have my own 20 slot ventrilo server available, so I would prefer to use one of those rather than trying a new VoIP program.

I think we should get to get together sometime, either by voice or just some messenger program like msn and work out time and date details. I think we can have our bases covered classwise.

Traygin
March 16th, 2007, 06:20
I will be playing a cleric to start. Will be multiclassing later on.

Also I am not familiar with that Gizmo Project thing for voice. I have 2 VoIP programs now. Skype and Ventrilo. I have my own 20 slot ventrilo server available, so I would prefer to use one of those rather than trying a new VoIP program.

I think we should get to get together sometime, either by voice or just some messenger program like msn and work out time and date details. I think we can have our bases covered classwise.

We can use your Ventrilo server for your VoIP. I will send you a follow up PM to set up a time where we can do a dry run and allow me to test some stuff on my end. And of course set the time for the game.

asiancop
March 16th, 2007, 06:58
Have you heard anymore from Irondog and Scorpion?

Traygin
March 16th, 2007, 19:01
Have you heard anymore from Irondog and Scorpion?
Irondog is going to play a human (Illuskan) barbarian/sorcerer. I have not heard from Scorpion on what Class he wants to play. Another player Sarcasm1333 is interested in playing a Druid. There are a few others interested in playing as well. Looks like the party may need a rouge of some sort.

Scorpion-Death-Bunny
March 17th, 2007, 00:24
I was thinking of playing some kind of rouge.

irondog
March 17th, 2007, 05:01
I hate to be a pain in the ***, but I've been looking over some of the source books and I really like the Warrior Skald prestige class. So if it isn't too much trouble, I'm thinking about running a rogue/bard towards that prestige class instead of the barb/sorcerer. Let me know. Thanks

Traygin
March 17th, 2007, 22:56
I hate to be a pain in the ***, but I've been looking over some of the source books and I really like the Warrior Skald prestige class. So if it isn't too much trouble, I'm thinking about running a rogue/bard towards that prestige class instead of the barb/sorcerer. Let me know. Thanks

Irondog, you can go for the Warrior Skald prestige class, I have the Races of farun book, but have not put those Prestige class's on the web site.

asiancop
March 18th, 2007, 07:04
Looks like we need a fighter type

Engar
March 19th, 2007, 03:24
I can play a fighter instead of a sorcerer if it better serves the group.

Garignak
March 19th, 2007, 09:53
I would be glad to sign up.....a half-orc fighter

Traygin
March 20th, 2007, 00:36
I can play a fighter instead of a sorcerer if it better serves the group.

A fighter would work.

asiancop
March 20th, 2007, 06:36
Or we could let Engar do teh Sorc, and let Garignak do the fighter.

Traygin
March 21st, 2007, 04:40
Hello All
I am looking at starting the campain on April 9th at 7 PST (GMT -8).
Let me know if you are still intrested.

asiancop
March 21st, 2007, 04:48
I am good for that date.

Garignak
March 21st, 2007, 05:10
sounds good to me

genjuro_zero
March 21st, 2007, 20:22
Is the group full, or are you needing any more? I could play an arcane caster, skills-type or a beefy sword-swinger. I've got characters that interest me for all 3 types.

Let me know if you need character info. :)

Edit: signed up on the calendar as a fighter, though I'd prefer to know if you need more at all, then discuss via PMs before commiting.

Also, my schedule is open on mon, tues, wed - so any of those will work for me.

ElementEvil
March 22nd, 2007, 20:42
Im available on those nights, and im more interested in the arcane classes.

I can play Wizard(heading archmage) or Warmage. I prefer Spark but can play human. My characters are lawful neutral. and hes addicted to prestidigitation. (best spell in the phb!)

I always play wizards, so i know all the spells, and can prepare spells on scrolls if i can't prepare enough. Im good with support and troubleshooter spells.

Engar
March 24th, 2007, 00:23
I am preparing a dwarf fighter. Do we also have a priest or healer of some kind? I might swing toward ranger if not.

asiancop
March 25th, 2007, 23:28
I am playing a cleric. I think Garignak is also playing a fighter also. Dunno if that will affect your choice Engar.

Traygin
March 26th, 2007, 00:43
Hello All,
AsianCop – Cleric
I think Irondog is going to play a Wilderness Rouge or a Savage Bard.
Engar is going to play a dwarf fighter.
Garignak is going to play a Half-Orc fighter.
Scorpion-Death-Bunny may play a rouge or bard.
I have not heard from Sarcasm1333

If I do not hear from Sarchasm1333 I will get another person to play that has responded as wanting to play.

The party looks good as far as its fighters are concerned. The party has a cleric. Depending on what Irondog or Scorpion-Death-bunny do the party could use a strong rouge but a wilderness rouge would probably be just fine, just have some standard ranks in find trap, pick locks etc…
The party defiantly could use a spell caster Wizard, Sorcerer etc…

For all those playing send me a PM with your e-mail I like to get a distribution going between everyone playing.
Also, if you can send me some brief details of your character mainly alignment.

Engar
March 26th, 2007, 18:11
Is tonight the first session? Traygin, please add the proposed session date to the calendar if possible. I do not want to miss it and need to plan ahead a little. I set tonight aside just in case.

Thanks,
Engar

Traygin
March 26th, 2007, 18:39
Is tonight the first session? Traygin, please add the proposed session date to the calendar if possible. I do not want to miss it and need to plan ahead a little. I set tonight aside just in case.

Thanks,
Engar

Engar,
The first day will be April 9 at 7 PM PST (GMT -8).

Engar
March 27th, 2007, 16:57
Sounds good! Thank you.

ElementEvil
March 30th, 2007, 03:44
24.16.134.114 is that IP

and ive tried DM'ing with a friend using the premade maps and such, you should try and practice before the actual campaign, it gets annoying trying to find places for everything when you can't move the chat box around.

All round i think the program is brilliant, I like playing dungeons and dragons, and when my DM moved away, i never had another chance to play.

Engar
March 30th, 2007, 20:25
Another useful preparation is entering some hotkeys to describe a hit/miss/call for a skill check like search/spot/listen. Saves a few moments typing which add up over time in combat. I only used FG to run about 3-4 sessions about a year ago, but those additions helped significantly as well as familiarizing with flagging each players' turn to minimize cross-talk. It is really hard to keep track if several players are all typing at once then you get flooded with everyone's input at the same time because they are trying to act at once. Just my $.02 for what it's worth ($.02?).

Traygin
April 2nd, 2007, 19:27
Connection issues seemed to be worked out so the game is set for 4/9 at 7PM PDT (GMT-8). Ventro will be the VoIP server.

asiancop
April 2nd, 2007, 20:10
I emailed you the ventrilo information Traygin.

Engar
April 8th, 2007, 01:58
I have locked in my dwarf fighter (including a decent background). If I may have approval to use a Complete Fighter Prestige Class (Occult Slayer) I may pursue that as a later goal. I look forward to the first session Monday.

Traygin
April 16th, 2007, 23:54
Hello all,
There maybe 1 to 2 opens for this game. The current party could use a rouge and maybe another fighter type. Let me know if you are interested in playing and I can send you additional info. Also you must be able to use the Ventrilo VoIP software.

Berova
April 17th, 2007, 00:52
Put me down, if you still have an opening in the game. I can make Mondays 7pm PST (I'm in the same time zone).

Between rogue and fighter, I'd probably pick a some kind of fighter, though I've no problems playing a rogue.

Engar
April 17th, 2007, 01:30
Is our next game tonight?

BTW anyone able to use the forums? I registered, but cannot seem to sign in.

asiancop
April 17th, 2007, 17:42
Try it now Engar

Traygin
April 17th, 2007, 17:59
Put me down, if you still have an opening in the game. I can make Mondays 7pm PST (I'm in the same time zone).

Between rogue and fighter, I'd probably pick a some kind of fighter, though I've no problems playing a rogue.

Berova,
The party could use another fighter type such as a fighter, ranger etc... send me a pm with a rough character draft as to what you want to play.

Lysander
April 18th, 2007, 01:29
Which is the entry on the Gaming Calender? (I can't seem to figure it out)

Are you still playing Monday nights?

Are you needing another character, and if so, what would help out?