PDA

View Full Version : Unity 5e - Controlling other players characters

BigBadBazz
April 28th, 2020, 16:49
For some reason when I have multiple players on a battle map the players can move other players characters

Can this be changed?

Thanks

avitale34
April 28th, 2020, 22:00
You should be able to right click their token and hit remove from party Vision and this should solve your problem :)

Zacchaeus
April 28th, 2020, 22:22
No, players can move any other players token.

bmos
April 28th, 2020, 23:20
If you can't keep your group from moving each other's tokens around, you have bigger issues!
It's strange design to allow it, but shouldn't be an issue (and could actually be beneficial) if people conduct themselves in an appropriate manner.

Kelrugem
April 29th, 2020, 01:01
If you can't keep your group from moving each other's tokens around, you have bigger issues!
It's strange design to allow it, but shouldn't be an issue (and could actually be beneficial) if people conduct themselves in an appropriate manner.

I think the code checks whether some token belongs to someone friendly and then it can be moved by all clients :) That's especially useful when players take control over an NPC :) (and sometimes some player forget to move their token into the actual room and then some other player take care of that :D Then I do not have to do that :D )

pollux
April 29th, 2020, 17:28
I suspect the feature intended to resolve this issue is locked movement, which isn't implemented in FGU yet but which is on the post-launch list. I think the reason token locking got more complex is that accidentally moved tokens now reveal map state, which wasn't true before, so they need a more comprehensive approach to token locking that allows some kind of rollback that unreveals LoS. I'm speculating a bit on this, but once token locking lands I feel like this is a much smaller deal.