PDA

View Full Version : "cannot connect to the host, check your network settings and verify the host address"

Outerheavenman
April 27th, 2020, 13:00
i am having an issue using fantasy grounds, when i try to connect to my DM's server it says " cannot connect to the host, check your network settings and verify the host address.
i've been using it all week so i find this very odd. If anyone has this issue solved can you give me a hand?

Bonkon
April 27th, 2020, 17:43
Good Day and Welcome Outerheavanman :)
Sorry you are having problems connecting.
Some quick questions before experts pop in here :)
Which version of FG? Classic or Unity?
Can your DM have other people connect?
If classic does the DM get a Success on the test connection to server?
If classic are you trying to connect via Alias or typing in the DM's External IP address?
Others will be here soon I am sure to assist :)

Trenloe
April 27th, 2020, 18:04
One important question - is the GM definitely running their FG GM instance with the campaign loaded? If you’ve been using it all week, did they leave FG running and maybe they’ve closed it or their computer has gone to sleep, rebooted, etc..

Bonkon
April 27th, 2020, 21:27
One imports question - is the GM definitely running their FG GM instance with the campaign loaded? If you’ve been using it all week, did they leave FG running and maybe they’ve closed it or their computer has gone to sleep, rebooted, etc..

Good Dat Trenloe :)
LOL, I misread the part about the OP using it all week and thought it said they had been trying for a week!! :)

Outerheavenman
April 28th, 2020, 08:57
hi Bonkon, i have resolved the issue, it was the DMS IP address that was the issue i thank you for replying to my post Bonkon :)

Outerheavenman
April 28th, 2020, 08:58
Yeah the DM's IP address was completely wrong so i was pinging to a different server apparantly i loaded it up again to play our game and it worked perfectly.