PDA

View Full Version : Potential Bug: Character Sheet error message

Erelon
April 29th, 2020, 09:04
Hello,
After taking the most recent SW Rippers Update, every time i try to open a character sheet (new or existing) or click on a tab on an existing sheet, I get the error below. I've also tried creating a completely new campaign with the ruleset and extension loaded, same result.

Ruleset Error: window: Control(favors) anchoring to an undefined control (rightanchor) in windowclass (charsheet_header)

any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ikael
April 29th, 2020, 21:37
Hello,
After taking the most recent SW Rippers Update, every time i try to open a character sheet (new or existing) or click on a tab on an existing sheet, I get the error below. I've also tried creating a completely new campaign with the ruleset and extension loaded, same result.

any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Try to run updater again. Changes were done to the product and you need to have up-to-date SavageWorlds (or SWD) ruleset to use Rippers Resurrected product properly

Erelon
April 29th, 2020, 21:42
Try to run updater again. Changes were done to the product and you need to have up-to-date SavageWorlds (or SWD) ruleset to use Rippers Resurrected product properly

Thanks for the quick reply! I ran the updater again(no updates at this time). this is Classic, v3.3.10, running SWADE v5.2, and rippers v2.2. I also tried unloading adventure deck. same error message as before.

Martin153
April 30th, 2020, 18:26
The problem is with the Rippers.ext.. I had to disable it to make FG work

rodney418
April 30th, 2020, 23:53
Delete it from the Extensions folder and run the updater again. Thst fixed it for me.

Martin153
May 1st, 2020, 09:41

Ok, so I see the file in my Extention list, but can't see it in explorer? Is it called something random?

rodney418
May 1st, 2020, 10:45
Open the FG launcher and you will see a folder icon at the top left. Click on it to take you to the FG folder. Open the Extensions folder there and delete the Rippers extension. Then run the updater.

Martin153
May 1st, 2020, 11:12
That was my question. I have no extension called Rippers or Rippers Resurrected, but it is showing in the Launch Game Screen. It is called something else? It was working fine last week. Re patching is not fixing it.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2020, 11:20
The Player Guide (product code PEGFGSWRRP) is encrypted in the Vault, all you can see is the encrypted PEGFGSWRRP.dat file. You can't access the extension file.

Martin153
May 1st, 2020, 11:23
So do I need to delete that to fix the bug? It seems that some have been deleting the extension, but I don't understand how they can do that. The character sheet is trying to be updated by the Rippers extension, but I just get errors when opening or navigating the sheet.

rodney418
May 1st, 2020, 11:34
Maybe try deleting the entire module and running the updater then. It should download the latest one as a replacement.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2020, 11:41
Delete <FG app data>\vault\PEGFGSWRRP.dat and then run an update.

Martin153
May 1st, 2020, 15:28
Delete <FG app data>\vault\PEGFGSWRRP.dat and then run an update.

I have just deleted, and FG updated everything including the extension. but still getting the error on the char sheet. I guess there is something a little deeper. If I don't load the extension, the character sheet works just fine, but without the Rippers additions to it of course...

Ruleset Error: window: Control(favors) anchoring to an undefined control (rightanchor) in windowclass (charsheet_header)

It happens when the sheet loads, or every time you switch to a new tab on the sheet.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2020, 15:48
There is no error if running in the FG test channel. However the error is present when running on the live channel.

Martin153
May 1st, 2020, 16:08
To confirm, I deleted the SavageWorlds.pak. The updater installed it again but the error is still there...

Trenloe
May 1st, 2020, 16:12
To confirm, I deleted the SavageWorlds.pak. The updater installed it again but the error is still there...
I have confirmed that the issue appears in the live channel, but not the test channel.

We'll have to wait until the next release is pushed to live.

Martin153
May 1st, 2020, 16:21
Thank you Trenloe!

Ikael
May 1st, 2020, 21:22
I investigated the situation further and seems like update to this product was released to live before its dependent ruleset update was released. The difference between product and ruleset version causes this issue. The fix exists in Fantasy Grounds Test Mode and will be in Live next Tuesday.