PDA

View Full Version : Cyberpunk Red (not 2020)

WildKnight
April 27th, 2020, 00:57
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/632/view

Cyberpunk RED by seansps

Samzagas
April 27th, 2020, 01:56
I'm not sure how different 2020 and Red are, but you can try and use the Cyberpunk 2020 extension that already exists and manually track or change the things that are not equal or you could simply use the MoreCore ruleset.
Here's a link to the Cyberpunk 2020 extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46312-Cyberpunk-2020-MoreCore-Extension&highlight=cyberpunk
And another the MoreCore ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&highlight=cyberpunk

WildKnight
April 27th, 2020, 02:28
I'm not sure how different 2020 and Red are, but you can try and use the Cyberpunk 2020 extension that already exists and manually track or change the things that are not equal or you could simply use the MoreCore ruleset.
Here's a link to the Cyberpunk 2020 extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46312-Cyberpunk-2020-MoreCore-Extension&highlight=cyberpunk
And another the MoreCore ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&highlight=cyberpunk

They've changed up quite a bit it seems, but this may be a good start. In any case thank you!

damned
November 30th, 2020, 14:00
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64095-Ruleset-Wizard-and-Cyberpunk-RED-ruleset-creation-tutorial

daddystabz
December 1st, 2020, 22:46
Does anyone know if an official or unofficial extension for Cyberpunk RED is being worked on by anyone now that the full game has been out for a couple of weeks?

mbielaczyc
December 2nd, 2020, 16:37
Following, I am totally interested in this. I wonder if someone should reach out to R. Talsorian Games to see if they are working on anything official.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2020, 16:45
Does anyone know if an official or unofficial extension for Cyberpunk RED is being worked on by anyone now that the full game has been out for a couple of weeks?

Following, I am totally interested in this. I wonder if someone should reach out to R. Talsorian Games to see if they are working on anything official.

Moderator: Moved both of these posts to this thread so that we can keep the questions about this together. A quick "site search" for "cyber punk red" should have found this thread...

See the link in post #4 above from @damned.

WildKnight
December 5th, 2020, 02:57
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64095-Ruleset-Wizard-and-Cyberpunk-RED-ruleset-creation-tutorial

Awesome, thank you. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet but I'm looking forward to it.

seansps
March 23rd, 2022, 22:26
Sorry to necro an old thread, but, I am currently working on a Cyberpunk RED ruleset using the Ruleset Wizard (thanks to tutorials by damned!)

I don't know if anyone has already hacked anything together, but I just started this a couple weeks or so ago now, and am making good progress. Here's a current screenshot showing the WIP for character sheets and items.

What it does currently:
- Basic character sheet as shown, can roll on Abilities, has all Skills, can roll on skills.
- Stats auto set the corresponding skills when changed. (HP, Wounded Threshold, Init, Move, Humanity, Current Humanity adjusts current emp, etc.)
- Rolling on either does the exploding on 1's and 10's per the rules.
- Items can have a set type and subtype --- the type determines the templates as shown. (Currently working on adding the Autofire values as well, so that if that is typed in the "Alt Fire Modes" value it appears).
- The character sheet can "equip" armor, but only in the designated slot (based on Subtype, Head or Body, or Type: Shield. Doing so auto-sets penalties on MOV/REF/DEX and those apply to the skills tab.)

Planned, not yet Implemented (I still have a lot of work to do!):
- The "Program" and "Cyberware" item types (and "Vehicles" probably, too)
- Inventory tab on the character sheet to see all inventory and equip/unequip gear
- Show equipped weapons on the main tab (and allow rolling on them)
- Ability to enter Role data (and code in the features gained by each rank)
- Cyberware tab to show/equip cyberware and set any bonses to stats/skills appropriately
- Abilities tab to list additional abilities besides basic attacks (like Brawling, and Martial Arts, I might put Netrunning actions here too)
- Notes tab on Char sheet to enter life path data, appearance, details, etc.
- NPC blocks (for basic NPCs / TT / Black Ice)
- Combat Tracker:
-- I am planning to automate combat so that you just click a button, it checks the range of your target, and uses the appropriate DV of the Item to calculate HITS (or use the enemy's evasion if 8 or greater.)
-- I also want to automate ablation of NPCs/PCs armor on hit
-- Planning to implement auto rolling of critical hits as well, and then rolling on a Injuries Table
-- Injuries will likely be implemented as effects to automate the penalties involved
- Party Sheet
- Other graphics/frames I've forgot to mention above

RexUniversalis
March 24th, 2022, 15:54
Sorry to necro an old thread, but, I am currently working on a Cyberpunk RED ruleset using the Ruleset Wizard (thanks to tutorials by damned!)

I don't know if anyone has already hacked anything together, but I just started this a couple weeks or so ago now, and am making good progress. Here's a current screenshot showing the WIP for character sheets and items.

What it does currently:
- Basic character sheet as shown, can roll on Abilities, has all Skills, can roll on skills.
- Stats auto set the corresponding skills when changed. (HP, Wounded Threshold, Init, Move, Humanity, Current Humanity adjusts current emp, etc.)
- Rolling on either does the exploding on 1's and 10's per the rules.
- Items can have a set type and subtype --- the type determines the templates as shown. (Currently working on adding the Autofire values as well, so that if that is typed in the "Alt Fire Modes" value it appears).
- The character sheet can "equip" armor, but only in the designated slot (based on Subtype, Head or Body, or Type: Shield. Doing so auto-sets penalties on MOV/REF/DEX and those apply to the skills tab.)

Planned, not yet Implemented (I still have a lot of work to do!):
- The "Program" and "Cyberware" item types (and "Vehicles" probably, too)
- Inventory tab on the character sheet to see all inventory and equip/unequip gear
- Show equipped weapons on the main tab (and allow rolling on them)
- Ability to enter Role data (and code in the features gained by each rank)
- Cyberware tab to show/equip cyberware and set any bonses to stats/skills appropriately
- Abilities tab to list additional abilities besides basic attacks (like Brawling, and Martial Arts, I might put Netrunning actions here too)
- Notes tab on Char sheet to enter life path data, appearance, details, etc.
- NPC blocks (for basic NPCs / TT / Black Ice)
- Combat Tracker:
-- I am planning to automate combat so that you just click a button, it checks the range of your target, and uses the appropriate DV of the Item to calculate HITS (or use the enemy's evasion if 8 or greater.)
-- I also want to automate ablation of NPCs/PCs armor on hit
-- Planning to implement auto rolling of critical hits as well, and then rolling on a Injuries Table
-- Injuries will likely be implemented as effects to automate the penalties involved
- Party Sheet
- Other graphics/frames I've forgot to mention above

If you're willing to collaborate and share I'm willing to help out with any of the rote data entry or whatever you need to get this moving forward faster.

seansps
March 24th, 2022, 16:24
If you're willing to collaborate and share I'm willing to help out with any of the rote data entry or whatever you need to get this moving forward faster.

That would be amazing! Would love to collaborate however possible.

I’m currently working on the cyberware tab of the character sheet, as well as the item window for it.

After this I plan to create a Inventory tab with the ability to also equip weapons/amor/cyberware there. (And show the weapons on the main tab.)

Then I plan to move on to the NPC records, get those built in a way that I can parse all the automation data needed for combat, and start coding the combat automation.

If you have a license to Ruleset Wizard, and the skill set there for the Lua coding and all needed, we might be able to divvy up some tasks— but “source control” isn’t really easily done to my knowledge with this tool- so merging the work will be a copy-pasta-extravaganza (thusly error prone.)

However once I get the Item, NPC, and Role records all implemented - would definitely be great to get help with the creation of a module with whatever data we’re allowed to include here.

seansps
March 25th, 2022, 04:23
Just an update, this is how I am implementing cyberware. (See screenshot):

I still need to add the other categories, but, this is quite a complicated (though I hope useful!) solution. What it does:

Has a foundational piece for each category
Can only slot foundational pieces in the appropriate slot (if marked foundational, and has the right Type and Subtype)
Can only slot cyberware in the list if there is a foundational piece and enough slots left
Also checks that the pieces are the right subtype for each category
Automatically rolls HL loss (not you should take the parenthetical if at character creation)
Automatically parses the "bonuses" section and adds this bonus to the character. Curently supports INIT (for initiative), and all skills (by full skill name). Will be adding support for Armor SP as well.
Allows for removal of pieces, which then removes the bonus that was added for it as well

I hope people like the direction I've gone in! I think it will make it easier to keep track of and run.

damned
March 25th, 2022, 08:47
looking great seansps

seansps
March 25th, 2022, 12:32
looking great seansps

Thank you! I’ll keep trucking along!

seansps
April 6th, 2022, 17:56
Hi all, wanted to provide a little update on my RED ruleset dev progress.

I've just about wrapped up the implementation of NPCs. (See the screenshot below.)

Essentially, you can choose different types. The default "Mook" type is shown here with all the stats as rollable fields. The Death Save field is rollable and auto-applies a penalty to death saves and a Death effect (if failed) on each roll. Weapons/attacks are handled by creating an entry there or dragging an applicable Weapon item type. (Since ranged weapons have the DV table for each range.) The skills are all rollable by mousing over each one (if you are familiar with 5e in FG, it's similar.) ALSO, if you have > 8 on a REF for a Mook, it shows a "Dodge" button (which defaults to the Evasion skill base if set below). The Dodge button applies a "Dodge:DV" effect to set the the DV to hit the NPC.

Programs/Black ICE/ and even Demons are all NPC types. See the screenshot for examples. Programs and Black Ice have rollable fields for their stats. Programs/Demons have an "Interface" field (for a Program, this will be the Netrunner's interface). If the "effect" of the program has a value like "1d6 damage direct" or "2d6 REZ" then those become rollable for Damage. "REZ" and "Direct" are damage types that ignore the critical injury feature. For loading a Program on a Cyberdeck, I plan on implementing the Cyberdeck on the actions tab (similar to my Cyberware implementation.) It will allow slotting items of Type "Cyberware" and Subtype "Cyberdeck Hardware/Software" with the intent that the GM can link the NPC in the details of the Software for placing on the combat tracker during netrunning.

Next up, I will begin the actual combat automation and updates to the combat tracker. Combat automation will involve looking at the range of the targeted token, and if found, looking up the DV of the Range Table for the Ranged Weapon. (OR using the DV of the Dodge value of the NPC if they have the DODGE:DV effect.) And similarly, for Melee Weapons, the plan is to automate the Evasion roll and compare that with the attacker's roll for hits. I also plan for a configurable option for Head/Body critical injury tables, which will be rolled on critical damage (two 6's) and using effects such as "AIM:HEAD" to determine if we're hitting the head. And of course, damage will ablate armor as applicable. Additional effects such as IGNORESP:11 will be implemented to ignore SP of a certain value, etc.

Lots to do, but it's coming along! When it's all done, I plan on writing up some documentation or maybe doing a video to go over all the features.

seansps
April 12th, 2022, 22:20
Got an update on progress. Combat automation is nearly complete. (I still need to code up a few things effect-related and ensure I test it all.)

Here's a preview in screenshots.

First you can see our character is targeting the NPC below them in initiative order.

Next, you can see they attacked with their simple Brawling attack. (No actual "item" exists for it, as they do for the other weapons, but the system automatically knows to apply the right amount of damage per the body stat, and if they are using a cyberarm or not.)
It was a hit, as you can see the NPC automatically rolled Evasion, and it was not enough to dodge the attack!

Finally, our PC rolls for damage. As mentioned before, it is automatically determined by body. The damage type is not set for this, so that means it is default damage that will ablate armor. [Other damage types that can be set are: fire, explosive, poison, drug, direct (used by programs, doesn't ablate), rez (used only by programs can only affect programs), ignorespX (ignores SP beneath that value in X), halfsp (used by martial arts automatically, ignores half/roundup of the enemy sp)]

You can see the target's armor (body) is ablated. The rest that made it past the armor, goes to the HP. The roll text displays what happened, but not the amount that got past (as that is known only the DM.) The client window in this case will show "Lightly Wounded" as their HP (and not the value.) As they get Seriously Wounded, it is updated. And then Mortally Wounded as well. For programs, the Client CT shows "Rezzed" or "Derezzed".

There are many other features that are done already, too. In the screenshots above, note the "HEAD", "LEG", "ITEM" buttons. Clicking those let's you target those specifically. An effect is applied during combat that carries over to your damage if you hit. Heads do extra damage (x2, or x3 if they have "Cracked Skull" as an effect.) The other targeting buttons will apply effects pertinent to their outcome, but in each case, a -8 modifier is applied to the attack roll.

In the case where the PC attacks with a ranged weapon, if the PC is targeting a token on a map and if the item they are using to attack with has all the To Hit DV entered in the item window, it will automatically determine if they hit or missed based on the range. For NPC's with REF >= 8, the GM can hit a "Dodge" button before hand on the NPC stat block sheet to roll for Evasion and apply a "DODGE:DV" affect. This will then be used INSTEAD of the ranged to hit values. (And yes, the "Ammo" button as shown on the character sheet does reload the weapon using "Basic" ammunition of the proper type, if they have any in their inventory. It updates the totals appropriately, or outputs a message if they don't have enough. And the ammo counter goes down by 1 for normal shots, 10 for Autofire!)

----

Next up, I will code in the automatic application of critical injuries per those tables, and then move on to adding the ability to enter the Roles (Classes), and track the Role Ranks and abilities on the character sheet properly.

seansps
April 18th, 2022, 02:42
Hi Everyone:

I've made a fully functional (albeit Beta-version) Cyberpunk RED ruleset.

V1.0 Now on the Forge!:

Caveats:
- Unity support only!
- This is a very much a beta version. There might be warnings/errors.
- I've left a lot of DEBUG statements in.
- Due to Copyright Concerns, the Module does not contain exact Items/NPCs/or verbiage for the two Role examples included. (If I get permission to include more, I will!)
- Two examples of Roles are included to help you get started entering the others

General Features:
- Click and Drag Roles (from Roles List) to the Character Sheet to Add 1 Rank - This adds all Role Abilities under "Abilities" and the features for that Rank there too. You'll do this four times for the starting Role, since they start at 4.
- Click and Drag another Role if you want to Multiclass
- Roles can be removed from the Roles Window (link on the Character Sheet)
- Character Sheets have all Skills (rollable, with ability to set Level and Misc bonuses) as well as rollable stats
- Death Saves are automatically rolled when Mortally Wounded (this can be turned off in the options) or rolled manually on the Character's Sheet
- Inventory list with Cash / Fashion text area / and Encumbrance (Cash only allows "eb")
- Weapons can be Equipped/Unequipped from the Inventory list (or click and dragged to the Attack area on the char sheet)
- Equipping Weapons shows them on the first tab to roll attacks
- Equipping a weapon with certian Special's (Autofire, Suppressive Fire, or Shell) adds those as attacks to the attack list -- each is automated per the combat features below
- Ranged weapons have an Ammo field and Reload button in the Attack list -- Reload looks in the Inventory for items of type "Ammunition" with "Basic" in the name and a Subtype that matches the "Magazine Type" of the weapon being used to attack. It loads to the "Magazine Capacity" and deducts from Inventory.
- Equipping Armor is done from inventory or dragging to Armor slot in the first tab adds to inventory
- Equipping Armor sets the SP which is used during combat (more below) (Valid subtypes are Head, Body, and Shield. These must be set to equip.)
- Items have a drop down for Type which changes some fields. Ranged Weapons can select an associated skill (used in combat) and if Special has "Autofire (X)" in it, the ability to enter the Autofire DV table appears. Used in Combat.
- Shields use the SP value as HP which combat treats as COVER (Same as the effect.)
- Cyberware tab has slots for Foundational Cyberware (requires items of type Cyberware / and the Subtype for that slot, that are marked Foundational
- The Foundational Cyberware sets amount of slots
- Non-foundational Cyberware can be slotted in the right area. Bonus are applied when slotted. Bonuses are formatted as such (replace X with a number): SKILL:X, INIT:X, SP:X
- The Cyberware with SP is used during combat
- The Actions tab has a section for the Cyberdeck (Expects items of type Cyberware, subtype Cyberdeck)
- The Actions tab can also be used to add "Abilities" (see module for examples - should have Solo and Netrunner abilities.)
- The lifepath tab has a rollable Reputation field for Facedowns
- Right click and click Rest on a character to "Rest" them. They heal if they do not have a "Lightly Wounded", "Seriously Wounded", or "Mortally Wounded" effect. If so, they need the "Stabilized" effect. They heal an amount = to the their body.
- Module includes a decal

Combat Features:
- Abilities can be implemented and added on the Abilities Tab (the module has some examples). Abilities can have Damage, an Effect (more below), or list a rollable Skill or primary Role Ability which makes it rollable (and you can set a DV)
- Combat is fully automated:
- Dodging is automatically rolled for all MELEE attacks. If the effect "DODGE:X" is applied already, X is used as the DV
- For Ranged combat, Dodging is not autorolled, but NPCs with >= 8 REF have a DODGE button on their stat block that applies the DODGE effect and then the shot uses this instead of the ranged DV table
- If tokens are placed on the map and the targets are set right, then the Range between the Attacker and the Defender is used for the lookup of the DV for the ranged weapons. Ranged weapons use their item's DV table (or Autofire DV if that was set.)
- Additionally, if Autofire HITS the multiplier to damage is applied for the next damage roll (effect is: DMGMULT:X). Not to exceed the value in parentheses for autofire.
- Suppressive fire triggers a Concentration roll on the NPCs target and displays the result (no damage button on the PC's character sheet as N/A)
- Autofire and Suppressive fire Deduct 10 bullets from the Ammo field
- Shotgun "Shell" attack always uses DV 13 or says IMPOSSIBLE SHOT if the ranged was too far
- If there was no range (tokens no set on map) the "HIT/MISS" icons will not show up, but just the result
- If the Module above is loaded, Critically Injuries are automatically rolled for 2 6's or if a target with the "Mortally Wounded" status is hit. A roll of 2 6's also adds 5 bonus damage (which ignores armor.)
- Armor is automatically ablated for the right damage types that allow it, if damage gets through
- Cover is done with the COVER:X affect -- It is automatically updated if it gets damaged and removed if destroyed. If the damage was "explosive" type, then the full damage gets through, else it is blocked.
- You can add a manual attack to the ATTACK list on Characters or NPCs. You can set the skill. Brawling / Martial Arts automatically does damage based on Body or if a Cyberarm is equipped in the Cyberware tab. Martial arts ignores half SF. (Damage type: halfsp).
- Programs can be added to the Combat Tracker. They use the "Effect" section for their damage dealing effects. Damage is click-and-draggable. If the format is "1d6 REZ" for example, it does REZ damage which can only hurt other programs. "1d6 damage direct" does DIRECT damage which ignores SP and only hurts non-programs.
- Aiming can be done with effects, "AIM:HEAD", "AIM:ARM", "AIM:LEG" or simply clicking the buttons near the dice tray. They reduce your attack by 8, and apply the relevant effects on hit. Aiming at the head causes the damage to check against the targets HEAD SP and does double (or triple if they have a Cracked Skull) damage.
- There's also handy buttons for -1,-2,-4,+1,+2,+4 which can apply to any attack, damage roll, or skill roll.
- There are various NPC types -- the default is Mook / Grunt. "Team Member" is much like this except it has loyalty, which is rollable per the Exec's Team Member rules.
- Adding items to NPC's for attacks is dong by dragging an Item there, or adding one manually. It's better to use a pre-existing one for ranged weapons due to the DV to Hit Tables
- The Combat Tracker shows Armor for NPCs and PCs, and Defense values for Programs. The attacks in the Combat Tracker or only shown for NPCs. Programs show the relevant "Effect" section and either Interface (for Demons) or ATK.
- NPC types that are Programs (netrunning) are slightly different. They have an "Effect" field that has highlightable damage text mentioned before.
- Mook and Team Member NPCs have a "Skill Bases" section. Enter it like you see in the PDF. Then, you can click and drag, or double click, on skill bases to roll the skills

Effects:
- These effects are used by the system per the above. Replace X with a number.
- Seriously Wounded and Mortally Wounded apply their penalties automatically.

ABLATE:X
AIM:ARM
AIM:HEAD
AIM:LEG
ATK:X
Cracked Skull
DEFLECT:X
DMG:X
DMGMULT:X
DODGE:X
Fumble Recovery
Grappled; -2 to All Actions
Grappling; -2 to All Actions
INIT:X
Mortally Wounded
SAVE:X
Seriously Wounded
SKILL:SKILLNAME X
Stabilized
-X to All Actions
Death Save Penalty is increased by 1.
COVER:X

- ABLATE:X ablates armor by X if it gets through (for armor piercing rounds)
- INIT adds the value to initiative
- SAVE adds the value to their Death Saves it is automatically added on the CT when saves are rolled
- DMG increases damage by that amount, before armorr
- DMGMULT multiples, before armor
- DEFLECT is used for Solo's Damage Deflection (ability included in module)

Damage Types

Not specified - Generic damage, per usual
Direct - Done by programs to Netrunners, ignores all Armor and does not ablate (can use for abilities like “Choke” too!)
REZ - Only affects programs
Poison, Fire, or Drug - Ignores SP
IGNORESPX - Ignores SP less than X (Example, 3d6 IGNORESP11 will do 3d6 damage and ignore SP less than 11, otherwise check as usual. Damage ablates armor that gets through.)
Explosive - If cover destroyed, full damage gets through, otherwise, stopped like usual
HALFSP - Used by Martial Arts, ignores Half the target's SP rounded up, can also set this on Melee Weapons
NOCRIT - damage that does not trigger a critical injury if 2 6's come up

Screenshots

Please let me know of any bugs or questions and I'll try to address as soon as I can!

Planned Features, not yet implemented:
- Better Netrunning Combat Automation (similar to how Melee combat is done now)
- Better blocks for Vehicles (using the default CoreRPG ones now)
- Buttons to generate characters

Known Issues:
- Clicking and dragging an NPC in the Combat Tracker to "copy" them errors. (Adding a copy of the NPC must be done from the NPCs list for now.).

seansps
April 18th, 2022, 02:44
More Screenshots:

seansps
April 18th, 2022, 02:45
3 More Screenshots:

TrentLane
April 18th, 2022, 09:12
Awesome thanks for your hard work! Can't wait to give it a try with my group.

seansps
April 18th, 2022, 13:04
Awesome thanks for your hard work! Can't wait to give it a try with my group.

No problem! I forgot to mention too- I am only testing with Fantasy Grounds Unity— this very likely does not work on Classic!

seansps
April 18th, 2022, 15:10
Also - I just updated the .pak and .mod on the post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685). I fixed a couple graphical issues with the ruleset and added an example SMG for Autofire. Also fixed the example Abilities on the Netrunner example.

seansps
April 19th, 2022, 02:08
Just uploaded a quick v0.2. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685). Hopefully I can post an official v1 to Forge sooner-than-later so I don't have to keep updating this thread!

Notes:
- Fixed the previously found graphical issues w/ the Items
- Rearranged the DVs of Ranged Weapon shots of items so you no longer have to expand the window
- Addressed issue for "Special" modes where Autofire DVs would not appear right away after typing something like: "Autofire (3)"
- Fixed a minor typo in the module where the Example Neuralware didn't have the Slots Used value set right
- Fixed graphical issues with Skills first row getting cut off when the window expanded
- Charsheet label for the "Name" now changed to "HANDLE"
- Also fixed an issue where initial Add of a Melee weapon to Attacks didn't hide the Ranged weapon fields/buttons

Known Issues Currently Looking Into:
- Sometimes the first drag of an item onto Armor or Weapons does not auto equip it (You can get around this by clicking the checkbox in the inventory to equip it.)
- Clicking and dragging an NPC in the Combat Tracker to "copy" them errors. (Adding a copy of the NPC must be done from the NPCs list for now.).
- Sometimes when adding a "Mook / Grunt" NPC to the CT (immediately after load) it shows DEF as if they were a program instead of a regular NPC. (Remove and re-add and it should be normal.)

TrentLane
April 19th, 2022, 11:24
I've been testing last night a little bit with my group, worked really nicely!
One thing I realized is there's no proper damage type for the brawling bonus actions; choke for example. Since that ignores all armor, but doesn't ablate it.
Or it is there and I just missed it :D

seansps
April 19th, 2022, 13:06
I've been testing last night a little bit with my group, worked really nicely!
One thing I realized is there's no proper damage type for the brawling bonus actions; choke for example. Since that ignores all armor, but doesn't ablate it.
Or it is there and I just missed it :D

Awesome thanks so much for testing! There is a type you can use for that actually! “DIRECT”
Technically that’s for programs to deal to Netrunners, but I believe it’ll work in this case too- it should just do direct damage and no armor ablation. If not- I’ll fix it!

You could implement it as an Ability. See the examples in the module there!

Edit: It does work! Here's how I would do it:

TrentLane
April 19th, 2022, 15:54
Awesome thanks so much for testing! There is a type you can use for that actually! “DIRECT”
Technically that’s for programs to deal to Netrunners, but I believe it’ll work in this case too- it should just do direct damage and no armor ablation. If not- I’ll fix it!

You could implement it as an Ability. See the examples in the module there!

Edit: It does work! Here's how I would do it:

Thank you! As soon as I've input a bit more stuff to run a one-shot I'll give it all a proper test

seansps
April 20th, 2022, 14:56
Thank you! As soon as I've input a bit more stuff to run a one-shot I'll give it all a proper test

Awesome! I hope it works well! I’m currently wrangling my regular 5E group into helping me test as well :D

seansps
April 23rd, 2022, 00:49
Uploaded a v0.3 that just has one fix:
- Fixed an issue that occurred when a PC tried to target another PC with a melee attack and Automatic Evasion Rolls for PCs was turned on.

I have a bunch of enhancements planned for a later release for netrunning and a few other little things, just gotta get to it!

Edit (forgot these):
It also added:

- "Electricity" damage type which is reduced by armor but does not ablate it, and
- Fixed Direct damage type to ignore COVER effect

TrentLane
April 23rd, 2022, 18:22
Small bug I found, when entering just a number+DIRECT, no dice, into the DMG field it seems to ignore the modifier. Realised this after reading the rules properly, since Choke does just the Body score as dmg, and doesn't involve any roles. Seems to be happening with with other modifiers like HALFSP too.

seansps
April 23rd, 2022, 18:57
Small bug I found, when entering just a number+DIRECT, no dice, into the DMG field it seems to ignore the modifier. Realised this after reading the rules properly, since Choke does just the Body score as dmg, and doesn't involve any roles. Seems to be happening with with other modifiers like HALFSP too.

Oh good call! Thanks for finding it, I’ll come up with a fix for this!

seansps
April 23rd, 2022, 19:53

Okay, try the latest upload!

Just uploaded a hotfix to address damage without any Die rolls. It was ignored it previously. Now it should use the value and the type given.

TrentLane
April 23rd, 2022, 20:01
Okay, try the latest upload!

Just uploaded a hotfix to address damage without any Die rolls. It was ignored it previously. Now it should use the value and the type given.

Awesome, thank you, works just fine now :)

seansps
April 23rd, 2022, 22:14
Awesome, thank you, works just fine now :)

Perfect! No prob! I hope to keep improving and adding features :)

seansps
April 25th, 2022, 03:43
Just uploaded a quick v0.4 on the post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685) that also gives the Program-type NPC's "Effect" field the same fix for damage/damage types!

Next weekend I will try to dig in to some of the other minor known issues and maybe add some more features.

redba
April 25th, 2022, 07:29
And by the way @seansps thank you for all your effort and beautiful work!!!

seansps
April 25th, 2022, 07:36
And by the way @seansps thank you for all your effort and beautiful work!!!

No problem!! Thanks! :D I’ve had a lot of fun with writing up this ruleset and have a newfound appreciation for the power FG provides :)

TrentLane
April 25th, 2022, 09:31
No idea if this is a bug, or I'm making a mistake somewhere. I'm trying to set up some Cyberware for my players, but I can't get the Bonuses to work.

seansps
April 25th, 2022, 09:57
Thanks for raising! I’ll take a look again at the code there next as soon as I’m able. My guess is that there is a bug when parsing the skill names.

It should be automatically adding the value there to the “Misc” bonus box for that given skill. If it’s not doing that automatically you can do it manually as a workaround - but I’ll take a look!

TrentLane
April 25th, 2022, 10:21
Thanks for raising! I’ll take a look again at the code there next as soon as I’m able. My guess is that there is a bug when parsing the skill names.

It should be automatically adding the value there to the “Misc” bonus box for that given skill. If it’s not doing that automatically you can do it manually as a workaround - but I’ll take a look!

I'll do it manually for now, no problem. Thank you for all the work you're putting into this!

seansps
April 25th, 2022, 10:25
I'll do it manually for now, no problem. Thank you for all the work you're putting into this!

No problem! I also just thought too— the bonuses are only applied if they were on the item prior to being equipped. (Not if changed after!) So that might be what happened here too. But the format you have is right. I’ll
play around with it later today too.

There’s also an Effect that works for this. (Or should.) That uses a different format (SKILL:SKILLNAME X) (Ex: SKILL:Human Perception 2)

But for Cyberware, which is more semi-permanent than fleeting like an effect, the Misc bonus box is probably better!

TrentLane
April 25th, 2022, 10:57
No problem! I also just thought too— the bonuses are only applied if they were on the item prior to being equipped. (Not if changed after!) So that might be what happened here too. But the format you have is right. I’ll
play around with it later today too.

There’s also an Effect that works for this. (Or should.) That uses a different format (SKILL:SKILLNAME X) (Ex: SKILL:Human Perception 2)

But for Cyberware, which is more semi-permanent than fleeting like an effect, the Misc bonus box is probably better!

Effect works perfectly. I'll be running a one-shot tomorrow, so I'm sure my players will have some suggestions after :D

seansps
April 25th, 2022, 11:01
Effect works perfectly. I'll be running a one-shot tomorrow, so I'm sure my players will have some suggestions after :D

Awesome!! Looking forward to more feedback!

seansps
April 25th, 2022, 23:55

I just put out a v0.6 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685) that should address all the issues with Skill parsing. In fact, the "Skill Bases" section of NPCs had that same issue, so that's fixed.

Now, Cyberware should also be able to add all the bonuses "under misc" for skills in the format SKILLNAME: VALUE. (Comma separated.) Also, note that for skills like "Pilot Air Vehicle", leave out the "(x2)" in these bonuses.

Also fixed a bug that can occur when unequipping Cyberware that was deleted from the inventory. (If you do this, make sure you also remove the bonuses manually. Proper method is to unequip first, then delete from inventory!)

Edit: Also updated to fix issue where NPC's with Skill Bases for skills that had () like "Local Expert (Your Home)" was ignoring the name in the roll.

seansps
April 28th, 2022, 15:13
Hi everyone,

I just put out a v0.7 on the post. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685)

Change Log:

Complete refactor of all contested rolls:
Evasion (for Melee attacks, if auto roll is enabled) and Concentration rolls (for Suppressive fire) now roll with the proper identity
What this means is that if the enemy NPC is rolling Dodge, the DM rolls it (and the result of his dodge is hidden or revealed depending on the Show GM Rolls option)
Likewise, if a PC is rolling dodge, it is shown to all and the PC's die are used (their colors)
If no target was set, and you roll a critical injury, it will now show the result
If the NPC has a "Suppressive Fire" attack (such as: SMG - Suppressive Fire) it will deduct ammo from the matching "SMG" entry, and hide ammo/damage for the Suppressive Fire entry (this also makes targets roll Concentration.)

Prior to this, the attacker was handling all the rolls, so die color never changed. This is fixed now, and the hide GM Rolls setting should be taken into account properly (so you'll either see/won't see the NPC Evasion rolls or attack roll results.)

Finally please NOTE:

I have noticed that there is currently a Fantasy Grounds bug with D10 rolls. Everytime the GM rolls a D10, no shadow appears for players. This is not a bug with this ruleset, it's all of Fantasy Grounds and the devs are working on the fix. Sorry for any confusion!

Please let me know if there are any issues. This was a big refactor, so if there's a bug I will try to fix promptly! Things seem good in my local testing.

seansps
April 29th, 2022, 03:40
Just put out a quick v0.8 that adds some quick fixes: (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685)

Fixed the "Roll Under" Role Abilities (meant to be used for the Lawman's "Backup" ability) to actually be Roll Under or Equal (and not just Roll Under)
Combat numbers for NPCs are now used (if set) for Evasion/Concentration rolls (Unless overridden by a Skill Base)
Melee weapons default to "Melee Weapon" skill when equipped and deal HALFSP damage by default (as do attacks with the Martial Arts skill -- Brawling does not, per the rules)

seansps
April 29th, 2022, 23:04
Found some more little things while I was entering data for my own module. I posted v0.9 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685) and fixed the following:

Equipping weapons w/ Autofire on PCs did not initially hide the Ammo/Reload buttons. Fixed.
Equipping Autofire/Suppressive Fire weapons on NPCs did not auto add a Suppressive fire option to their attacks. Fixed.
Some bugs with COVER and Critical Injuries. Fixed- Crits only apply if damage gets through (as per explosives).
Added ABLATE:X effect (to the main module) to automate armor piercing rounds. Ablate armor by the value in X, if applied and damage gets through.

seansps
May 1st, 2022, 01:59
As I continue to build out my own module w/ data, I find more little things! I just put out a v0.10 on the post. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685) I made some bug fixes, added a small feature, and added a Lifepath Module.

Per RTG's Homebrew Policy, we can include tables/mechanics for automating Lifepaths. I wish I could also include all the things I added in my own module for Roles/Abilities/and Stat Blocks but I haven't heard a response from RTG yet on that front.

The Lifepath Module includes:

Tables for rolling on or choosing your lifepath and role-based lifepath
Story Templates (click Story, then Templates) for generating a Lifepath so you can copy the info to your character sheet.

I fixed the following:

Fixed some graphical issues on the Lifepath Tab
Default skills that start at 2 now start at 2 when a new character is created.
Added a Total Skill Cost value at the bottom of the skill list to see your total cost of all combined skills (multiplying the x2 ones by 2).
Multiple SKILL:SKILLNAME X effects were being ignored on the effects. FIXED.

seansps
May 1st, 2022, 17:35
Sorry for the constant changes! (That's why it's still beta and I haven't put it on Forge yet... but once it slows down I will!)

I just uploaded a v0.11 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685) that does a couple things:

SKILL:Skillname -X wasn't working for negative effects/penalites. FIXED.
Fixed effect parsing across the board and removed a possible NULL exeception
ADDED a Dicetower graphic to replace the CoreRPG one, screenshot below!

Here's the new dicetower:

seansps
May 1st, 2022, 22:14
Two updates in a day might be too much :) but I just uploaded a v0.12 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685) to add support for Weapon Quality.

New "quality" field for Items that will display if the type is Melee or Ranged Weapon
If quality is "excellent" all attacks get a +1 bonus with it
If quality is "poor" the "Jammed" effect is added to the attacker if it is a ranged weapon and they roll a 1 (critical failure)
Per the above, the rules make it sound like this applies to melee weapons too, but states it takes an action to "unjam" the weapon, which to me makes no sense for melee weapons. I have thus only coded this for Ranged weapons, but please chime in if I am wrong!
Better lifepath stacking of fields. Rep Events, Aliases, Rolebased LP, and Notes boxes now expand to fit more. More room for details on enemies/friends.

damned
May 1st, 2022, 22:58
Two updates in a day might be too much :) but I just uploaded a v0.12 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56999-Cyberpunk-Red-(not-2020)&p=647685&viewfull=1#post647685) to add support for Weapon Quality.

Great work seansps. BTW more updates is even more reason to Forge list it.

seansps
May 1st, 2022, 22:59
Great work seansps. BTW more updates is even more reason to Forge list it.

Thanks damned! That’s true- considering the auto-updates— think it’s nearing ready to do so! Once I finish entering my own data and make sure all bases are covered I’ll submit it! Should be any day now.

Fleet Foot
May 2nd, 2022, 02:11

New "quality" field for Items that will display if the type is Melee or Ranged Weapon
If quality is "excellent" all attacks get a +1 bonus with it
If quality is "poor" the "Jammed" effect is added to the attacker if it is a ranged weapon and they roll a 1 (critical failure)
Per the above, the rules make it sound like this applies to melee weapons too, but states it takes an action to "unjam" the weapon, which to me makes no sense for melee weapons. I have thus only coded this for Ranged weapons, but please chime in if I am wrong!
Better lifepath stacking of fields. Rep Events, Aliases, Rolebased LP, and Notes boxes now expand to fit more. More room for details on enemies/friends.

Excellent work, Seansp!
If there's one game that's crying out for an FGU version, it's Cyberpunk Red. I'm so excited to see one being developed. I would love to see it get an official licence, and also for your hard work to get the Eurobucks that it deserves.

You should check out the official R. Talsorian Discord for further rules clarification, and I would also highly recommend the JonJon The Wise YouTube channel, especially the Night City Council episodes, where James Hutt (one of the designers of Cyberpunk Red) gives some interesting insights on the subtleties of the system (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYG8M8y_O0M&list=PLunJWS5ymOLncs23_F2sAc2odly1sGMVs).

By the way, melee weapons can roll a critical failure. By rolling a 1, the blade can get bent, or the handle falls off, while an action will be required to fix the issue, according to the free, official Cyberpunk FAQ on the R. Talorsion site (https://rtalsoriangames.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/RTG-CPR-CoreBookFAQv1.3.pdf).

Another thing to note about a critical failure: if it's a ranged attack, the weapon still fires off a shot before it jams -- it may not mean much if it were just a bullet being fired off, but it could get messy if it were a shot from a grenade launcher. :-)

Here's another rule that I had missed: on page five of the FAQ, it mentions that critical injuries from a single martial art attack can stack. That's right: if you were to roll two 6s when executing a successful bone-breaking strike, that would mean a broken rib critical injury, along with another injury rolled on the body injuries table (that will also mean a +10 of bonus damage for those two crits). By that logic, it would also mean that aiming a shot at a leg could also generate two critical injuries if the shot were to hit and two 6s were to be rolled (but I guess that's the payoff if you are willing to take a -8 to hit).

Keep up the good work!

seansps
May 2nd, 2022, 02:43
Thank you Fleet Foot!

I'll definitely check out those resources, sounds great, and thanks for the clarifications! For my next release I'll add a Malfunction effect for Crit Fails on Poor Quality Melee weapons.

That's really interesting about martial arts + critical injuries! Should be supported w/ how I have it now. Damage would be done from the Attacks on the Main Tab (applying any injury automatically if the supporting module is loaded) and then the Ability can be coded for "Bone-Breaking Strike" to add the effect of that to the target!

Thanks so much for the feedback!

seansps
May 2nd, 2022, 18:55
Hi all, I've went ahead and moved everything to the Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/632/view
Please let me know if there are any issues with the Forge version, and I'll fix promptly!

v1.2 should be live NOW and a v1.2 fix (jumped the gun on uploading v1.1, and spun up a v1.2 to follow) is going up soon too.

v1.0:
- Changes Weapon Jammed to "Weapon Malfunction" and does this when Poor Quality weapons roll a Critical Failure (Melee OR Ranged)

v1.2 (Now Live!):
- New NPCs that default to Mook/Grunt that were added to the Combat Tracker were not showing their Armor values. FIXED.
- Clicking and dragging NPCs IN the CT to copy them in CT caused an error. FIXED.
- Clicking and dragging items to Armor or Weapons prior to clicking on the Inventory tab didn't auto-equip. FIXED.

seansps
May 3rd, 2022, 21:19
A v1.3 is now Live on the Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/632/view

v1.3:
- If a roll was hidden by the GM and it exploded, it was unhidden (whoops!). FIXED.

t3xx3r
May 3rd, 2022, 22:29
Great work on the Cyberpunk RED ruleset! Looking forward to seeing it improve and become a great ruleset for a TTRPG.

seansps
May 3rd, 2022, 22:31
Great work on the Cyberpunk RED ruleset! Looking forward to seeing it improve and become a great ruleset for a TTRPG.

Thanks t3xx3r!

I had a lot of fun making it and hope to test it more thoroughly soon with my group!

seansps
May 5th, 2022, 00:09
I just posted an updated to the Forge:

The "Skill:Wardrobe & Style 1" Effect was not working. FIXED.
The Cyberware bonus for "Wardrobe & Style:1" was broken for the same reason. FIXED.

Second hotfix does:

Critical Injuries were being applied erroneously for Electricity, Drug, and Direct damage types. FIXED.

redba
May 6th, 2022, 09:57
Hi @seansps,
I'm having a lot of fun to convert Italian Red Rulebook for playing on FGU and considering that I love the theme style I would like to suggest to change the assets bag with something more tech :-)

Obviously without haste as I realize that it is only a question of "elegance" and does not impact the game system.

Again and again thx for your work and patience

seansps
May 6th, 2022, 13:13
​​​
Hi @seansps,
I'm having a lot of fun to convert Italian Red Rulebook for playing on FGU and considering that I love the theme style I would like to suggest to change the assets bag with something more tech :-)

Obviously without haste as I realize that it is only a question of "elegance" and does not impact the game system.

Thanks redba! That’s a good idea- I’ll give it some thought and find a good graphic to use there!

seansps
May 6th, 2022, 13:59
Hi @seansps,
I would like to suggest to change the assets bag with something more tech :-)

Can you try the latest version, redba? I just updated the graphic to something a bit more modern. Would like to know what you think!

Hi @seansps,

You're welcome!

redba
May 6th, 2022, 17:49
Can you try the latest version, redba? I just updated the graphic to something a bit more modern. Would like to know what you think!

You're welcome!

Oh yeeesssss
Well done guy!!!

I come back to add info to my personal ruleset!!!
:rv::rv::rv:

seansps
May 6th, 2022, 18:05
Oh yeeesssss
Well done guy!!!

You got it! ;)

I’m in the early stages of drafting a new feature to Auto Roll / Create characters for “Edgerunners” and “Streetrats”.

Shouldn’t be too hard to add that for a release in the near-future. Stay tuned!

seansps
May 6th, 2022, 18:41
Just uploaded a quick fix, v1.7:

NPC's with a "Shotgun" and "Shotgun - Shell" attack, the "Shell" attack did not deduct the right ammo value. FIXED.

seansps
May 6th, 2022, 21:07
I'm back with another update. As I get closer to running a One Shot in the Ruleset with my own group, I realized NPC's really need an Initiative field to set that for when they have Cyberware upgrades OR when you just want to re-roll from their stat block.

With that, I just put out v1.8:

NPCs that are Mooks or Team Members now have an Initiative field
Their Initiative field is rollable and if using an NPC's block that is on the Combat Tracker, it updates their Init on the tracker
For backwards compatibility: When opening an NPC that does not have an Initiative value set, it automatically sets it to either their Combat Number or REF (whichever is currently higher)
Oh, and clicking and dragging an NPC to add to the stat block uses THIS field now, as the modifier for their initial initiative roll (if they are a Mook/Team Member)
Demons have been updated to get an Init of "99" when added to the CT because they, like Black Ice, also get "set at the top of the initiative" when added
Programs have been updates to have get an Init of "0" when added to the CT because this will be determined by the Netrunner's actions

seansps
May 7th, 2022, 23:13
I've just released a v1.9 that adds the FIRE effect:

If a PC or NPC gets ignited by Incendiary rounds or grenades, the GM can add the FIRE:X effect
Replace X with the value of the damage, i.e. FIRE:2, FIRE:4
Only the effect on the entity with the largest value will be used since these don't stack
At the end of the PC/NPC's turn, if the effect is still there, that amount of damage is done direct to HP and a message is sent to the chat
Don't forget to remove this effect once they use an action to put it out!

seansps
May 8th, 2022, 18:01
Expanding on the above, I just pushed out a v1.10 which will allow us to code much better Exotic Weapon support:

A ranged weapon's "Skill" field has been changed to be freeform text field with autocomplete for certain skills
This will allow things like exotic weapons that use "Pilot Air Vehicle" as a skill
Damage types can now be combined with commas, so that you can have multiple types together, ex: "2d6 halfsp,subdual,nocrit"
NOCRIT damage added that does not allow critical hits (but DOES ablate armor)
SUBDUAL damage type added that wil not reduce the target below 1 HP and does NOT ablate armor
IGNITEX damage type added that will add a FIRE:X effect if any damage is done (based on the value of x)

Edit:

Just put out a hotfix for it. Sorry for double update:

SUBDUAL damage will reduce to 1 if DMG is greater OR equal to HP REMAINING (before it only did it if greater) -- and adds Unconscious effect per the rules

Edit 2:
Second hotfix!

Damage that was typed without the first value such as "d6" caused an error. FIXED.

seansps
May 8th, 2022, 21:04
Last update for the day, to v1.11:

Fixed a bug where "ON FIRE" was always displayed for IGNITEX damage type. Now changed to "IGNITED" and only displayed if we know damage got past armor.
Weapons with "Autofire" or "Shell" now have an optional "Alt Fire Mode Damage" value for exotic weapons that do something different than the norm! If this is not set, it does the usual per the rules.
Edit: Additional hotfix to "NOCRIT" damage -- now ablates armor (but does not crit) which is useful for weapons like Flamethrowers. SUBDUAL damage however will NOT ablate armor.

seansps
May 12th, 2022, 15:02
I just put out a major update for the Ruleset (v2.0) on the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/632/view):

It adds the Character Wizard feature and addresses some minor bugs. See below for details and screenshots! Would love it if some people can get in there and help test. Since it's brand new, there might be some minor discrepancies, but I will fix it up quick if so.

Added the Character Wizard to the Character Select window for GMs and Players to use:
NOTE: The "Lifepaths for Cyberpunk RED" module must either be loaded, or its contents copied to another module and shared with the players, for the Character Wizard to work. The Wizard will tell you if the tables are not found.
Lifepath, STATs, and Skills for all Roles using either Streetrats / Edgerunners / or Complete Packages
(Starting Gear still needs to be done by the GM, as this relies on the GM's own data.)
Lifepath is fully automated, rolling on all the tables, and automatically picking options for things like "Do you work alone or with a partner?" or the Nomad's choice of Land, Air or Sea pack.
STATs use the methods as outlined in the book to generate the spread for each method. Streetrats and Edgerunners can click "Reroll" to get a different spread. Complete Package can allocate, per the rules, to each stat.
When you move on to the SKILLs screen, you get an option window to select your language from one of your Cultural Background languages (provided you didn't edit this field before!) This skill defaults to 4.
SKILLs show the starting skills for Streetrats, or allow you to edit from that list of skills if you chose Edgerunner.
If you chose Complete Package, you see ALL skills and can allocate as you wish.
Those that require at least 2 can not be lowered, and the starting language cannot go lower than 4 and does not count against skill totals.
After clicking Create, the character is created with all the STATs, SKILLs, and Lifepath entries (including starting Rent/Lifestyle) and assigned to the player using the wizard!
Note: Roles are automatically added to the Character, provided the GM has a corresponding Role in their database for the chosen Role. Otherwise, just the string is set on their Character Sheet.
Example: The GM has created their own module with all 10 Roles. Their player then creates an "Exec." 4 Ranks of Exec are added to their Character Sheet automatically, giving whatever Features/Abilities the GM had in their module for an Exec.
Example: The GM has not entered the data yet for Roles, and the player creates an "Exec". Since there is no data, the player's Character Sheet states, "Exec 4" but it does not have the data for Features/Abilities.
Version 2.0 also addressed several issues:
Lifepath was rearranged and some fields allowed to expand to fit their content for better legibility
A bug was fixed with Skill Totals not counting Martial Arts as x2
Other minor bug fixes
Critical Injury tables can now be rolled on even if the GM has copied the tables from the example Module and put them in their own Module

seansps
May 13th, 2022, 04:22
After reviewing the RTG Homebrew Policy, it's clear that I can include data for the Roles and Items provided descriptive text is removed. The latest version, just posted, releases a "Roles and Items for Cyberpunk RED" module that adds:

Roles from the Core Rulebook to help you get started, with descriptive text removed from the Role and Features
All items from the core rulebook, with descriptive text removed (please let me know if you have automation/implementation questions!)
Night Martket generator tables to roll on the night market tables (the main one is called "Night Market Generator")
Parcels for starting equipment for Streetrat/Edgerunners

LordEntrails
May 14th, 2022, 07:30
Have to say, I'm really excited to dive into this. I've never played or run Cyberpunk, but am thinking I might do so for my next campaign. Really glad to see that this ruleset exists, and seems to be well supported. Tanks for doing that work and for sharing it with us :)

seansps
May 14th, 2022, 16:58
Have to say, I'm really excited to dive into this. I've never played or run Cyberpunk, but am thinking I might do so for my next campaign. Really glad to see that this ruleset exists, and seems to be well supported. Tanks for doing that work and for sharing it with us :)

No problem! I think the system is really cool and just lends itself so well to a FG ruleset. I’ll continue to keep making it better as I’m able to!

seansps
May 15th, 2022, 06:39
Hi all, just posted a v2.3 that adds (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/632/view) the "GEAR" step to the Character Wizard!

Added the Gear step to the Character Wizard
The Gear step looks at all Items loaded by the user, so the GM or Player using the Wizard must load the "Rules and Items for Cyberpunk RED" module. Alternatively, the GM can copy all the Items and Parcels from this module to one of their own, and share this with the player.
The Gear step uses the "Starting Equipment" parcels for Edgerunners and Streetrats. The parcel's must be named the same way as in the "Rules and Items for Cyberpunk RED" module.
For Complete Packages, the Gear step shows a list of all items, with buttons to see the list of Weapons, Armor, Ammo, Gear, Cyberware, and Fasion/Fashionware. Items can be chosen which deduct from the max of 2550eb (or 800eb of Fashion items).
Once hitting create, all Items chosen (or from the above parcels) are copied to the new character sheet.

xeocat
May 18th, 2022, 00:01
LOVING THIS!

quick question, Im probably doing something wrong. But ive got an NPC ive made and Im trying to add cyberware to him after chargen but when I try to drag and drop cyber audio suit foundational into the cyber audio suit spot on the cyberware page it dosnt let me. and I cant check the box next to it or manipulate the feild that says "none" what am I doing wrong to add the foundation unit?

please help! anyone :)

The ~Cat>

seansps
May 18th, 2022, 00:04
LOVING THIS!

quick question, Im probably doing something wrong. But ive got an NPC ive made and Im trying to add cyberware to him after chargen but when I try to drag and drop cyber audio suit foundational into the cyber audio suit spot on the cyberware page it dosnt let me. and I cant check the box next to it or manipulate the feild that says "none" what am I doing wrong to add the foundation unit?

please help! anyone :)

The ~Cat>

Hi there! Glad you’re enjoying it so far!

To add Foundational Cyberware, first make sure you’re dragging an item marked with the “Foundational” checkbox.

Then, make sure it’s the right Subtype. For Cyberaudio it must be “Cyberaudio.” Then drag it on either the “Name” field or the “Link” field above the box, and it will equip it to that slot.

Sorry if it wasn’t clear before- any suggestions for improvements I’ll gladly try to implement!

xeocat
May 18th, 2022, 00:13
Nope Im dumb, I was just missing the slot!!!! <blush> Thanks! I got it now!!!

thank you so much for making this!

The ~Cat>

seansps
May 18th, 2022, 00:32
Hi everyone. I see the latest version of FG changed the way dice rolls are handled. It is causing a slew of errors in the ruleset. I will try to fix promptly and out up a new version!

seansps
May 18th, 2022, 00:43
Nope Im dumb, I was just missing the slot!!!! <blush> Thanks! I got it now!!!

thank you so much for making this!

The ~Cat>

Glad that worked for you!! No problem!

I'm currently looking into a bug I am seeing w/ the latest FG version, so if you see any errors when making attacks, etc. it's likely that one.

seansps
May 18th, 2022, 01:05
Hi again!

I just put out a very important hotfix, v2.7. It should address any issues with rolls that were occurring after updating FG to the latest version. Please let me know if you see any other issues and I'll patch it up quick!

Edit: And a v2.8 just now which addresses another part of the fix: Melee/Contested rolls (like Concentration) didn't show the results properly. Fixed!

seansps
May 18th, 2022, 13:57
Just put out a quick fix that I missed the other day:

v2.9:

Fixed an error that would occur when trying to drag-and-drop an attack (or damage) from the chat to a token or CT node.

seansps
May 19th, 2022, 16:53
Back with some more fixes, in v2.11:

When adding PCs to the combat tracker, their "space" value is now set to 1
If Damage did not get through armor, but a critical injury was rolled, fixed an issue where the 5 damage was not applied if the total damage after armor was negative (the extra +5 always gets through armor but doesn't ablate)
When clicking button on Host's Combat Tracker to show all attacks, don't show the empty list for PCs (PC attacks are rolled from their character sheet!)

seansps
May 20th, 2022, 14:33
Pushed a bug fix in 2.12 that I introduced on accident recently:

Fixed a bug where abilities with singular damage (like 7 Direct) were no longer working right after patch 2.10
Fixed graphical bugs on the NPC sheets. The "icon", "skill bases", and "equipment" fields now grow with content.
NOTE: Damage types are not retained when dragging damage from the Chatbox. Attacks are also assumed to be Dodged if dragged from the Chatbox. To use the DV of the Ranged Item (or the item's damage type) target an entity on the Combat Tracker (or drag the attack/damage to that entity), and then roll the attack and damage. (The item's DVs can only be used if both you and the entity are on a map as well.)

seansps
May 22nd, 2022, 17:35
I pushed a new build to the Test channel that changes the layout a little bit for the character sheets. Was wondering if I could get some feedback before I move it to the Live channel.

Here's a screenshot: 52891

It does the following:

Moves the portrait to the left and makes it a bit bigger
Adds more space for Handle / Roles and Ranks / IP section
Adds a scrollbar to attacks when they exceed window size

I'll probably keep it in Test for a bit before push to Live, but curious if anyone has some feedback!

seansps
May 22nd, 2022, 23:13
I decided to go ahead and release 2.14. Everything seems to be working well on my side. I also added a new tab on the Party Sheet for the GM to see an overview of all PCs:

seansps
May 23rd, 2022, 02:28
Last update for the day, v2.15:

Thanks to @redba for this great suggestion!

2.15:

Added Skills to records so descriptions can be linked to skills on character sheets (see above)
Moved Roles and Abilities to "Character" category
All Skills are included in the "Roles and Items" module, with descriptions removed
GMs can add the descriptions to this module and re-share the records OR
GMs can copy all the content from this module to their own and add descriptions there
The Character Wizard and Character Sheets now have links next to the skills which will display the descriptions if the module is loaded

seansps
May 24th, 2022, 02:35
Added a major release, v3.0! New Tab on Party Sheet and better Netrunning Combat automation:

3.0 and 3.1 (5/23/2022):

Major update adding the "IP" tab so that jobs can have an IP award associated with them and given to each member of the party.
Netrunning combat Automation:

A Netrunner rolling Interface (or an ability that rolls Interface) against a program causes the program to roll DEF to defend and determine hit or miss (or Interface, if it's a Demon).
Programs / Demons or Black Ice rolling an attack against another Program or Black Ice triggers them to roll DEF (or Interface if targeting a Demon or Netrunner) and display Hit or Miss
Note: For a Netrunner's program's, manually set the Interface value on the program after adding to Combat Tracker to add their Interface value to the Program's Attacks, and roll attacks as the program. If "Attacking" a program with the Interface roll ability or an "ability", click and drag the roll onto the desired target.

Fixed a bug where Encounters caused an error if added to the CT before the CT was open

seansps
May 24th, 2022, 17:52
I've released an awesome new feature for Netrunners in v3.2.

A Netrunner can now Activate and Deactivate Programs or Black ICE from their Cyberdecks. Here's how it works (with screenshots):

1. First make sure your Program Items have a link to an NPC that is a Program or Black ICE in the "notes" section. THEN add to the Cyberdeck. (Assuming one is loaded in the "Foundational" slot.) Also, make sure the Netrunner is in the Combat Tracker (important to set the right values when activating programs!)

2. Notice that the items in the Cyberdeck w/ an NPC link now have "Activate" buttons. Click Activate. Note that a Window is opened for the player, so that they can take action as the program. The Program is added to the Combat Tracker. As shown below, Programs have their Initiative set to match the Netrunner. The Interface of the Program is automatically set to that of the Netrunner. That value is then added to all "Attack" rolls as the Program, per the rules.

3. Clicking Deactivate will remove the program from the Combat Tracker and close the window. Activating a Black ICE is similar, except now, Black ICE always has their initiative set to be 1 higher than the highest initiative in the Combat Tracker. (This is done even if the DM adds a Black Ice from an Encounter or manually. It also works this way for Demons, which use the same mechanic.) Also, Back ICE do not have an "Interface" value set since they attack on their own, with their own ATK stat. Remember that when dealing damage, the "damage" values in the "Effect" of a Program can be double clicked or dragged. It looks for specific strings to become rollable ("NdY damage" - direct damage, or "NdY rez" - REZ damage. Replacing N and Y with integers.)

Edit: Patch 3.4 improved this process. Now, use the new "Cyberdeck" Item type for Programs/Black ICE, and add the link to the corresponding program NPC stat block in the "NPC Link" field. Then, add to the cyberdeck.

Fleet Foot
May 25th, 2022, 22:44
I've released an awesome new feature for Netrunners in v3.2.

A Netrunner can now Activate and Deactivate Programs or Black ICE from their Cyberdecks. Here's how it works (with screenshots):

1. First make sure your Program Items have a link to an NPC that is a Program or Black ICE in the "notes" section. THEN add to the Cyberdeck. (Assuming one is loaded in the "Foundational" slot.) Also, make sure the Netrunner is in the Combat Tracker (important to set the right values when activating programs!)

2. Notice that the items in the Cyberdeck w/ an NPC link now have "Activate" buttons. Click Activate. Note that a Window is opened for the player, so that they can take action as the program. The Program is added to the Combat Tracker. As shown below, Programs have their Initiative set to match the Netrunner. The Interface of the Program is automatically set to that of the Netrunner. That value is then added to all "Attack" rolls as the Program, per the rules.

3. Clicking Deactivate will remove the program from the Combat Tracker and close the window. Activating a Black ICE is similar, except now, Black ICE always has their initiative set to be 1 higher than the highest initiative in the Combat Tracker. (This is done even if the DM adds a Black Ice from an Encounter or manually. It also works this way for Demons, which use the same mechanic.) Also, Back ICE do not have an "Interface" value set since they attack on their own, with their own ATK stat. Remember that when dealing damage, the "damage" values in the "Effect" of a Program can be double clicked or dragged. It looks for specific strings to become rollable ("NdY damage" - direct damage, or "NdY rez" - REZ damage. Replacing N and Y with integers.)

Thanks for all the hard work, Seansp! This ruleset is coming on in leaps and bounds.

However, I have a silly question: Has anyone else been able to get Step 1 to work? I have tried step 1, but I do not see the activate button beside the programs in the cyberdeck. I must be setting up the link from the program item to the npc program incorrectly.

seansps
May 25th, 2022, 23:18
Thanks for all the hard work, Seansp! This ruleset is coming on in leaps and bounds.

However, I have a silly question: Has anyone else been able to get Step 1 to work? I have tried step 1, but I do not see the activate button beside the programs in the cyberdeck. I must be setting up the link from the program item to the npc program incorrectly.

No problem! Not a silly question at all, there’s definitely some intricacies I could document better (I’ve considered making a video to go over it all.)

You need to make the Programs in the Cyberdeck list out have a link to an NPC in the “Notes.” (The NPC should be a Program or Black Ice.) Then add it to the Cyberdeck list. (Don’t forget to set 1 slot used for a program and 2 for a Black ICE!)

Check the “Example Program to Load on Cyberdeck” item from the sample “Cyberpunk RED” module for an example that should work! And also make sure the Cyberdeck is set first in the Gray box above the load out.

Edit: The key is to also have a link in the notes before you add it to the load out, since the parsing happens when you add it.

seansps
May 26th, 2022, 14:14
Just put out a minor update to make some graphical tweaks.

@Fleet Foot, any luck getting the above to work? Always a chance it could be weird edge-case bug that I need to fix! Feel free to hit me up in the "cyberpunk_red" channel over at the FG Discord if you want some help troubleshooting: https://discord.gg/S84wrh62w6. Any suggestions as well to make this more streamlined - I could always push out some enhancements here in a future update!

JoakimEdman
May 27th, 2022, 16:51
Seansps
Thnx a million you did a hell of a work.

English ain't my primary langugage, and I am dyslectic so beer with me, plz

Haven't have time to Play test it with my friends yet, at earliest August i believe,
But will of cource ceep you posted if i find anything.

Character Wizard:
I love that you can create a character/NPC in just a few clicks.
Edge runner mode “Error: No skill can be lower than 2”, this is because the Role specific skills a set to 0.

Initiative:
Its superb that you have the option to remove exploding dice on Initiative.

Cyberware:
When adding the Cyberware it roles the HL-dice but it does not reflect in you're hum/emp nor can I find the result somewhere.The option to use average instead of dice roll would be nice.
Having the HL on the Cyberware would help if you get psychotherapy.

Language:
I know you can implement languages to chat, but would have been nice to have them implemented from the beginning, mostly so not a spelling error messes things up.

Combat:
Dodge VS range if you use it that exchanges the range difficulty even if it is worse.
Why not use the Higher value?
Are you planing on implementing larger mags, none basic ammo. Scopes etc

Items:
There is no option to have items not carried. (Not added to the Weight carried)

Best wishes Joakim

seansps
May 27th, 2022, 17:21
Seansps
Thnx a million you did a hell of a work.

English ain't my primary langugage, and I am dyslectic so beer with me, plz

Haven't have time to Play test it with my friends yet, at earliest August i believe,
But will of cource ceep you posted if i find anything.

Character Wizard:
I love that you can create a character/NPC in just a few clicks.
Edge runner mode “Error: No skill can be lower than 2”, this is because the Role specific skills a set to 0.

Initiative:
Its superb that you have the option to remove exploding dice on Initiative.

Cyberware:
When adding the Cyberware it roles the HL-dice but it does not reflect in you're hum/emp nor can I find the result somewhere.The option to use average instead of dice roll would be nice.
Having the HL on the Cyberware would help if you get psychotherapy.

Language:
I know you can implement languages to chat, but would have been nice to have them implemented from the beginning, mostly so not a spelling error messes things up.

Combat:
Dodge VS range if you use it that exchanges the range difficulty even if it is worse.
Why not use the Higher value?
Are you planing on implementing larger mags, none basic ammo. Scopes etc

Items:
There is no option to have items not carried. (Not added to the Weight carried)

Best wishes Joakim

Thanks for the great feedback!

I will try to implement all your suggestions with my next release.

A couple questions:
- Edgerunner mode in the wizard requires each skill to have at least 2 before proceeding. I believe this is per the rules but let me know if that’s a mistake!

- Dodge vs Range: You need to have the NPC (or target) roll Dodge first. This adds the DODGE:X effect in the NPC’s Combat Tracker node. If that is present, it should use this DV over the range one. Let me know if it doesn’t because that’s a bug if so!

- Cyberware HL - I can definitely add the HL automatically. I left it manual for now so you can set the value in parenthesis at character creation. Perhaps I can make that more clear.

Great suggestions all around!

Edit: I suppose for Range DV you COULD use the Dodge only if it’s higher - but I think per the rules you always take the Dodge DV if they decide to dodge.

I forgot to mention, with regards to weapon attachments. It’s manual for now — but you can edit the item to add higher mag capacities and such after they purchase an attachment. I’ve been thinking about ways to automate this in the future.

seansps
May 28th, 2022, 16:34
I just out out a 3.4 that should make it easier to link programs to Cyberdecks for activation:

Added a new type of "Cyberdeck" and removed the old (unused) "Program" type
Cyberdeck type items behave like Cyberware (but with Cyberware specific values removed) and have a link field for the Program's NPC Stat block (if it is for a program)
Items of type "Cyberdeck" with the NPC Link set can be activated by the Runner from the Cyberdeck
Updated the modules to use the new types

I will start looking into some of these suggestions from JoakimEdman next!

JoakimEdman
May 28th, 2022, 21:12
Thnx a ton.

-Edgerunner, you are totally right there, the rules are a bit messy, my thought where more to perhaps sett all basic skills and role skills to 2 and deduct the cost for rolespecific skills from the 86 skillpoints.
Only to make it more intuitive for the users.

-Dodge range, Checked the rules and you are correct, "A defender can chose to attempt to dodge"
But it would be nice if you could ad it as a option to check against the better of Dodge or range DC.
It is always possible roll dodge after and to manually check if it is a miss.

I am locking forward to automatic for mods in the future, but i don't think it has to be a high priority for now.

I will look play around some more and see if i can give you some more feedback.
Have not checked the Nett-running rules at all, hope i can look it over soon.

And once again Thnx a million.
Best wishes
Joakim

seansps
May 28th, 2022, 21:18
Thnx a ton.

-Edgerunner, you are totally right there, the rules are a bit messy, my thought where more to perhaps sett all basic skills and role skills to 2 and deduct the cost for rolespecific skills from the 86 skillpoints.
Only to make it more intuitive for the users.

-Dodge range, Checked the rules and you are correct, "A defender can chose to attempt to dodge"
But it would be nice if you could ad it as a option to check against the better of Dodge or range DC.
It is always possible roll dodge after and to manually check if it is a miss.

I am locking forward to automatic for mods in the future, but i don't think it has to be a high priority for now.

I will look play around some more and see if i can give you some more feedback.
Have not checked the Nett-running rules at all, hope i can look it over soon.

And once again Thnx a million.
Best wishes
Joakim

You’re welcome! Thanks again!

I can definitely make those changes :)

seansps
May 30th, 2022, 03:57
I've started to address some of this feedback and put out a v3.5:

Inventory list now has standard "Equipped / Carried" button to mark items as not carried (doesn't count towards weight) or equipped
Screenshot: 52976
Inventory location now has standard auto-complete
Skills for "Edgerunner" during character creation now all default to 2 minimum (except extra language which starts at 4)

seansps
June 1st, 2022, 04:30
I put out a v3.8 today which implements Languages, and a bug fix:

Languages from the Core Rulebook added! Players will now "understand" any language spoken by in the chat for which they have listed in their Language Skills.
From v3.7 earlier today: The new items of type "Cyberdeck" were not visible under the "Gear" category in the Character Wizard Gear step. Fixed.

seansps
June 4th, 2022, 05:26
Just posted an update that fixes some graphics and adds a Dark Theme!

Pull the latest update, then, in the Extensions list, before loading the campaign, select: "Theme: Cyberpunk RED Dark"

Here's a Preview: 53011

It also fixes a bug where the Combat Tracker wasn’t updating the health status on NPCs for players (i.e “Healthy”, “Seriously Wounded,” etc.)

redba
June 4th, 2022, 07:44
Hi @seansps,
just checked and come here to report the following:

As you can see in my story group I am unable to read the name of story entry cause is black text on balck background.

Items and some other windows (like story entry) lack of right border..

Here my personal opinion that is red background bothers me a lot and is not a very comfortable color to look at for hours ..

As always great work and these are only my personal point of view of the black theme (I am still love the white one !!!! ahahaha)...

Thank you for you continuous work on this ruleset (I love it) and have a nice day..

seansps
June 4th, 2022, 15:31
Hi @seansps,
just checked and come here to report the following:

As you can see in my story group I am unable to read the name of story entry cause is black text on balck background.

Items and some other windows (like story entry) lack of right border..

Here my personal opinion that is red background bothers me a lot and is not a very comfortable color to look at for hours ..

As always great work and these are only my personal point of view of the black theme (I am still love the white one !!!! ahahaha)...

Thank you for you continuous work on this ruleset (I love it) and have a nice day..

Thanks for testing and the feedback!! I probably missed a few areas where I needed to change font colors and such. I’ll poke around at those spots and try to fix it up! Agree that the red could be a bit softer. I’ll make some tweaks here.

seansps
June 4th, 2022, 16:13
Thanks for testing and the feedback!! I probably missed a few areas where I needed to change font colors and such. I’ll poke around at those spots and try to fix it up! Agree that the red could be a bit softer. I’ll make some tweaks here.

@redba, I just put out a small update to the theme. (I missed one graphic.). I couldn't figure out, though, why yours shows story entries in Black font! Do you perhaps have an extension or something else enabled that is altering story entry lists? (It seemed to work on both my machines when testing.)

However, I also adjusted the big dark red box background to be a soft dark red w/ transparency, and I agree this should be much softer on the eyes!
Screenshot: 53016

Finally, re: the frames -- this was actually a stylistic choice to differentiate the different types of windows (character sheet, record sheets, combat tracker, etc.) If you hate it let me know, I can make them all framed :D

Edit: I feel like I should mention I’m not a graphic designer at all (Lol!) Just a dev with Paint.Net. But if any graphic designers want to work on a theme that would amazing :)

redba
June 4th, 2022, 16:29
@redba, I just put out a small update to the theme. (I missed one graphic.). I couldn't figure out, though, why yours shows story entries in Black font! Do you perhaps have an extension or something else enabled that is altering story entry lists? (It seemed to work on both my machines when testing.)

However, I also adjusted the big dark red box background to be a soft dark red w/ transparency, and I agree this should be much softer on the eyes!
Screenshot: 53016

Finally, re: the frames -- this was actually a stylistic choice to differentiate the different types of windows (character sheet, record sheets, combat tracker, etc.) If you hate it let me know, I can make them all framed :D

Edit: I feel like I should mention I’m not a graphic designer at all (Lol!) Just a dev with Paint.Net. But if any graphic designers want to work on a theme that would amazing :)

Just checked and I can confirm I use some extensions and I think the guilty one is Author cause it manage the type of entry (chapter, sub-chapter and so on) so the simple entry I think is black..

It is not important cause I can use the white theme for working backend then switch to black one in live (where I don't need the ext)..

For the frame I understand and is absolutely up to you cause this is not my ruleset but your/community.. so for me is ok.. :-) and again great work..

seansps
June 4th, 2022, 16:33
Just checked and I can confirm I use some extensions and I think the guilty one is Author cause it manage the type of entry (chapter, sub-chapter and so on) so the simple entry I think is black..

It is not important cause I can use the white theme for working backend then switch to black one in live (where I don't need the ext)..

For the frame I understand and is absolutely up to you cause this is not my ruleset but your/community.. so for me is ok.. :-) and again great work..

That makes sense! That extension is probably overriding the font color there to do it’s thing.

Thanks again for testing and all the suggestions!

seansps
June 7th, 2022, 00:50
Hi all, I just put out a v4.0 that does a lot of refactoring. Most notably is the first bullet, below. I moved all the hardcoded strings (for things like skills, character wizard strings, etc.) to a strings.xml file. With this, a user could now create an extension to override all the values with translations. There are some comments in the strings file to assist with making sure automation doesn't break when doing so. Due to complexity, some things (such as specific effects strings) were not added there, but there are values pertaining to names of the critical injury tables, Lifepath tables, and verbiage used by some of the critical injuries.

All Skills and Languages moved to "strings.xml" file so that they can be overridden by extensions with translations
Additional hardcoded strings (for role, prompts, and stats) used by Character Wizard and messages during Combat moved to "strings.xml"
Numerous bug fixes fixed, most notably, a bug that occurred during exploded attacks that were drag-n-dropped on NPCs
Attacks for PCs and NPCs are now sorted by name, for clarity

As always, let me know if I missed anything or accidentally introduced a bug and I will try to fix it up quick! This was a major refactor, but things seem stable in my testing.

seansps
June 9th, 2022, 23:11
Hi all,

I just put out a hotfix for 4.2. I realized that the latest graphical fixes accidentally "hid" the "NPC Link" field for Cybedeck type items. That should be fixed now.

Sorry for any confusion!

JoakimEdman
June 10th, 2022, 12:56
Is there a way to Donate/pay for a Rule-system after you already installed it?
And how do i give a review.
(Want to show support a good product)
Best Wishes
Joakim

damned
June 10th, 2022, 13:17
It looks like seansps has not enabled donations...

seansps
June 10th, 2022, 13:33
It looks like seansps has not enabled donations...

I just learned that was something we could enable!

I will try to set this up today, thanks so much JoakimEdman!

JoakimEdman
June 10th, 2022, 13:43
Time for making Seansps Cyberpunk red rule set Official!!!

Anyone who knows the best way get this done?
Anyone who has contacts with Mike Pondsmith or R. Talsorian Games?

Or is it to early?

The other ppl who did work on it have not updated it for 6 months or so.

Best Wishes Joakim

JoakimEdman
June 10th, 2022, 13:51
Donation done
:)

seansps
June 10th, 2022, 14:36
Donation done

Wow thank you! :D

So glad you and others are enjoying my implementation here. And yes - would love to be able to provide official licensed content if I could! In the meantime, I will continue to make updates per everyone's feedback and continual improvements :)

seansps
June 11th, 2022, 21:27
Just put up a quick fix for a couple armor/weapons bugs I found:

4.3 (6/11/2022):

Fixed a bug where armor could no longer be unequipped from the Main tab.
Now when removing weapons from the Main tab, it marks them unequipped as well.

redba
June 11th, 2022, 23:20
Also my donation is done and have to admit that I had completely forgotten could be given an appreciation by Forge ahahaha

Great work, great support here and in discord and also I have to admit rarely does anyone bring so many updates all the time!!!

redba
June 11th, 2022, 23:32
Time for making Seansps Cyberpunk red rule set Official!!!

Anyone who knows the best way get this done?
Anyone who has contacts with Mike Pondsmith or R. Talsorian Games?

Or is it to early?

The other ppl who did work on it have not updated it for 6 months or so.

Best Wishes Joakim

Well said .. but I have no idea which are the steps to reach official ruleset for Talsorian Games..
By the way I see Foundry is unofficial and only Roll20 is official rulesent will full content..
But I have to admit I have no idea about how these copyright/official affairs work..

Probably SmiteWorks know the road but Ehi!! the ruleset is developed by seansps so is up to him "walk the way" if interested.. but Man you are not alone in the journey ;););)

We are here to support him!!!!

seansps
June 11th, 2022, 23:35
Also my donation is done and have to admit that I had completely forgotten could be given an appreciation by Forge ahahaha

Great work, great support here and in discord and also I have to admit rarely does anyone bring so many updates all the time!!!

Wow, thanks redba! Very much appreciated.

And it’s my pleasure! I take pride in my work and want to deliver the best possible player and GM experience — and as a GM myself, I want to make it as easy as possible to run this awesome game!

seansps
June 13th, 2022, 13:51
Just put out a quick 4.4:

Moves Actions tab to bottom of charsheet tabs to match location in other rulesets
Fixed a potential bug when equiping weapons if a cyberware item existed of the same name in inventory.
Edit: Also snuck in a change to sorting on Features and Abilities (to sort by name properly.)

Edit: Identified another issue, so put out another fix today.

Skills window link was be set to the "role" window. Fixed.
Skills in the `Roles and Items` Module have been updated to point to the Skills window. If anyone copied and added their own descriptions, they'll need to re-create the skill (or edit the module xml file manually.)

seansps
June 17th, 2022, 21:31
Just uploaded 4.5 today. It's a minor graphical update:

Added a frame that can be used for Reference Manuals (if anyone is building any for their modules)
Updated the dark theme to work better for reference pages (including if using the new frame above)

Example: 53205

seansps
June 21st, 2022, 22:21
Hi everyone,

A while back a made a PDF converter for Fantasy Grounds Character Sheet XML here: https://fantasygrounds2pdf.vercel.app/

I just extended it to also add Cyberpunk RED support using this ruleset!

For it to work, export your character's XML. Then go to that link above, select "Cyberpunk RED", select the XML of the character, and click "Convert XML". It should send back the fillable PDF with it filled out (as much as it can anyway.)
It works pretty well, but if you have a lot of text in some fields, it gets pretty small. Also, it doesn't go beyond what limited boxes are available in that PDF.

Additionally, if you've overwritten the default strings for things like Skills in the strings.xml files, this won't work (only supports the defaults/English at the moment!)
There's also a potential issue with unicode characters in strings causing an error... so let me know if you encounter that and I'll try to fix it!

(The other supported systems in this generator are just 5e and DCC since those are the only others I've run in FG. Those implementations just generate printable HTML, but if there's enough interest, I might convert them to fillable PDFs as well.)

seansps
June 22nd, 2022, 15:19
Hi all,

I uploaded 4.6. It adds a nice feature to the Combat Tracker that 5e has, so I implemented here as well:

When an NPC enters a Derezzed or Mortally Wounded state, a delete button appears for easily removing them from the CT
Example: 53259

seansps
June 24th, 2022, 14:48
Uploaded 4.7, fixed a small bug where an NPC with an attack defined on their list of weapons/attacks, but not created by dragging an Item, would default to Melee. Now, if those adhoc created attacks are ranged, they use the DVs as set.

seansps
June 24th, 2022, 21:41
Hi everyone! Finally added Vehicle updates. If you pull down the latest update, 4.8, it should give the following:

Updated vehicle windows to have SDP, Armor (if upgraded), MOVE, Attacks (if upgraded), Size (for how many squares it takes up on the map) and # of Seats
You can click and drag Vehicles to the combat tracker
Adding a vehicle to the CT creates an ad-hoc "NPC" representation of it there, with the token (set to the size as specified), HP set as SDP, Move/Speed, and armor values set as the Armor. If attacks were added, those are there too.
Vehicles will not get critical injuries

Screenshot: 53283

seansps
June 25th, 2022, 15:15
Just pushed a quick 4.9 update that addresses some bugs I noticed when users replace the "parcel_label_eddies" string in an extension to override "eb" with something else.
If you do this in an extension now, it should work properly everywhere (character sheets, parcels, party sheet.)

seansps
June 26th, 2022, 21:44
Version 5 just released, it's a major enhancement adding much needed Ammo automation:

A drop down to select Ammo for all ranged skill attacks on the Attacks part of the Character Sheet has been added
Clicking reload no longer looks for hardcoded "Basic" named ammo, instead, it looks for the ammo that you have selected in the drop down
The dropdown is populated automatically with a list of ammo types in your inventory that match the weapon’s "Magazine Type"
For shotguns, it will also look for "Shell" in addition to the main magazine type (i.e. "Slug")
Ammo has a new "Damage Type" field on the items window
If an ammo is selected that has a Damage Type field set on it, then this Damage Type will override the weapon's usual Damage Type (UNLESS you are using Autofire or Shell attacks with a special attack damage/type set for it)
To support ammo damage types, 3 new damage types were added

ABLATEX - Ablates armor by X when dealing damage that gets through, instead of 1. The ABLATE:X effect overrides this.
SUBDUALX - Similar to SUBDUAL, but if they have X HP remaining, they get the Mortally Wounded status instead of "Unconscious". (For use with Rubber Ammunition, i.e. SUBDUAL1).
EXPANSIVE - If the "Foreign Object" injury is rolled, another one is also rolled and applied.

All ammo types (and parcels that include them) have been updated to use the new types (Incendiary now uses "ignite2", Rubber uses, "subdual1,nocrit", Armor Piercing uses "ablate2", and Expansive uses "expansive")
New buttons on the Items window added to display items All By Type, All Weapons, All Armor, or all other equipment (neither weapons nor armor)
Numerous "edge case" bugs fixed regarding attacks (specifically special attacks for autofire/shell)
Added an "Other" type for items that don't fit the other categories

Screenshot of Expansive ammo being used: 53321
Screenshot of Items by Type: 53322

Edit: I have ideas to add automation for poison/bio toxin/sleep/flash/teargas ammo, to come in another update.

seansps
June 27th, 2022, 14:18
Heads up -- if anyone was using the Bows/Crossbows from the "Roles and Items Module" (or copied them to your own) I noticed the DVs in there mistakenly had the Sniper Rifle DVs (oops!) Fixed that with latest build.

seansps
June 27th, 2022, 21:41
Today I put out a quick update, v5.1. The new addition is that we now have a new `resistX` damage type, and damage can be dragged/dropped properly from the chat window now.

Added the damage type RESISTX - This damage causes the enemy to roll a "Resist Torture/Drugs" check vs the DV (defined by X). If they fail, they take the damage direct to their HP, and does not ablate armor. (Used by some ammo, ex: "2d6 resist13" for Poison Arrow, and "0 resist15" for Flashbang.)
"Roles and Items" module updated so that Biotoxin/Poison/Flashbang/Sleep/Teargas use the `resistX` damage type. (EMP doesn't have it's own damage type... yet.)
Damage Type is now output to the Chat (for those items/attacks that have it set) so that you can drag/drop damage from the chatbox to a target to apply it that way as well.
Ammunition type items have been updated so the the "Damage Type" field (now labeled as "Damage") can override either Damage, Damage Type, or both of the weapon. (Ex: "ignite2" just overrides the weapon's damage type, "2d6" just overrides the damage, and "2d6 resist13" would override the damage and the type. Blank overrides neither.)

seansps
July 1st, 2022, 14:38
I released a v5.2 that adds a new option.

Added an option under "Game": "Chat: Show damage received and armor ablation amounts"
This option will output "[DAMAGE RECEIVED: X, ARMOR ABLATED: Y]" to the chat, if enabled, to show the amount of damage received or that armor was ablated by, when damage is applied
If damage that previously had a target was dragged-and-dropped, the target string (i.e. " -> TARGET") was being duplicated. FIXED.

seansps
July 3rd, 2022, 16:46
Just released 5.3, which adds an enhancement and fixes to un-identified items:

Un-indentified items now properly show the unid name in Player's inventory lists and default to "Unknown Item" if not set
Un-identified items now hide the "Notes" below when viewed by a player
Special attacks (Shell, Autofire, Suppressive Fire) are now indented with the "Link" field disabled to make it clear that they are the same weapon (see screenshot)
Deleting a weapon from inventory properly unequips it now (if it was armor or a weapon, cyberware is still manually equipped/un-equipped).

seansps
July 12th, 2022, 23:17
Hi all, quick update.

I am aware that a recent changed to CoreRPG caused some weirdness in the Character Sheet headers to this ruleset. I am going to patch it up as soon as I can. Please let me know if you see any other issues!

seansps
July 12th, 2022, 23:25
Okay, I just put out a quick 5.4 update which should fix the aforementioned issues in the Character Sheet.

Please report if you find anything else that I missed and I will fix it up as well!

seansps
July 14th, 2022, 19:26
Hi everyone. I've released 5.5, which adds support for the Manual Dice Roller. Previously, if Manual Rolls ("Dice: Manual entry") were enabled, the Manual Dice Roller did not work in many instances. Now, it should prompt for all types for rolls, and work properly for exploding dice and contested rolls (Evasion, Concentration, Resist Drugs via "resistX" damage type, Program Attacks, etc.)

Please let me know if you see any areas I missed if you are playing with that feature!

seansps
July 16th, 2022, 01:28
I just noticed the recent CoreRPG changes were causing a bug where all items when added to inventory were having their count increased by 1.

I just pushed an update to fix this!

seansps
July 21st, 2022, 14:54
Hi all,

I've pushed an update that addresses bugs that would occur in the Character Wizard if the GM created their own ReadOnly Modules from the data included in the existing modules. It should now work properly in those cases.
Also did a bit of UI cleanup in the Skills and Gear steps of the Wizard.

seansps
July 25th, 2022, 14:56
Back with another small update 5.9:

If the Language select dialog was ignored during character creation, it would stick around. Now, it will close automatically if ignored during character creation.

seansps
July 28th, 2022, 01:33
I just put out a quick update to effects.

Effects should now be properly ignored if not set to active on the CT

seansps
July 29th, 2022, 17:30
I've put out a big update to the way attacks are handled for NPCs in the CT:

If new attacks are added to an NPC on the combat tracker, they will be there right away without needing to copy or re-add the NPC
Changes to an NPCs attack will reflect automatically in the CT
Updating a NPC Program's ATK/DEF/Interface values reflect immediately in the attacks/defense section on the CT
Black Ice now shows PER and SPD in the Defense section on the NPC
Some bugs fixes that could occur during net running combat
Effects for NPC Programs in the CT now properly roll REZ or Direct damage based on verbiage and Program class

Please let me know if you see any issues! Existing NPCs or Vehicles in your CT prior to this update should continue to function normally.

seansps
August 2nd, 2022, 16:25
Just put a quick fix to address an issue when Players attacked a NPC using a Shield. Their Shield HP should now update properly.

seansps
August 3rd, 2022, 15:04
Tiny hotfix rolled out that adds halfsp to the Kendachi Mono-Three (damage should now be "4d6 ignoresp11,halfsp") and ensures that damage with both HALFSP and IGNORESP11 function as expected.

seansps
August 13th, 2022, 16:03
New build going out today, fixes an issue with critical injury rolls:

If multiple targets were hit with one damage roll, and a crit injury was rolled, some targets would get multiple results. FIXED. Now each target should only get one injury at random.

seansps
August 18th, 2022, 01:51
Hi everyone--

I just put out a new build to remove the use of recently deprecated functions in the Combat Tracker and the Item Lists (due to the recent FG Ruleset Updates.)

Please let me know if you see any issues, but it should be working same as before!

Edit: Just put out a QUICK Hot Fix to the above to address the same issue when Netrunners activate/deactivate programs from their cyberdeck.

skkruff
August 18th, 2022, 13:19
Hi, my group is switching over to this CPRED module on FG from r20 and I'm having trouble getting a bunch of core features to work.

Solo Role Abilities: For example, if I change my Threat Detection and then roll Perception, my bonus isn't added to the roll. In the description of the ability it says "Update this ability when points are added." What does that mean? How do I 'update' abilities? As a Solo, I switch these points around all the time so I need these bonuses to work.

Weapon mods - Smartgun link, targeting scope etc. - having a smartgun link doesn't add +1 to attack rolls. There's no obvious way to change the attack bonus on a weapon manually. I'm using an excellent quality weapon, so it is getting some sort of attack bonus, but I can't add the smartgun link bonus myself. I could add this bonus on misc on skills, but I'd need to remember to remove them if I switch to a weapon without a smartlink. Ditto on targeting scope, it doesn't reduce the penalty on aimed shots.

Thanks for your work on this, hopefully I'm just being dim and you can tell me what I'm doing wrong with these features. Cheers.

seansps
August 18th, 2022, 13:35
Hi, my group is switching over to this CPRED module on FG from r20 and I'm having trouble getting a bunch of core features to work.

Solo Role Abilities: For example, if I change my Threat Detection and then roll Perception, my bonus isn't added to the roll. In the description of the ability it says "Update this ability when points are added." What does that mean? How do I 'update' abilities? As a Solo, I switch these points around all the time so I need these bonuses to work.

Weapon mods - Smartgun link, targeting scope etc. - having a smartgun link doesn't add +1 to attack rolls. There's no obvious way to change the attack bonus on a weapon manually. I'm using an excellent quality weapon, so it is getting some sort of attack bonus, but I can't add the smartgun link bonus myself. I could add this bonus on misc on skills, but I'd need to remember to remove them if I switch to a weapon without a smartlink. Ditto on targeting scope, it doesn't reduce the penalty on aimed shots.

Thanks for your work on this, hopefully I'm just being dim and you can tell me what I'm doing wrong with these features. Cheers.

Hi!

For solos: In my implementation, Solo Abilities are not "fully automated" by the amount of rank you have currently. When your Solo changes his allocation of points above (which he can do in the "Role Ability" section) you should click the "Link" for his Solo Abilities (once added to the "Actions" tab) and edit the ability. For this particular one, you should set the "SKILL:Perception 4" effect to have the value necessary for the points allocated in that skill. Then they can just click the "Apply Effect" button when they use it, which will give them that bonus to their Perception rolls. (See my screenshots below.) (Edit: Note that they need to be in the Combat Tracker first!)

For weapon mods, unfortunately, yes, I do not have a way to automate the bonuses for those in this implementation. What I suggest is setting the "Location" on the inventory tab to show that they are attached like so:

Then, for the bonuses, you can edit the weapon to apply them so you don't have to remember (in most cases!) For example, Smart Gun link adds +1 to rolls? Just reduce the "DV" for all the values by 1. If it's autofire, you'll also see the DV tables for Autofire below, reduce there too! Alternatively, you can apply this effect to the player on the CT when they use this weapon, or give them an "Ability" to apply it themself: "Smart Gun Link; ATK: 1" (just remember to de-activate the ability when they switch weapons if you do it this way!) For other mods like Ammo Capacity, just change the "Magazine Capacity" on the weapon manually, and use the Location tab to track that the mod is applied there.

Targeting Scope will be a little trickier... you'll have to remember to remind the player for this one to manually click the "+1" mod below to apply that bonus:

I hope that helps! You're definitely not being dim, so no worries, the ruleset can be a bit tricky in this respect since not *everything* is 100% automated. For what it's worth, I am currently working on something that I hope to be able to announce at some point that will basically have all features you could hope for here.

skkruff
August 18th, 2022, 14:11
Okay I think I get it, although it seems very clunky unfortunately. So I had to pull the role abilities over from the bar on the right into the actions page on my sheet, which wasn't super obvious. Solos can alter their Combat Awareness mix every initiative (or using an action) so having to go in and manually alter these each time is not ideal. Also, it seems like the Abilities page on my sheet is essentially redudant (apart from tracking my current allocation) because the numbers there have no mechanical effect on my rolls, is that correct?

Finally, as I'm testing this myself ahead of our game tomorrow, my PC is not part of the combat tracker so when I apply Threat Detection it is 'dropped'. I haven't used this VTT before so I don't know if our PCs will be permanently on the tracker, but if not this doesn't quite work as Perception is most often rolled out of combat.

For my weapon I might go with the DV option as I often find myself switching between different ranged weapons and melee as combat dictates and sooner or later I'm bound to forget to add or remove the smartlink bonus. I can't help but think a field in the 'Attack' area on the Main page where I can add a manual bonus to different attack actions (like the misc bonus on the skills page) would be a better solution to this issue.

seansps
August 18th, 2022, 14:17
Okay I think I get it, although it seems very clunky unfortunately. So I had to pull the role abilities over from the bar on the right into the actions page on my sheet, which wasn't super obvious. Solos can alter their Combat Awareness mix every initiative (or using an action) so having to go in and manually alter these each time is not ideal. Also, it seems like the Abilities page on my sheet is essentially redudant (apart from tracking my current allocation) because the numbers there have no mechanical effect on my rolls, is that correct?

Finally, as I'm testing this myself ahead of our game tomorrow, my PC is not part of the combat tracker so when I apply Threat Detection it is 'dropped'. I haven't used this VTT before so I don't know if our PCs will be permanently on the tracker, but if not this doesn't quite work as Perception is most often rolled out of combat.

For my weapon I might go with the DV option as I often find myself switching between different ranged weapons and melee as combat dictates and sooner or later I'm bound to forget to add or remove the smartlink bonus. I can't help but think a field in the 'Attack' area on the Main page where I can add a manual bonus to different attack actions (like the misc bonus on the skills page) would be a better solution to this issue.

Correct, for Solo's the levels there have no mechanical effect since they are not "rollable" abilities.

If I were you I'd have them on the CT at all times, regardless of them being in "Combat" that way effects such as that work at all times. If you do not want them in the CT, you could manually set a "1" in the "Misc" bonus field for Perception on their Skills page.

But yes, I agree, there's a lot of decisions I made here that could certainly be better automated or make it easier for the GM to remember these things! Hopefully this works well enough for the moment (and better than Roll20!) until we can provide a new implementation.

Edit: I appreciate the feedback, though! And I am taking notes on everything so that we can provide a better experience in the future.

damned
August 18th, 2022, 14:45
PCs should pretty much live in the Combat Tracker all the time.

seansps
August 18th, 2022, 21:21
Hi everyone. I'm pleased to share some good news with you all with regards to Cyberpunk RED on Fantasy Grounds.

I have teamed up with River (Rough Patch (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?518656-Rough-Patch)) and Nightstride (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?65655-Nightstride) to produce an implementation of Cyberpunk RED which we hope to release with the official license and blessing from R. Talsorian Games.

River is a professional GM who has been running games and streaming on Twitch, including the pre-alpha version of this new implementation, which you can see in some of his streams (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1560245438) or here: https://www.twitch.tv/roughworks.

We are in talks with both R. Talsorian Games and SmiteWorks but nothing has been set in stone yet. We currently have no set release date (yet), but we are rapidly getting closer to a "v1."

A few notes about the new implementation:

I have been porting over many of the features of my ruleset (Character Wizard, full combat automation, etc) to this implementation.
Nightstride has already done a LOT of work on even MORE automation that is not in the current ruleset I provided here on the forge such as:

Fully automated bonuses for Solo's abilities
Special templated windows for each Role in the core rulebook with their own abilities and rolls implemented
Weapons with Weapon Attachments
More in-depth automation for Cyberware including the benefits or weapons they provide
A better implementation of Skills / Subskills and the ability to customize it as you please

In addition I've been working on some even more awesome features:

Support for Net Architectures, styled after those in "Tales of the Red" with the ability to hide/show all branches, or Reveal branches as a Netrunner moves through the architecture
Jobs that can be rendered as default richtext fields or Screamsheet templates (with a header column and two columns containing text or images.)
Even better Netrunning automation
More CT effects
Vehicles with vehicle upgrades

Like I said before, there's no set release date yet, but we've been making excellent progress. As such, I am focusing more on the development of this new version. Updates to the Unofficial version here will be a bit more infrequent here in the meantime, but I will continue to provide fixes as needed!

Edit: Here's a screenshot!

redba
August 18th, 2022, 21:32
Hi everyone. I'm pleased to share some good news with you all with regards to Cyberpunk RED on Fantasy Grounds.

I have teamed up with River (Rough Patch (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?518656-Rough-Patch)) and Nightstride (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?65655-Nightstride) to produce an implementation of Cyberpunk RED which we hope to release with the official license and blessing from R. Talsorian Games.

River is a professional GM who has been running games and streaming on Twitch, including the pre-alpha version of this new implementation, which you can see in some of his streams (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1560245438) or here: https://www.twitch.tv/roughworks.

We are in talks with both R. Talsorian Games and SmiteWorks but nothing has been set in stone yet. We currently have no set release date (yet), but we are rapidly getting closer to a "v1."

I have been porting over many of the features of my ruleset (Character Wizard, full combat automation, etc) to this implementation.
Nightstride has already done a LOT of work on even MORE automation that is not in the current ruleset I provided here on the forge such as:

Special templated windows for each Role in the core rulebook with their own abilities and rolls implemented
More in-depth automation for Cyberware including the benefits or weapons they provide
A better implementation of Skills / Subskills and the ability to customize it as you please

Support for Net Architectures, styled after those in "Tales of the Red" with the ability to hide/show all branches, or Reveal branches as a Netrunner moves through the architecture
Jobs that can be rendered as default richtext fields or Screamsheet templates (with a header column and two columns containing text or images.)
More CT effects

Like I said before, there's no set release date yet, but we've been making excellent progress. As such, I am focusing more on the development of this new version. Updates to the Unofficial version here will be a bit more infrequent here in the meantime, but I will continue to provide fixes as needed!

I think this is a GREAT news for us (masters/players) and so I thank you since now @seansps, @River and Nightstride for your effort and work!!! Well done..!!

seansps
August 18th, 2022, 23:04
I think this is a GREAT news for us (masters/players) and so I thank you since now @seansps, @River and Nightstride for your effort and work!!! Well done..!!

No problem! Yes it is indeed. We believe the final product will be super slick and are working hard on making an awesome experience.

Fleet Foot
August 18th, 2022, 23:16

More CT effects

This is fantastic news. I've got my fingers crossed that the folks at R Talsorian will give you the thumbs up! This ruleset deserves an official license. :D

JoakimEdman
August 27th, 2022, 12:21
Thnx for great work as usual.
Found the wizard after locking throe the manual
I humbly apologise.
I saw that Cyberpunk RED had appeared in the weekly newsletter, well done.
Are whee getting any closer to an official?
Am trying to get my gaming friends to download the Rule-set to hopefully remove the "Un" from Un-Official.
Best Wishes Joakim

seansps
August 27th, 2022, 14:10
Thnx for great work as usual.
Found the wizard after locking throe the manual
I humbly apologise.
Am trying to get my gaming friends to download the Rule-set to hopefully remove the "Un" from Un-Official.
Best Wishes Joakim

Hey there! Thank you for your support as always and glad you were able to find it! The team I joined up with is still in talks with SmiteWorks and RTG on implementing an official version! No new updates yet but we are making great progress! We've just finished up a new and improved Net Running implementation, and are finalizing NPCs now. Once that is done, we need to do more testing and bug fixing, little UI tweaks, and of course finalize an agreement with RTG. Fingers crossed that all goes well! Time permitting, I am going to try to also do some *even more* features to better support some of the DLCs. We shall see.

There's a screenshot a few posts up of what the new in-game Screamsheets and Net Architectures look like. Here's another screenshot on how we're implementing NPCs along with an example of a Black ICE targeting an active program on the PC's cyberdeck. Netrunning is made a bit smoother now in this implementation. Active Programs remain on the PC or NPC's Cyberdeck, with only Demons and ICE entering the Combat Tracker. Defenders and Boosters will have automated bonuses applied to the Netrunner, while attackers function like attacks! See below!

Still TBD on the launch date for this, so hang tight! Hopefully my Unofficial Implementation fits the bill in the mean time and I will continue to support as needed for bugs and such ;)

JoakimEdman
September 3rd, 2022, 16:47
Is there any nice tutorials about adding modules for a existing for creating Modules for a given rule-set )
Lets say i want to create a adventure for my campaign or i want to add more items.
It is easily done by adding it manually to my campaign, but i would prefer it being a Module under the module activation.
Best Wishes Joakim

JoakimEdman
September 3rd, 2022, 16:52
Double sent

seansps
September 3rd, 2022, 17:15
Is there any nice tutorials about adding modules for a existing for creating Modules for a given rule-set )
Lets say i want to create a adventure for my campaign or i want to add more items.
It is easily done by adding it manually to my campaign, but i would prefer it being a Module under the module activation.
Best Wishes Joakim

Hi! I am not sure if I can point specifically to a good tutorial, though, there might be some on You Tube. You could also check out the official Wiki for the Developer Guide section on making modules here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996644347/Building+Modules+-+Overview

But here is my general process / tips:

Create a new campaign for the development of your module.
In the new campaign, create any NPC, Item, etc. that you want or are using in the adventure.
If it's easier, you can open another module and copy contents from it here, then edit it (such as the sample module included in this ruleset, you can copy items, or NPCs, and then change them up, set tokens etc.)
When adding images or tokens, first make sure the image is in your "images" folder for your campaign, and then add it to the Images section of Fantasy Grounds by dragging it from the Assets window
It's good practice to keep images < 6 MB. Really large images used for maps and such will take longer to load on another Player's machine, and may be too laggy for play (if there's lots of data points like for LOS and such.)
There's other good tutorials and such for adding Line of Sight (LOS) data to maps and such, but you'll want to do that in this development campaign
For your adventure text, create them as Story entries, starting with "01.00. (Title)" and incrementing up for subseections like "01.01. (subsection)" or other chapters, "02.00 chapter 2" etc.
Create encounters in the campaign and drag NPCs you wish to use on them
Then on images you can place the NPC tokens from encounters so that when you add the encounter they are placed automatically on the map. I generally then also link the encounter in the Story text and then drag a link to the Story on the image where it takes place.
As mentioned before you can copy all the items from the Sample module included for this ruleset, and then copy in descriptive text as desired from the Core Rulebook
When done, click "Modules" -> "Export" and then select what you wish to export (you can select all if you want, too) and enter a desired title for the module, and/or a PNG for the thumbnail if desired, then click Export
You are now ready to load it up in the campaign you'll use with your players!

JoakimEdman
September 3rd, 2022, 18:01
Thnx a million.. :)

wndrngdru
September 3rd, 2022, 23:36
Best Wishes Joakim

Yep. Here's a good starting point https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices

Rough Patch
September 6th, 2022, 03:24
Hi, I'm River, the professional DM that Sean mentioned that's been showcasing the builds on stream. Thought I'd pop in and say hi, I'm not really on the forums too often but if you DM me or quote me I'll try to get back to you. Saw a few comments I wanted to reply directly to.

Thank you so much.

Very. Nothing set in stone yet. I've got a good feeling about this month though ;) so stay tuned.

Oh and I'm affiliated with fantasy grounds so if you were planning on purchasing anything soon, consider using my link. https://affiliates.fantasygrounds.com/316636/15958

Rough Patch
September 21st, 2022, 14:54
General update!

A lot of progress has been made and some large announcements should be coming soon.

I'm also looking for people to join the ongoing campaign I'm running using the test system, I do charge for my games so feel free to DM me for more information or check out my twitch (and youtube) for live videos and the VoD's https://www.twitch.tv/roughworks

MsRaven13
October 13th, 2022, 16:23
Hi, I'm not sure if I should be voicing my frustrations here or somewhere else. but up until late last night after getting off work. Data I spent hours and days manually inputting into my Cyberpunk Red campaign was still intact. But as soon as ran the "check for updates" and finally got into my campaign all my data was lost and everything was set back to default config.... Is there a way to retrieve my lost data or am I royally screwed and have to start all over again....If not, to save me future frustration and the urge to throw my pc out the window/ delete FG all together and go back to Roll20. How do I prevent this crap from happening again....

seansps
October 13th, 2022, 16:36
Hi, I'm not sure if I should be voicing my frustrations here or somewhere else. but up until late last night after getting off work. Data I spent hours and days manually inputting into my Cyberpunk Red campaign was still intact. But as soon as ran the "check for updates" and finally got into my campaign all my data was lost and everything was set back to default config.... Is there a way to retrieve my lost data or am I royally screwed and have to start all over again....If not, to save me future frustration and the urge to throw my pc out the window/ delete FG all together and go back to Roll20. How do I prevent this crap from happening again....

Hi there! This sounds like an issue with Fantasy Grounds itself and not the ruleset. But I might be able to help you troubleshoot. Were you by chance using the "TEST" or LIVE" channel, and/or did you change the channel? If so, your data is still there, just in a different folder.

If you did a clean exit, it should have saved all the data. Regardless, FG does auto-save every 5 minutes. There are also backups you can restore from. First, try to locate your campaign folder where you were entering data. (Default path is something like: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns", unless you changed your FG Data Path in the settings.)

See if your campaign is there. If so, the `db.xml` file should have your data if it was saved. If it for some reason got corrupt, check the backup files like "db.session.<Date>.xml". You might want to copy everything first to another folder before reverting to a backup.

If you were using the TEST channel it's in "channels\Test\campaigns", so check there if so.

Note that if you set your FG data directory to something else, DO NOT set it to cloud drives like OneDrive, GoogleDrive, etc. This WILL cause data corruption and likely would be the cause, and you could lose everything this way. But if you did, hopefully one of those backups there still work and you can revert it (without much loss.) If you are using a cloud drive I strongly encourage against that.

Moon Wizard
October 13th, 2022, 16:36
Can you zip up your campaign folder, and post here?
I'm not familiar with the Cyberpunk RED ruleset; but maybe I can see something in the data.

Also, if it was a data file error (from hosting multiple times in same campaign; or third party file synching error; or something similar); you can recover data for anything entered up to the first session you launched that day by following this wiki article:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1207304196/Restore+Campaign+to+an+Earlier+Save

Regards,
JPG

MsRaven13
October 13th, 2022, 18:12
thanks for the info, I'm not understanding how I'd go about restoring the backed-up files.. I've located the files. I'm new to FG and not really great at coding.

seansps
October 13th, 2022, 21:11
thanks for the info, I'm not understanding how I'd go about restoring the backed-up files.. I've located the files. I'm new to FG and not really great at coding.

Did you try the steps at the article Moon Wizard provided? https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1207304196/Restore+Campaign+to+an+Earlier+Save

You can try re-naming the old campaign "db.xml" to "db-old.xml" and then rename one of the "db.session.xml" files to "db.xml"

Take a look at the file sizes. If they are really small, it means your data probably is not there.

damned
October 13th, 2022, 21:39
Dont rename - make a copy of the intended restore file and rename that one. Just in case...

SashaJace
October 14th, 2022, 15:37
My players and I are just getting into playing Cyberpunk RED and ran two sessions with the FGU ruleset. Last session we noticed a odd behavior with called shots.

On the first attack, a player would indicate that it was a called shot and click 'head'. The attack roll would not show a -8 to hit, but would double the damage on a success.
On the second attack, the player would indicate that it was not a called shot, would refrain from clicking 'head' and we would see the -8 to hit and the damage roll did not double.

It appears to us, that the -8 penalty on the attack roll for a targeted headshot was being applied to the next roll - not the roll on which it should have been applied.

Has anyone else seen this sort of behavior? If not, I'll start cycling through the handful of general purpose extensions I had loaded to see if something was not playing nice with the dice results. But if it's a known issue, we'll just work around it for now.

seansps
October 14th, 2022, 15:41
My players and I are just getting into playing Cyberpunk RED and ran two sessions with the FGU ruleset. Last session we noticed a odd behavior with called shots.

On the first attack, a player would indicate that it was a called shot and click 'head'. The attack roll would not show a -8 to hit, but would double the damage on a success.
On the second attack, the player would indicate that it was not a called shot, would refrain from clicking 'head' and we would see the -8 to hit and the damage roll did not double.

It appears to us, that the -8 penalty on the attack roll for a targeted headshot was being applied to the next roll - not the roll on which it should have been applied.

Has anyone else seen this sort of behavior? If not, I'll start cycling through the handful of general purpose extensions I had loaded to see if something was not playing nice with the dice results. But if it's a known issue, we'll just work around it for now.

Hi! I think that might just be a bit of confusion with how it works in this implementiaon.

To perform a head shot first click “HEAD” OR as a GM add the “AIM: HEAD” effect to their CT entry.

Then- their next attack should get a -8 penalty. IF they hit, the “AIM: HEAD” effect is automatically applied to their CT entry and then the next DMG roll is doubled (tripled if the enemies have a cracked skull.)

You can also manually apply the effect if you manually gave them a head shot.

Let me know if that works and clarifies it for you!

It’s a bit confusing, but for what it’s worth, in the new official implementation that we are getting ready to release, this is all handled much more smoothly via a “Targeting Location” button on the Actions tab (and on the CT for NPCs.)

It’s just that in this quick-n-lite unofficial implementation I did, it is handled via CT effects mostly.

Edit: more details. If they didn’t target the enemy they will need to make sure HEAD button again is clicked, or have that CT effect manually added to them for the damage roll.

SashaJace
October 14th, 2022, 15:48
We had a blast with it all even with some perceived bumps in the road and our rudimentary knowledge of the game (we're still learning).

I'll go back with them and see if we can't figure out how we went wrong but my understanding was that their process was as follows:

Player:
CTRL-Click target token (targets in the combat tracker)
Click 'Head' to target head for a called shot - button turns red.
Click 'attack' on the character sheet to roll the attack (it is on this attack that we do not see the -8 to the attack roll) 'Head' button turns grey.
Click 'damage' on the character sheet to deal damage (bonuses applicable to the roll were applied here)

Player clicks 'attack' a second time, does not re-click head, button still grey (we see the -8 on the attack roll)
click 'damage' and no bonus damage is applied.

It's entirely plausible we did something wrong - I tried it from my end as the GM via one of the character sheets and it seemed to work but all my players were saying it wasn't applying the penalty until the next attack roll. We'll go back and take another look. We're looking forward to more info about an official release! Thanks for the quick response!

seansps
October 14th, 2022, 16:44
We had a blast with it all even with some perceived bumps in the road and our rudimentary knowledge of the game (we're still learning).

I'll go back with them and see if we can't figure out how we went wrong but my understanding was that their process was as follows:

Player:
CTRL-Click target token (targets in the combat tracker)
Click 'Head' to target head for a called shot - button turns red.
Click 'attack' on the character sheet to roll the attack (it is on this attack that we do not see the -8 to the attack roll) 'Head' button turns grey.
Click 'damage' on the character sheet to deal damage (bonuses applicable to the roll were applied here)

Player clicks 'attack' a second time, does not re-click head, button still grey (we see the -8 on the attack roll)
click 'damage' and no bonus damage is applied.

It's entirely plausible we did something wrong - I tried it from my end as the GM via one of the character sheets and it seemed to work but all my players were saying it wasn't applying the penalty until the next attack roll. We'll go back and take another look. We're looking forward to more info about an official release! Thanks for the quick response!

Ah! Thank you for clarifying the steps to recreate. That was a bug, good find! It was a race-condition between applying the effect and checking for it later in the same function.

I just pushed up a fix for that (it was a quick hotfix) so when you pull down updates it should grab that fix and work for you right next time. :)

Meckerdrache81
October 18th, 2022, 22:25
Hi :) Your extension is so amazing that it convinced me to finally start with cyberpunk RED. I don't want to be impatient but i'm curious: Are there any news to making your mod an official Ruleset? I'll run my first session in a month and i don't want to populate a campaign with your extension with data for NPCs, Items and so on, when the official Ruleset is just about to be released.

seansps
October 18th, 2022, 22:34
Hi :) Your extension is so amazing that it convinced me to finally start with cyberpunk RED. I don't want to be impatient but i'm curious: Are there any news to making your mod an official Ruleset? I'll run my first session in a month and i don't want to populate a campaign with your extension with data for NPCs, Items and so on, when the official Ruleset is just about to be released.

Hi Meckerdrache81, excellent question, because yes, entering all the descriptions manually is a LOT of work!

We've submitted our v1 build for final approvals and are waiting to hear back now. So with any luck we should hopefully be able to release the official version sometime in November. :D Fingers crossed that all goes well there -- but I will update here when I know more!

For the mean time, you can certainly run your games in the unofficial version, but you may want to hold off on entering ALL things from the Core Rulebook, and either reference it directly as needed, or enter only what you want.

Meckerdrache81
October 19th, 2022, 19:10
Sounds good, thanks!

Calirae
November 14th, 2022, 12:34
[...]

We've submitted our v1 build for final approvals and are waiting to hear back now. So with any luck we should hopefully be able to release the official version sometime in November. :D Fingers crossed that all goes well there -- but I will update here when I know more!

[...]

Any updates on this, by chance? Very excited at the prospect of potentially getting my hand on this in an official capacity on FG!

seansps
November 14th, 2022, 12:47
Any updates on this, by chance? Very excited at the prospect of potentially getting my hand on this in an official capacity on FG!

Just a quick update! We’re waiting for the contract with RTG to be finalized before we can move forward. I’m hoping that can happen soon.

Vague
January 1st, 2023, 21:38
This project is fantastic! I'm using it to play RED with 3 of my friends currently and we're having a great time. We're at a point now where a character wants to multiclass, but we've run into some trouble. As I understand the instructions, it should be as simple as dragging a new roll onto the character sheet. This seems to be incorrect, however, as nothing happens when I drag a new roll onto a character sheet. I must be missing something or just not understand how it works. Could anyone help me out?

seansps
January 1st, 2023, 21:43
This project is fantastic! I'm using it to play RED with 3 of my friends currently and we're having a great time. We're at a point now where a character wants to multiclass, but we've run into some trouble. As I understand the instructions, it should be as simple as dragging a new roll onto the character sheet. This seems to be incorrect, however, as nothing happens when I drag a new roll onto a character sheet. I must be missing something or just not understand how it works. Could anyone help me out?

Hi there! Glad you're enjoying it! You should be able to get a new Role added the same way you'd increase the level of the existing one. Make sure you drag the Role from the Roles list to the character sheet window itself and *not* the Roles subwindow (which is just there to see your list of roles and the links to them.)

Let me know if that works for you!

Vague
January 1st, 2023, 21:53
Hey! Yeah, it was an extension I had on that was blocking it from working correctly. After I posted that I thought to turn off any and all extensions and check again (I should have done that before I posted). I'm turning extensions on one by one and will let you know when I determine the offending extension(s).

seansps
January 1st, 2023, 21:54
Hey! Yeah, it was an extension I had on that was blocking it from working correctly. After I posted that I thought to turn off any and all extensions and check again (I should have done that before I posted). I'm turning extensions on one by one and will let you know when I determine the offending extension(s).

Great, sounds good! Curious what extension it was (probably something listening for drop events on a character sheet?) Glad you figured it out!

Vague
January 1st, 2023, 22:09
Got it. It's the extension "Decked out". https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/910/view
I use it for the Cyberpunk Tarot deck. I'll disable it whenever someone wants to add a role level (unless or until the two play nice together).

Thanks for your time! Great work!

seansps
January 1st, 2023, 22:13
Got it. It's the extension "Decked out". https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/910/view
I use it for the Cyberpunk Tarot deck. I'll disable it whenever someone wants to add a role level (unless or until the two play nice together).

No problem! Thanks for reporting that strange conflict. That does sound like a very useful extension for the tarot DLC! I should think the dev of the extension would be able to look into what it is doing that prevents drop events of a character sheet to execute. (Or enable it so that both still function.). I’ll see if I can reach out to them to take a look.

seansps
January 1st, 2023, 22:59

I reported it and the dev of Decked Out already fixed the issue!!

You should be able to run the updater to get the latest, and then it should all work still with the extension active.

Vague
January 2nd, 2023, 00:32
Holy crapcakes that was fast! I can verify that it is working correctly. Thanks to you and thanks to Saagael as well. 100% good to go.

seansps
January 2nd, 2023, 00:33
Holy crapcakes that was fast! I can verify that is it is working correctly. Thanks you and thanks to Saagael as well. 100% good to go.

Excellent! Glad to hear it :). Great idea using that extension by the way, I will have to try that as well for my own games!

Meckerdrache81
January 4th, 2023, 23:00
Hi :)
How do i use programs for the netrunner i am creating?
My understanding:
1. Set the type of deck in the cyberdeck section of the actions tab
2. Drag the items for the programs there
3. create an NPC program and link it in the respective item description

How can we interact with the REZ, ATK and DEF values while we are doing a netrun? Is there an character effect to automate the protection of 4 points given through the armor program?

seansps
January 4th, 2023, 23:08
Hi :)
How do i use programs for the netrunner i am creating?
My understanding:
1. Set the type of deck in the cyberdeck section of the actions tab
2. Drag the items for the programs there
3. create an NPC program and link it in the respective item description

How can we interact with the REZ, ATK and DEF values while we are doing a netrun? Is there an character effect to automate the protection of 4 points given through the armor program?

Hi there!

I forget how I implemented it exactly, but I believe you need to set the NPC program link in step 2, then drag it to the Cyberdeck to equip it.

Once you do that there should be an “Activate” program button that appears. Clicking that will add the Program to the Combat Tracker and share it with the player (if they were the one that clicked it.) And then it can be Deactivated and the button will change to “Deactivate.”

From the NPC on the CT, they can then roll ATK, DEF, etc. Damaging the program via REZ or Zap attacks will lower its REZ.

For those programs that are attackers, they should deactivate them after the Attack.

seansps
January 4th, 2023, 23:10
Also for your other question, in the unofficial version here the automation for effects is pretty light.

I don’t think Armor has been automated in my unofficial inplementation.

In the upcoming new official version, there is a lot more automation. Programs will end up becoming attacks/effects/damage that are done on a Netrunner or Demon or Ice, and only Demons and Ice are NPCs in the new version, with Ice being activated on the Actions tab’s Cyberdeck via the Netrunner. The Netrunner targets a specific program on an enemy Netrunner’s deck, or a specific Demon or Ice on the CT. And most of the boosters, defenders, etc. have effects for automation. It will be much better! Hope that we can release this month, but TBA there.

Meckerdrache81
January 5th, 2023, 21:44
Thanks. It does seem to work differently:
The Cyberdeck section only accepts items. Linking the program in those equipped items does nothing at first. But when i restart FGU the button appears. I could be wrong though. I'm just trying things out :)

seansps
January 5th, 2023, 21:46
Thanks. It does seem to work differently:
The Cyberdeck section only accepts items. Linking the program in those equipped items does nothing at first. But when i restart FGU the button appears. I could be wrong though. I'm just trying things out :)

Ah gotcha, that might be the case too! I think it should work if, when you create the Program Item, add the NPC first -- then drag it onto the Cyberdeck. But if not, closing and reopening should also do the trick.

Edit: It's been a while since I worked on that part of the unofficial ruleset, but I can test again locally and make sure it's working as expected.

seansps
January 5th, 2023, 22:15
Ah, so I just checked it.

I did confirm that if the NPC is linked first, and then you add it to the Cyberdeck, it should show up as expected. But I also saw a bug that might have been causing confusion -- the NPC Link label was overlapping another field and hard to read. I fixed the items layout for Cyberdeck Programs now, so that should be easier to read. Pull the latest updates to get that fix!

Meckerdrache81
January 6th, 2023, 17:28
Yeah, this does it. Now I'm ready to go for our first game this sunday. Thanks for your help :)

seansps
January 6th, 2023, 17:31
Yeah, this does it. Now I'm ready to go for our first game this sunday. Thanks for your help :)

Awesome! Glad it worked :)

Nobiledruen
January 9th, 2023, 00:01
Hi @seansps , thanks for your amazing job for Cyberpunk Red!!!! Any news on the official release please? It has been a while since the last update on the contract in November 2022. Cheers!

seansps
January 9th, 2023, 00:05
Hi @seansps , thanks for your amazing job for Cyberpunk Red!!!! Any news on the official release please? It has been a while since the last update on the contract in November 2022. Cheers!

Hi there! No problem!

And yes — just a small update, but things are really moving now. We’re in the final talks with the publisher and getting ready to set the release date. I am hoping for a release this month, barring any troubles or bumps along the way, but so far so good!

damned
January 9th, 2023, 02:43
So we should have it by Easter then!

pauloralves
January 11th, 2023, 15:57
Looking forward for the launch, waiting in the shadows for a FG release for years now. Congrats to the creator

seansps
January 11th, 2023, 16:43
So we should have it by Easter then!

LOL! Hopefully sooner :)

Looking forward for the launch, waiting in the shadows for a FG release for years now. Congrats to the creator

Thank you! Yes we've been working very hard on this release. The unofficial ruleset I made was a good "first pass" at it, and I applied a bunch of lessons learned to the official implementation which goes above and beyond thanks the effort started by @Nightstride. He, @Rough Patch and I cannot wait to share it with the community.

We're in the final stretch now between talks with the publisher and following that, SmiteWorks will do their pass on the QA.

Calirae
January 12th, 2023, 08:28
Preem! Can't wait to have my players take on some corpo gonks... or become the corpo gonks. Oh, oh no.
Been sitting on the physical copy quite a while; so stoked for it to finally be on FG soon(tm) and being able to play!

seansps
February 7th, 2023, 15:10
Hi everyone!
I am very happy to announce we are now on officially on the Fantasy Grounds store!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGCPRRTG
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2275330/Fantasy_Grounds__Cyberpunk_Red_Core_Rulebook/

Please consider switching over to the new Official version of the Cyberpunk RED ruleset.

I have switched all development over to the official version and will no longer be supporting the unofficial one, but our unofficial version will remain on the Forge for the foreseeable future. The new official ruleset offers much more features, automation, and functionality. You will need to enter your own Characters again (and any custom NPCs or items you made) but it contains all the data from the Core Rulebook.

Stay tuned for updates in the future as we work to bring DLCs to the Forge!

TrentLane
February 7th, 2023, 15:35
Awesome! Can't wait to run a game for my group :)

damned
February 7th, 2023, 15:49
Hi everyone!
I am very happy to announce we are now on officially on the Fantasy Grounds store!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=IPFGCPRRTG
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2275330/Fantasy_Grounds__Cyberpunk_Red_Core_Rulebook/

Please consider switching over to the new Official version of the Cyberpunk RED ruleset.

I have switched all development over to the official version and will no longer be supporting the unofficial one, but our unofficial version will remain on the Forge for the foreseeable future. The new official ruleset offers much more features, automation, and functionality. You will need to enter your own Characters again (and any custom NPCs or items you made) but it contains all the data from the Core Rulebook.

Stay tuned for updates in the future as we work to bring DLCs to the Forge!

Well done to your team seansps!

seansps
February 7th, 2023, 17:23
Thank you @damned!

For discussion of the Official Release, please go to the new Forum here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?140-Cyberpunk-RED

Or join us on the Discord!

Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of my work here so far, and I hope you all enjoy the new official version!

Vague
February 7th, 2023, 22:12
Oh HELLZ YEAH!

Of course I bought it. Got the free stuff in the Forge, too. Great work!

Vague
February 10th, 2023, 00:15
Question.

Is there a way to add max Humanity back? I have character that went to therapy to restore Humanity and I don't know how to add the 2d6 back.

Vague
February 10th, 2023, 00:20
My mistake. I'm trying to alter MAX and that's not right. Never mind. All is good. :D

seansps
February 10th, 2023, 02:09
My mistake. I'm trying to alter MAX and that's not right. Never mind. All is good. :D

No worries! Yeah, Max is set by EMP, and lowered by 2 for HL-inducing cyberware (4 if it's Borgware.)

seansps
February 10th, 2023, 02:10
No worries! Yeah, Max is set by EMP, and lowered by 2 for HL-inducing cyberware (4 if it's Borgware.)

Oh! I should say the above is for the Official release. I forget how I implemented in the Unofficial one. Feel free to join us on the Official forum for talk about the Official release: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?140-Cyberpunk-RED

Vague
February 10th, 2023, 05:20
Yes! The Official, absolutely.

We just used it. A+ Number 1! These character sheets are pure gold! Fine work, you and your team. Fine damned work.

Vague
February 10th, 2023, 05:25
Fantastic work!

Jarec
July 14th, 2023, 14:59
How do I equip a drum or extended magazine. It says it's added to the weapon but when I hit reload it doesn't seem to use the right load value

seansps
July 14th, 2023, 15:05
How do I equip a drum or extended magazine. It says it's added to the weapon but when I hit reload it doesn't seem to use the right load value

Hi! You're referring to our official version, right? (We have a new forum for it over here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?140-Cyberpunk-RED)

Make sure the correct attachment is added to the weapon you have equipped, and make sure you have enough ammo left in your inventory for the selected ammo. Then click reload, and it should work. You can also double check that the extension has the right magazine size. (See screenshot).

seansps
September 14th, 2023, 14:40
Hi everyone, just a quick update: I have de-listed the UNOFFICIAL version of Cyberpunk RED from the Forge. It has deviated too much from Core to be useable, in my opinion, and I have long ago switched all gears to support on the OFFICIAL version: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?76797-Official-Release!-And-What-s-Next

Please consider supporting us by purchasing the official ruleset/core rules module if you have not already, and again, thanks so much to all your support for which the official licensed version would not have been possible!