PDA

View Full Version : how to add a wand of cure light wounds

JFitz
April 28th, 2020, 01:28
Hello, we are playing Pathfinder (1st edition)
I am playing a sorcerer, and I have a wand of cure light wounds. How to I input this in the game?
I've seen people say to put it in the powers tab, but there isn't one in Pathfinder.
I've also seen people say to put it as a ranged weapon, but I can't make an attack heal someone.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Saqcat
April 28th, 2020, 08:47
The way I do it is to put it as a ranged weapon only for tracking its charges as ammunition.

After that I put the spell in the cantrip section of the spell tab and change its description to include that is from the wand.

Trenloe
April 28th, 2020, 09:48
Moved to the 3.5e/Pathfinder forum.

JFitz
April 28th, 2020, 11:45
It won't allow me to put the spell in my spells tab.

Phixation
April 28th, 2020, 11:47
Go to the action tab. Create a new spellcaster section. name it items. give lvl 0 spells a 1. create a new spell under lvl 0. call it wand of cure light wounds. Add a healing action. Change the healing to the correct value (in this case 1d8 die and 1 misc). Keep track of charges somewhere else.... making a ranged weapon with ammo would work perfectly. Since you already have an item section, just keep adding the items as spells here. potions, other wands, charges per day items, etc

JFitz
April 28th, 2020, 23:13
Go to the action tab. Create a new spellcaster section. name it items. give lvl 0 spells a 1. create a new spell under lvl 0. call it wand of cure light wounds. Add a healing action. Change the healing to the correct value (in this case 1d8 die and 1 misc). Keep track of charges somewhere else.... making a ranged weapon with ammo would work perfectly. Since you already have an item section, just keep adding the items as spells here. potions, other wands, charges per day items, etc

Sorry, we are new to Fantasy Grounds. I can not find anything about how to make a new spellcaster section. Do you mean add spell class? I tried that, named it tiems, put a 1 under the 0 level spells. Entered a new spell, named it cure light wounds. That's as far as I can get, there is no place to add a healing action, or to edit it in any way. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help

Kelrugem
April 28th, 2020, 23:14
Sorry, we are new to Fantasy Grounds. I can not find anything about how to make a new spellcaster section. Do you mean add spell class? I tried that, named it tiems, put a 1 under the 0 level spells. Entered a new spell, named it cure light wounds. That's as far as I can get, there is no place to add a healing action, or to edit it in any way. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help

right-click on that spell and add an action, in your case a heal button :)

JFitz
April 28th, 2020, 23:23
right-click on that spell and add an action, in your case a heal button :)

That worked! But now I can't enter the dice to roll for it. So close...

Phixation
April 28th, 2020, 23:24
pick up the dice off the bar and add it in :)

JFitz
April 28th, 2020, 23:29
Got it all figured out!
Thanks everyone for your help!

Phixation
April 28th, 2020, 23:35
most things are going to be like this... either clicking on the magnifying glass or right clicking to add things.... just gotta play around and see how things go and whats where

JFitz
April 29th, 2020, 00:10
So far we have been able to figure out most things, this was the first one we just couldn't get. Thanks again