PDA

View Full Version : Player with only android

Ockin
April 27th, 2020, 00:11
I've got a player who only owns an android tablet. I was wondering what possible solutions you guys could suggest in order to include her in the game. Obviously we are in lockdown right now, so suggesting she go use someone else's computer isn't an option.

The best solution I can think of is I share my screen with screen capture software to her. The issue with that is that she will obviously be able to see any GM stuff that I do. Maybe there's some option to run a demo version on a server, and have that accessible via some sort of stream to her tablet? I don't really know.

Trying to find a solution also made me curious whether there was any plan to introduce any sort of browser compatibility. Being able to just give people a link then can follow, and having all the grunt work happen on the GM's computer would make attracting new players allot easier

Bonkon
April 27th, 2020, 00:36
Good Day Ockin and Welcome :)
There was a discussion before on this, perhaps it might help? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44105-Fantasy-Grounds-works-pretty-good-on-an-Android-Tablet :)

LordEntrails
April 27th, 2020, 01:29
Besides LindseyFan's solution, you can also;
- Start a second instance of FG on your computer, put it on a second screen, and share that screen with her. This does not require you have an Ultimate License or that the second instance have its own FG Standard license.
- If you have another computer, run her player client version of FG from there and then use your favorite remote desktop program to control that PC from the tablet. This solution does require the GM to have an Ultimate license or for the second computer to have a Standard license.