PDA

View Full Version : CoC 7E Ruleset Character Creation issues

Galdor
April 28th, 2020, 22:40
Hi,

two issues regarding Character creation in Call of Cthulhu 7e Ruleset:

1) when I click on "edit list" to spend the occupation and personal points on skills all the skill names disappear! Here is what I (don't) see: 34528

2) when I use the table to roll dice to generate the characteristics, the results are shown in the chat log, but:
a- they are in a 3-18 scale, when I need to have them in a 15-90 scale: do I need to multiply them by 5 by myself?!
b- is there a way to transfer the results in the character sheet or do I need to rewrite them in?

Trenloe
April 28th, 2020, 23:14
1) this has been reported before, info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51311-Skills-bug

They were running an old version of the ruleset and CoreRPG. What version numbers are shown in the chat window after you load your camapign?

Galdor
April 28th, 2020, 23:54
1) this has been reported before, info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51311-Skills-bug

They were running an old version of the ruleset and CoreRPG. What version numbers are shown in the chat window after you load your camapign?
I updated the programme and now it works! Thank you.

Still unanswered the following issue:
2) when I use the table to roll dice to generate the characteristics, the results are shown in the chat log, but:
a- they are in a 3-18 scale, when I need to have them in a 15-90 scale: do I have to multiply them by 5 by myself?!
b- is there a way to transfer the results in the character sheet or do I need to rewrite them in?

Moon Wizard
July 15th, 2022, 21:24
I've forwarded your question to the community developers who built this ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

damned
July 16th, 2022, 01:02
I updated the programme and now it works! Thank you.

Still unanswered the following issue:
a- they are in a 3-18 scale, when I need to have them in a 15-90 scale: do I have to multiply them by 5 by myself?!

Hi Galdor,

Sorry for the late reply - yes that is how tables work - they will output to chat and then you multiply by 5. You can drag the info to the charsheet but if you dont multiply by 5 your investigators will not be much fun.

sedgetone
August 9th, 2022, 19:25
Hi,

two issues regarding Character creation in Call of Cthulhu 7e Ruleset:

1) when I click on "edit list" to spend the occupation and personal points on skills all the skill names disappear! Here is what I (don't) see: 34528

a- they are in a 3-18 scale, when I need to have them in a 15-90 scale: do I need to multiply them by 5 by myself?!

Hi Galdor,

Just as a FYI, my NPC Generator mod available in Forge has a table in it called NPC Attribute Roller that will do what you want for 2). Share it with you players and multiplication will be done when they roll.

Simon