PDA

View Full Version : Can you add your own maps to Unity?

Bogerdan
April 27th, 2020, 07:35
So my group has moved to online due to Covid-19. We are playing the Emerald Spire superdungeon for pathfinder which i cant find for sell on FG. i have the maps on my computer and want to add them to FG Unity so we can continue to play are sessions. is this possible and if so can someone direct me to info on how to do it. Thanks

Trenloe
April 27th, 2020, 09:02
Welcome to the FG Forums.

There’s a lot of good info in the Wiki. Start here for images: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/950633/Working+with+Images+as+the+GM

Bogerdan
April 27th, 2020, 10:22
Thank you for the info. will try it out once i get home from work.

Aiddar
April 27th, 2020, 12:49
FWIW I have recently done this - what seems a bit of a faff at first, soon becomes second nature - add it as an image using the "folder" option from assets/images, look under "campaign" option within assets/images and then drag it to images and maps menu. Once there, you will probably need to set a grid, so (what I do) is zoom right in, select the "grid" option within the images menu and then use the mouse to option to set the grid.

One thing for me - the next issue I had after the above, was that I had too many maps classed as "unclassified", so I learned how to make a new classification (edit button within the menu, over-type the default "group 1" and make sure that that is selected before dragging the map onto the images and maps menu).

Good luck - and so far, a) I am finding the tool set really useful (some hiccups on connection though ;-) ) and b) the people on the boards have been very very helpful

Kelrugem
April 27th, 2020, 17:50
FWIW I have recently done this - what seems a bit of a faff at first, soon becomes second nature - add it as an image using the "folder" option from assets/images, look under "campaign" option within assets/images and then drag it to images and maps menu. Once there, you will probably need to set a grid, so (what I do) is zoom right in, select the "grid" option within the images menu and then use the mouse to option to set the grid.

There are also now import buttons for images at the top of the images list in the sidebar :) So, this procedure now might become more intuitive hopefully

Bogerdan
April 30th, 2020, 07:42
Again Thank You for the Info. My Friends the one running the game but he isnt the best when it comes to Tech. Unfortunately this is the first time i have ever used FG so i am trying to learn the ropes so i can Walk him through what to do if issues come up. Again Thank you both for the info