PDA

View Full Version : I Have Two Players in the Same House - Only one can connect to my game at a time

benightedfae
April 29th, 2020, 02:17
As the title says, I have a husband and wife who have separate machines on the same router that want to connect to my cloud game at the same time but only one is capable of doing so. How do we fix that? Is it a matter of setting IP addresses? Port forwarding? The information i could find was about hosting in the same house as a player.

damned
April 29th, 2020, 04:12
Can thy connect to your LAN IP?

LordEntrails
April 29th, 2020, 04:14
I don't know and I haven't heard a solution. It should not be an issue, I have 3 players in the same house that have no problem connecting to me (and I have another player in my own house). I'm using a cloud public game with no problem.

But, there is a network.log and a console.log file on each client, if you can get yours and all of your players from the same session/time period, someone might be able to provide some insight.

benightedfae
April 29th, 2020, 19:44
We didn't try the LAN IP. Honestly didn't occur to us. It ended up working after a LOT of spamming the connection attempt on their end. If we have the same issue tonight, I'll get logs and report back. If we don't, I'll report back!

April 29th, 2020, 23:28
Had the same issue last Sunday. Two people in the same house could not connect to Cloud game. We tried a LAN game, no connection. Finally we had one connect, then waited awhile and had the other connect. They both ended up connecting, seems like they just couldn't do it at the same time.

benightedfae
April 30th, 2020, 00:47
It appears to have worked fine this evening. I guess we just encountered a blip in the system.