PDA

View Full Version : Current HP Extension for 5E Ruleset - FGU Version

zuilin
April 29th, 2020, 07:27
MODERATOR: Reported not compatible with current ruleset code as of 2021-02-16.

As Tielc has given the community permission to do so, I have recently updated the Current HP Extension to work with Fantasy Grounds Unity and fixed some general inconsistencies in the original version.

Original version thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44140-Current-HP-Extension-for-5E-Ruleset

Changes and additions:

works with FGU (as of Early Access - current version April 29, 2020)
no longer have to hover over Current HP field to have it adjust other values automatically
when Max HP is changed, Wounds reset to 0 (had to do this to make all the other values update correctly)
characters' Current HP will be updated upon opening character sheet for the first time after adding extension to existing campaigns
changed version number to 3.0 and added notation on startup message
changed filename to: "Current HP FGU.ext"

Usage: See the video in the original version thread for information on how to use this extension.

This version has not been tested with Fantasy Grounds Classic but I suspect it would work fine. -- *NOTE: It does as long as you're not running Critically Awesome Essentials. At least for now. Trying to figure this out...

zuilin
April 29th, 2020, 07:30
Reserved.

Beemanpat
April 29th, 2020, 15:08
Thank you for making this work for Unity. I have a player that is visually impaired and has a hard time finding what to roll. This has eased the their frustration immensely.

zuilin
April 29th, 2020, 15:09
Thank you for making this work for Unity. I have a player that is visually impaired and has a hard time finding what to roll. This has eased the their frustration immensely.

That's great to hear!

Kirzai
May 3rd, 2020, 05:49
Thanks for tackling this! I may have found a bug though, it looks like if you drag a roll/number onto the HP window, it replaces the current HP number instead of summing them. I don't recall the original doing this. [Edit: Meh, maybe it did. Regardless of this, it's still nice to be able to quickly click and type adjustments again!.]

zuilin
May 3rd, 2020, 06:14
Thanks for tackling this! I may have found a bug though, it looks like if you drag a roll/number onto the HP window, it replaces the current HP number instead of summing them. I don't recall the original doing this. [Edit: Meh, maybe it did. Regardless of this, it's still nice to be able to quickly click and type adjustments again!.]

Thanks. I’ve never tried such a thing. I’ll look into it.

kevininrussia
May 27th, 2020, 17:52
Any chance you could get this working for 4E ruleset?

zuilin
May 27th, 2020, 17:53
Any chance you could get this working for 4E ruleset?

I'm not sure what it would take as I didn't write the original extension. I suspect it relies on the 5E ruleset code and therefore won't work.

EllivasKram
August 26th, 2020, 10:39
This version has not been tested with Fantasy Grounds Classic but I suspect it would work fine. -- *NOTE: It does as long as you're not running Critically Awesome Essentials. At least for now. Trying to figure this out...

Can I Just confirm if this .ext works with 'Critically Awesome Essentials' in the UNITY environment.. The above statement is mentioning 'Classic' but has left me confused about the .ext clash in Unity ?

SmackDaddy
September 10th, 2020, 20:35
I also am curious if this works with Unity if we have DiabloBob's CAE?

EllivasKram
September 10th, 2020, 23:01
I can confirm I have had no such issues with this extn.

But I’m now using the latest version of ‘MadNomads character sheet Tweaks’. Which has now been fixed with regards to issues with CAE.

So if you only want the HP functionality. Then this is a good extn and is stable.

Axistos
November 29th, 2020, 11:44
Hello everyone! New DM and FG user here.

Is it possible to add an AC entry for all characters in the combat tracker on top of this extension? Currently, I am using this extension:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44705-Is-there-an-Extension-that-adds-AC-as-a-column&highlight=
but it does not seem to be compatible with the "Current HP FGU" one.

Note: I am playing in person with my friends while using FG for easy management and automation. I found that having the AC visible in the DM's combat tracker has helped me with narration.

Thank you!

Axistos
November 29th, 2020, 20:47
Hello everyone! New DM and FG user here.

Is it possible to add an AC entry for all characters in the combat tracker on top of this extension? Currently, I am using this extension:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44705-Is-there-an-Extension-that-adds-AC-as-a-column&highlight=
but it does not seem to be compatible with the "Current HP FGU" one.

Note: I am playing in person with my friends while using FG for easy management and automation. I found that having the AC visible in the DM's combat tracker has helped me with narration.

Thank you!

It looks like I managed to combine the functionality of both extensions on my own. Sorry everyone.
Now that I am getting the hang of it, I will also try to include AC bonuses from Effects that are applied to each character.

Zionmatrix
February 17th, 2021, 03:04
Getting Script Error: [string "ct_entry"]:1: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value), on Character sheets and in CT after the 2/16/2021 update

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 03:39
An alternate extension supporting "current HP" has been developed by @MeAndUnique; and has already been updated to work with the latest ruleset changes.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58607-5E-Constitutional-Amendments

Regards,
JPG

Zionmatrix
February 17th, 2021, 20:53
I know I just posted the error, but I was wondering if you are still working on the Current HP ext. Sorry, I'm not.

Copied from my PM