PDA

View Full Version : Need help. new ability score doesn't add bonus to the ability check roll

snow1701
April 28th, 2020, 04:22
Need help. This is my first time posting so I hope that I'm in the right section and my first time making an extension. Anyways, I created an extension to the 3.5E ruleset. That adds 4 new ability scores to the character sheet. That part is working fine but when I preform an ability check from the character sheet it rolls the die and shows the ability name but doesn't add the bonus to the roll. Anyone know what file I need to edit to make it apply the bonus to the roll? so far I have copied and modified the following files

campaign/template_char.xml
campaign/template_campaign.xml
strings/strings_35e.xml
scripts/data_common.lua
scripts/manager_actor2.lua
manager_effect_35E.lua

Am I missing a file that I still need to edit? If I can get this working then all I need to do after that is modify the mini character sheet files but wanted to figure this out before moving on.

If anyone can give me an help that would be great

Thanks,

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 05:12
I dont see the manager_action_check or any of the roller scripts. I would check there as 3.5e ruleset checks for the abilities mod based on the one your rolling.

snow1701
April 28th, 2020, 05:40
I dont see the manager_action_check or any of the roller scripts. I would check there as 3.5e ruleset checks for the abilities mod based on the one your rolling.

I can't find a manager_action_check file do you know what folder it is in?

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 06:36
I was refering to one of the global script files in the scripts folder. They handle the rolls. So you would need to track down the one being used and how the ability mod is being added to the roll

superteddy57
April 28th, 2020, 16:15
I wasn't near a computer when I posted my suggestion. I checked over 3.5E and the one I was referring to was manager_action_ability.lua. Check there under Mod Roll. That is the location that adds the bonus from Ability Scores.