PDA

View Full Version : Barbarians of Lemuria error message

etherio
April 28th, 2020, 03:31
Hi, I'm posting this here at the request of customer support. When I'm editing a character, any time I enter a new arcane skill or change the rank of an arcane skill, I get the attached error message. Each time I do one of those behaviors, the message appears again, with another line added. I can delete it and carry on, and it seems to not affect performance, but I still haven't run the ruleset with players, so I can't be too sure.

I'm running updated FG with no extensions or modules.

https://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n286/etherioX/error%20message/bol.jpg (https://s115.photobucket.com/user/etherioX/media/error%20message/bol.jpg.html)

damned
April 28th, 2020, 07:41
Give your character a name first?
I cant actually read what career you are adding either?

etherio
April 28th, 2020, 13:48
I started over with a new campaign and made a new character with a name. but the same message occurred. The career I entered was "Magician." The same thing happens when I enter alternate arcane career names. I even deleted my BoL.pak file and re-downloaded it.

damned
April 28th, 2020, 14:17
I am still unable to replicate this.

Trenloe
April 28th, 2020, 14:25
I am still unable to replicate this.
Create a new PC. Drag/drop the "Magician" career to the "First" career slot on the PC sheet, or type "Magician" into the First career field - when you type the last letter the error appears.

BoL v1.1.12 ruleset, CoreRPG v3.3.10, FG Classic.

damned
April 28th, 2020, 14:39
Hmmm... Im on BoL 1.12 but CoreRPG 3.3.11

etherio could you please possibly switch to Test mode in Fantasy Grounds settings and update and tell me if the error persists?

etherio
April 28th, 2020, 16:28
Is there somewhere in the ruleset or reference module that has drag-and-droppable careers? (Thanks for chiming in)

etherio
April 28th, 2020, 16:29
Will do later in the day. 5am here, and I'm just getting to bed. My toddlers are going to be up at 730!

etherio
April 28th, 2020, 22:47
Hmmm... Im on BoL 1.12 but CoreRPG 3.3.11

etherio could you please possibly switch to Test mode in Fantasy Grounds settings and update and tell me if the error persists?

I did so, and the error is the same. BoL v1.12 and CoreRPG v3.3.11

damned
April 29th, 2020, 03:49
Hi guys,

It appears there have been changes by Moon Wizard to the ruleset that my dev copy doesnt have...
Ive just pulled a new copy from the SmiteWorks repository and can replicate the error now.
I will investigate but its likely it wont be till the weekend.

Thanks!

etherio
May 5th, 2020, 01:50
...I will investigate but its likely it wont be till the weekend.

I fired up FG just now and noticed that the ruleset had an update. I don't know if this error was addressed, but in case the info is helpful, the error persists.

damned
May 5th, 2020, 02:05
I fired up FG just now and noticed that the ruleset had an update. I don't know if this error was addressed, but in case the info is helpful, the error persists.

The fix was sent to Smiteworks over the weekend. Im not sure when they will push it. I think the update fixes (at least in Test) the errors with opening Weapons in FGU.

etherio
May 5th, 2020, 03:23
The fix was sent to Smiteworks over the weekend. Im not sure when they will push it. I think the update fixes (at least in Test) the errors with opening Weapons in FGU.
Dangit. I'm running Classic. I saw the updates downloading, but nothing has changed that I can discern.

etherio
May 6th, 2020, 12:15
...the errors with opening Weapons in FGU.

I didn't register this before. I hadn't noticed that problem yet. My problem was getting an error message any time the arcane points on the character sheet change.

etherio
May 9th, 2020, 04:10
Correction. Not when casting spells or changing the AP directly by scrolling. Only happens when an arcane career is added or removed, or when an arcane career's rank is changed.

Moon Wizard
May 9th, 2020, 04:13
It's only in the Test channel on FGC, and will be released on Tuesday with the other data updates.

Regards,
JPG

etherio
May 12th, 2020, 06:49
It's only in the Test channel on FGC, and will be released on Tuesday with the other data updates.

Regards,
JPG

I updated, and the error still persists. Based on some comments here, it seems like the problem I reported in the OP has been overlooked. Please read it and let me know if it's being addressed. To be honest, guys, I bought this module a while ago, and I'm pretty disappointed that it still hasn't been fixed. I should be able to use the product that I purchased by now. I'm frustrated, and I'm starting to feel again that I want a refund.

etherio
May 12th, 2020, 06:52
I might feel differently if communication on this issue were clear and helpful, but despite the general awesomeness of this forum, my experience hasn't been a good one with this particular product and this issue.

etherio
May 12th, 2020, 06:54
It has been about 40 days since I purchased this. Please fix it, give me a satisfying answer about its progress, or just issue a refund. I will spend the money on another ruleset.

Myrdin Potter
May 12th, 2020, 07:11
The updates usually happen on Tuesday, which is tomorrow.

etherio
May 12th, 2020, 07:27

My bad. I misunderstood something. Thank you for your response. I'm looking forward to finally using the ruleset.

etherio
May 13th, 2020, 21:53

It's Wednesday now, and it isn't working. I'm not sure if this is significant, but I didn't see any BoL items when the update was downloading. I still am not sure if my error was even addressed, based on someone's comments here about the functionality of weapons.

Would someone please let me know what is going on? I'm back to frustrated with this.

etherio
May 13th, 2020, 21:55
The fix was sent to Smiteworks over the weekend. Im not sure when they will push it. I think the update fixes (at least in Test) the errors with opening Weapons in FGU. Your comment here makes me concerned that my error isn't being addressed. In any case, it isn't fixed. I'm super sad and feeling like I picked the wrong product.

damned
May 13th, 2020, 23:09
Im not sure why both updates did not occur.
The error message you get is cosmetic - the function behind it still works.
It happens when adding the spell casting career or adding a level to that career.
This has been patched but for some reason it hasnt made it into the live system.