PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players - Faerun D&D 5e

SpiffyTiffy83
April 28th, 2020, 05:47
Good Evening Everyone!

I am new to FG, but not to TTRPGs. I've been playing DnD since 1994. I've played every World of Darkness game line. Warhammer 40k. Weapons of the Gods. Exalted. Etc etc and the list goes on. I have over 8,000 hours on Roll20, but I wanted to give FG a shot. And I am still learning the Unity interface.

Year of Burning Clouds - I have it set in a current undetermined year. I was leaning to around 1493 DR or there about. It heavily involves dragons as they turn upon one another and the sky burns with draconic fire and magic. They have been hired to enter an old lair that has been abandoned for some time to find any hint of what is causing all this. Vysanth a Dragonborn that recruits them to this adventure.

I was thinking of putting this game on a Sunday.

RunningHill
April 28th, 2020, 19:41
Hi!
European player/DM here. Depending on the time I'm interested. I know timezones don't always mix that great :-/
I've got both classic and unity. Not played much unity though... Like never played but tried DMing.

Update: Sunday afternoon EST would be late evening for me. Can't make that :-/
But have fun playing!

Jesse0317
April 28th, 2020, 19:48
Hi,

I'd be interested depending on time and day. I'm in PST time, Seattle, WA.

Gingerking
April 28th, 2020, 20:35
Depending on time I would like to join. I am new to fantasy grounds so I am still getting my feet wet with the UI, but I am an experienced playing and DMing.

I am in the eastern time zone, just depends on what time we are talking.

Spacemancoco
April 28th, 2020, 21:15
I'm also interested in this, depending on when it happens. Eastern US time zone.

Damianete
April 28th, 2020, 21:27
I'm living in Barcelona (UTC+2). I'm on quarantine protocol so I can adapt to any time. I have little experience with FG but I love D&D 5e and have quite good experience on it.

Zenosyne
April 28th, 2020, 21:46
I am looking for a Sunday game if the time is right! I'm fairly new but i think I have the gist of it down

TheHuck5
April 28th, 2020, 22:07
I am down to play Sunday. I am New Hampshire if that helps

Grey Wolf Knight
April 28th, 2020, 22:43
I'll throw my hat into the ring. I'm a journeyman DM and Player when it comes to D&D. I've done lots of RPing, though, and enjoy it greatly. I live in California PST and most of Sunday is good for me. Typically I play fighters, barbarians, and paladins (though not the wangrod kind).

SpiffyTiffy83
April 28th, 2020, 22:51
Hello everyone! Sorry for the late response! It would be a Sunday afternoon game, I am in EST (Florida specifically).

More about the game:
- Starting level 5
- Stats are 4d6 drop the lowest, arrange as desired (can roll it twice and choose the better set)
- I have all the books, just not on FG (I have the Unity ultimate licence and the DnD core books) so I am open to most character concepts

Grey Wolf Knight
April 28th, 2020, 23:02
Hello everyone! Sorry for the late response! It would be a Sunday afternoon game, I am in EST (Florida specifically).

More about the game:
- Starting level 5
- Stats are 4d6 drop the lowest, arrange as desired (can roll it twice and choose the better set)
- I have all the books, just not on FG (I have the Unity ultimate licence and the DnD core books) so I am open to most character concepts

So, just to clarify, what do we need to do to be in the running for consideration?

SpiffyTiffy83
April 28th, 2020, 23:05
Well I suppose it would just be an interest. In Roll20 I'd just send you a game invite and go from there. I am still learning the nuances of FGU so I assume I need to be in the game and send you the password so you can join it.

Grey Wolf Knight
April 28th, 2020, 23:12
Well I suppose it would just be an interest. In Roll20 I'd just send you a game invite and go from there. I am still learning the nuances of FGU so I assume I need to be in the game and send you the password so you can join it.
8 potential players seems a bit cumbersome to me but I can dig it. Do you want us to post our character sheets here for review or what?

SpiffyTiffy83
April 28th, 2020, 23:27
8 does seem a bit much, I am looking for between 3 and 6 players to play. I'd prefer those who know for certain they can make the game time. As for where to post character concepts? Here would work just fine.

Jesse0317
April 28th, 2020, 23:59
When I run a game I usually PM those that showed interest and ask for their Discord ID and then proceed from there or I usually give them an invite to my Discord server. From there they can connect to FGU to create characters.

Crazy Aido
April 29th, 2020, 08:41
I'm a European as well but I'm interested, if it's Sunday I can probably manage.

italk2geese
April 29th, 2020, 11:19
I'm intrested

kcpx123
April 29th, 2020, 16:39
Good Morning,

I'd be interested. I played TTRPGs throughout the 90's and early 2000s, but fell off after my group broke up due to life happening. I'm looking to get back into TTRPG. Let me know if there is space available.

Kevin

Damianete
May 3rd, 2020, 22:45
Hey guys !! I already have a FG group for sundays afternoon. If u are playing on another day I could join you !!

Damià

mediic
May 3rd, 2020, 22:51
Hello, I'm also looking to play on Sunday, I've been playing D&D since 2nd edition but stopped playing years ago because of real life. If you are still looking for players please send me a message.

daveind
May 5th, 2020, 03:14
I would love to join you. I have been looking for a Sunday afternoon game. I am EST and would be willing to play any character. I am no FG expert but I am pretty fluent with it. Been playing since first edition.

Mikenelson28
May 5th, 2020, 04:38
I'm interested

Nice Guy Eddy
May 5th, 2020, 18:59
Good Afternoon,

I am new to FG as well but very familiar with 5E and the WoD (primarily Vampire). I would love to participate and as someone that GMs but would rather play, I believe I am a strong addition to a group for that reason (generally play lawful characters, doesn't believe there is a wrong way to have fun, doesn't dispute/slow down play, etc...). I would like to play a human former town guard that worships Tyr that would gladly take on such a quest or a rogue with many older siblings from a Merchant Guild family background that would also like to take on the quest proposed by the Dragonborn to see if there is profit potential for his family and to hopefully distinguish himself in his families eyes.

Please let me know if/when you start and Thank you for the consideration!
Nice Guy Eddy

GrimReaperVirus
May 5th, 2020, 19:40
Hi all I am a new player and would love to play in a game to experience a true RPG ,and would love a game that I can play on the weekends