PDA

View Full Version : Player cannot use character sheet

ifrit8054
April 28th, 2020, 16:04
I have a player that can work the rest of the game perfectly well and I can make her character sheet work but nothing she rolls from the sheet actually functions. She can target an enemy but it doesn’t count when she rolls. She can’t use hit die to heal correctly. It will all roll but not apply things right. But will if I do it. Any ideas why this happened? 5e. Don’t know why it isn’t showing in the tags

Trenloe
April 28th, 2020, 16:07
1) Which ruleset?
2) Does this happen all the time, or was it just for one session?

ifrit8054
April 28th, 2020, 16:09
Should have been in tags but 5e.
And it happened all last session and haven’t been able to get together and see if it’s continual yet.

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 16:21
Moved to 5E forums for better visibility. Please report back any errors that are presented and also images please.

ifrit8054
April 28th, 2020, 16:24
Not sure what to put a picture of. Everything is exactly correct and perfectly fine. There is no actual change. Just doesn’t connect sheet to game when she does things. So instead of her attack going towards her target it just acts like she never targeted. Like the sheet is no longer connected to all of the stuff that lets it interact with the system. But only when she uses it.

Shiiome
April 28th, 2020, 17:28
Was the token added to the map from the combat tracker or the from the character sheet?

ifrit8054
April 28th, 2020, 17:30
Combat tracker. Same as everyone else’s. That’s why I’m confused about it. If it was just incorrectly placed it shouldn’t let me do it either as far as I have ever seen.

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2020, 17:57
Clear Ownership and then have her clear her cache and then join and resume ownership. See if that helps.

ifrit8054
April 28th, 2020, 17:58
Did all that already.

Trenloe
April 28th, 2020, 18:02
If it happens again, get her to check the targeting cross-hairs on the top left of the modifier stack below the chat window. If this is greyed out (sometimes hard to differentiate) then targeting won't work for any rolls.

This actually resets to enabled each session. So if everything is suddenly fine next session then this could have been the cause.