PDA

View Full Version : FGU tiles from Dungeon Painter

Zoltan
April 28th, 2020, 03:41
Hey fellow nerds, I just want to share this Python script I created to help make Fantasy Grounds Unity LOS definitions from Dungeon Painter (Steam version) save files. The script creates xml file from the dps save file and if correctly done the image exported from dungeon painter will line up perfectly with wall, doors, and secret doors. It's a pretty simplistic script but functional for the things I do with it. I have only used it with Python 3.7 on Windows 10 but there should be no issues with other OSes and later versions of Python.

Readme: https://github.com/BlakeTacklind/Tile-Creator/blob/master/README.md
Script: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BlakeTacklind/Tile-Creator/master/application.py

I have included a little sample of a map I created in a few minutes.

Play on,
Zoltan

Please tell me if you find any bugs!

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2020, 06:07
Moved to the Armory to be with other community creations/tools.

This sounds great, thanks for contributing to the community!

ColinBuckler
May 3rd, 2020, 14:42
This worked great for a DPS map set at 100px by 100px.

It created the walls and doors - though the map was ever so slightly offset and some bleed effects from LOS.

This looks very, very promising.

Zoltan
May 5th, 2020, 05:25
This worked great for a DPS map set at 100px by 100px.

You can change the pixels per square with the -r option. I added it to the Readme to be more visible.

It created the walls and doors - though the map was ever so slightly offset and some bleed effects from LOS.

I noticed this too occasionally. In my experience it was in maps that include "jagged" walls. I have added a -x and -y command to shift the LOS by a certain number of pixels. I haven't figured you why this happens yet.

This looks very, very promising.

Zoltan
May 5th, 2020, 05:26
Now includes a --trees option to create terrain around tree trunks and walls around columns!

SmackDaddy
April 13th, 2021, 23:08
With recent changes to DPS to version 2 - is this usable or has the LOS portion of DPS changed?