PDA

View Full Version : Testing extensions

Stv
April 29th, 2020, 11:42
I've written a couple of extensions for FGC, that I would like to port over to FGU once it goes live.
I don't have a full FGU license as that is taken care of by my groups DM to allow the other players to use Fantasy Grounds Foc.
Currently FGU only allows you to run once instance of the software, unlike FGC where you can connect to a client on your own machine via a localhost connection for testing purposes.
Will this functionality be added to FGU in the future, because atm it is difficult for me to test extensions unless my DM is willing to test things out for me.

Cheers, Steve.

damned
April 29th, 2020, 12:40
I've written a couple of extensions for FGC, that I would like to port over to FGU once it goes live.
I don't have a full FGU license as that is taken care of by my groups DM to allow the other players to use Fantasy Grounds Foc.
Currently FGU only allows you to run once instance of the software, unlike FGC where you can connect to a client on your own machine via a localhost connection for testing purposes.
Will this functionality be added to FGU in the future, because atm it is difficult for me to test extensions unless my DM is willing to test things out for me.

Cheers, Steve.

Its not expected until the Beta is done...

Stv
April 29th, 2020, 14:32
Thanks for the quick response damned, guess I'll just have to wait :)

Cheers, Steve.

ncushing
April 29th, 2020, 16:55
Thanks for the quick response damned, guess I'll just have to wait :)

Cheers, Steve.

Is not being able to run multiple instances a license thing? I have the Ultimate license and am able to run multiple instances of FGU just fine. That's probably what you were saying and I'm just being dense. ;)

LordEntrails
April 29th, 2020, 17:03
Is not being able to run multiple instances a license thing? I have the Ultimate license and am able to run multiple instances of FGU just fine. That's probably what you were saying and I'm just being dense. ;)
Without a standard or ultimate license, networking is not enabled. So you can start a campaign, but it will not show up on the lobby list and no one will be able to connect to it.

Dave Wilson
April 29th, 2020, 17:45
I have been connecting to my own hosted game with a second character using localhost for the last couple weeks. Oh but I do have a monthly ultimate licence