PDA

View Full Version : 5E RFIA Addon - Manual spell/concentration/death saves, NPC support, Contested skill

Houndy
April 26th, 2020, 22:28
5E - Roll For Initiative Addon - Request roll for players/NPCs , manual spell/concentration/death saves for players/NPCs, contested rolls (coming soon)

Hi all,

I am DMing for my group and there are two main things they want:

1. To be able to roll their own spell/concentration saves
2. To be able to do a contested skill check (mainly grapple).

I know there was a lot of original discussion about whether people wanted RFI, but I do want it and this is for my players, so thought I would share also. Looking for feedback, but if you dont want to use it then that is fine by me :).

After using st4lk3r87 's addon Roll For Initiative (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45234-5E-Request-Roll-Extension-WIP ) , i thought it would make a great base for my extension.

st4lk3r87 has kindly given me permission to "improve, use or copy the extension as a separate one" for which I am very grateful!

Video tutorials:
Part 1 PC roll functionality: https://youtu.be/BYSdZMqzGmM
Part 2 NPC roll functionality: https://youtu.be/75HJI7hiibA
Part 3 Override saves: https://youtu.be/Oq41_2kDCpM

I hope that some people get use of it, at very worst I know my players and I will :). Thank you again to st4lk3r87 !!

This is a stand alone extension, DO NOT use for with original RFI extension.

Previous Stable Version (0.17):36307

Latest Version (0.19):36362

Known Differences

This only works for FGU and 5e! (RFI worked for FGC and 5e). This should now work with FGC, it is still 5E only. (I am now doing basic testing in FGC, but please be prepared for a higher chance of bugs than in FGU).
This populates from the Combat Tracker (to allow for NPCs to be added as well as PCs and to help performance with large number of NPCs).
Tutorial disabled.

FGU Fixes

UI for rolls list was not displaying the modifier information - Fixed
Buttons not displaying correctly - Fixed

CHANGELOG

Added button so GM can see rolls if he accidentally closes the rolls list
Added NPCs (can request rolls for multiple NPCs, can request initiative for multiple NPCs) - essential for future work on contest checks
Added option (off by default) for manual saves for concentration/spell saves/ death saves two separate options for NPCs and PCs - now players can click roll rather than be automatic (and if the DM really wants to they can for NPCs if they turn it on).

Modifiers in the main table desktop do not wipe after roll - Fixed
Override save modifiers not always showing on ui - Fixed
Players now have green dot if they have no rolls waiting, red dot if greater than or equal to one roll waiting.

Error when using save from character sheet for override save - Fixed
UI not displaying correcly in 5e theme - Fixed
NPC skill proficiency not working with capital letters - Fixed

Roll window opening size slightly smaller. Allowed to manual size to even smaller.
Fixed grammar issue
Added slash commands to be able to open both the create request, and roll list windows.

New icon graphics added for 5E theme and core side buttons / colored button theme. THANK YOU TO ZUILIN FOR PROVIDING THESE!
Added the option to turn off the RFIA button in the corner if users want to instead just use the slash commands.
Modifier stack in the roll for initiative screen not clearing. - Fixed
Unintendified mobs are revealed to the player on the roll screen - Fixed
Request roll screen no longer uses filters - major update to try help improve speed of opening the window.

Removed accidentally left in debug messages.
Corrected some inconsistencies in the wording.

Should now be compatible with FGC. THANK YOU TO BOKEELIA.

Fixed bug with D100 where it rolled two D10s instead of one.
Added a select random NPC and a select random PC button. Please note, that the limitations of LUA require one second between each button press to make this random.
Added compatibility with Better Menus addon.

Fixed bug on loading in FGC created by release 0.18

UPCOMING

Hide DC from chat when the show DC rolls is set to off (Not possible without overriding too much code for my liking)
Grapple contested button - allows player to instigate grapple contested challenge, resolve it and apply grapple as necessary
Optional use of inspiration point if it's available
Push contested button - allows player to instigate push contested challenge, resolve it and apply grapple as necessary
Use of manual skills
Manual contested button - allows players/DMs to create contest between any abilities/saves/checks that they want.

KNOWN ISSUES

Output check text includes the word "[Effects]" twice. Also want to get rid of the word effects from the roll screen.

COMPATIBILITY LIST (As far as I know, please let me know if issues)

5E Enhancer v0.9.1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51353-5E-Enhancer)
AudioOverseer V1.23 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53583-AudioOverseer-(Audio-Management-Extension))
5E AudioOverseerHelper v0.1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53583-AudioOverseer-(Audio-Management-Extension)/page23)
Druid Wild Shapes V0.0.12 B FGU (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46890-Druid-Wild-Shapes-(for-5E))
BetterMenus.ext V1.5 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58226-Better-Menus-(CoreRPG-5E-etc)) ** Can someone please test this for me, as I do not have FGC up and running.

SCREENSHOTS
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34430&stc=1&d=1587935861

Houndy
April 26th, 2020, 23:03
Reserved for updates

Houndy
April 29th, 2020, 18:22
Bug reporting

Please report bugs using the following form:

Bug Reporting Form

Are you using the latest version of FGU and the extension?

Are you using any other extensions?

What is the problem?

Try to describe the steps to recreate the error.

If possible please copy and paste your console log:

Houndy
April 29th, 2020, 18:22
First release version 0.12 in the original post. Please let me know any issues :)

zuilin
April 29th, 2020, 19:51
Very nice!

Any way the player popup window (Time to Roll) could be narrower? It's very wide.

zuilin
April 29th, 2020, 19:56
Also, for grammar's sake, even in the original RFI extension the button to remove selection of all PC's was called "Unselect all PC's." The correct term is actually "Deselect..."

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/18465/unselect-or-deselect

Would it be possible to change that on next release, please? It will make the product just that much more professional looking.

Keep up the great work!

zuilin
April 30th, 2020, 01:01
I can think of one more thing... a slash command or link so it can be put in a hotbar item for easy access by F-key.

Houndy
April 30th, 2020, 10:51
Hi zuilin, all great suggestions.

I will do an interim release which will implement those three suggestions.

I also noticed that the roll list screen doesnt always come to the top, I am unsure if this is an FGU issue or my extension but will look into it.

Finally, I might test to see if I can make it compatible with Enhancer extension (it might already be, but will look into it).

Thank you!

Houndy
April 30th, 2020, 17:55
0.13 released attached to original post

Roll window opening size slightly smaller. Allowed to manually size to even smaller.
Fixed grammar issue
Added slash commands to be able to open both the create request and roll list windows.

zuilin
April 30th, 2020, 19:45
Fantastic! Great job!

Sasmira
May 2nd, 2020, 15:58
Hi Hi Houndy !

is it possible to convert this extension for PF2 too ?

S.

Houndy
May 3rd, 2020, 15:13
Hi Hi Houndy !

is it possible to convert this extension for PF2 too ?

S.

I know very little about pathfinder. Does it have similar skill system? Does it let you do grapples etc?

If the grapple system is not similar to 5e:

After my 0.2 release I can look into converting my 0.1x release into PF2.

If it is, I can look into converting my 0.2x release into PF2.

Not 100% promise, at the moment I have lots of time but that might change shortly :D

Sasmira
May 4th, 2020, 18:10
I know very little about pathfinder. Does it have similar skill system? Does it let you do grapples etc?

If the grapple system is not similar to 5e:

After my 0.2 release I can look into converting my 0.1x release into PF2.

If it is, I can look into converting my 0.2x release into PF2.

Not 100% promise, at the moment I have lots of time but that might change shortly :D

For me yes, we have skill like 5E or 3.5/PF and grapple
example : https://pf2.easytool.es/index.php?id=2535&name=skill%20actions

Hobo Box
May 4th, 2020, 20:56
BRUH.
Absolute legend. I JUST made a thread asking for exactly this, only to find out you had made this literally just over a week ago. Talk about lucky!

bracken
May 10th, 2020, 13:47
Hi Houndy.

I just wanted to say thanks for this extension. It has made a massive difference to running a campaign. Gone are the endless cycle of my requesting a roll of some sort from one or more players only to go through a lot of "Who me?" chat :D. I am also loving the option to trigger saves for npc's from a player's action. It was really unintuitive for my players who are new to roleplaying that they would cast a spell at a mob ... see a dice roll ... get a 20 and cheer ... only to be reminded that it was the mob's saving throw and not a ranged spell attack roll. This separates out the steps of the action in such a way that it is clear what is happening.

So again, thank you!

Houndy
May 10th, 2020, 19:23
No problem Bracken and Hobo Box, thank you for the thanks :).

Little Update for everyone:

Unfortunately my PC died and its been a bit of a nightmare to get parts/fix it in the pandemic. Have now got my PC up and running and set up.

Was in the middle of improving performance and adding small UI options.

I have also been PMed a bug which I will look at.

I have had to resetup my campaign for my players and that is taking a long time! (From now on have autosynch of campaign data to google drive!!!). But will hopefully get an update out Tuesday/Wednesday :).

Houndy
May 12th, 2020, 17:25
New version:

New icon graphics added for 5E theme and core side buttons / colored button theme. THANK YOU TO ZUILIN FOR PROVIDING THESE!
Added the option to turn off the RFIA button in the corner if users want to instead just use the slash commands.
Modifier stack in the roll for initiative screen not clearing. - Fixed
Unintendified mobs are revealed to the player on the roll screen - Fixed
Request roll screen no longer uses filters - major update to try help improve speed of opening the window.

Houndy
May 13th, 2020, 11:54
Minor update after playing last night and some feedback:

0.16:
- Removed accidentally left in debug messages.
- Corrected some inconsistencies in the wording.

bracken
May 26th, 2020, 21:34
Hi Houndy. I am fully aware that you have decided to write this for FGU. Is that because you are making use of some functionality only in FGU? I only ask because I have had to switch back to using FGC and really don’t want to lose this extension.

bracken
May 27th, 2020, 13:11
Hi Houndy,

I tried loading RFIA in in FGC and it threw an error :( ... but I think I managed to fix it :).

I know you are not intending to support FGC but here is what I found:

An error was raised in scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua. (Script Error: [string "scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua"]:84: getChild: Invalid argument)

The functions getAbilitiesNode, getSavesNode, getSaveoverridesNode, getSkillsNode, getExtrasNode and getDiceNode all report the same problem with the call to DB.getChild. Scanning through the code I could see that all other uses of DB.getChild were of the format:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root", ROLLS);

whereas in the 6 functions above they all use something like:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. ABILITIES);

i.e. one parameter rather than two. Now I have never used Lua before but have and do code in many other languages so I took a punt at changing the calls as follows:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, ABILITIES);

And hey, presto! The extension now appears to work in FGC.

I am guessing that there is a difference in the implementation of DB.getChild between FGC and FGU as FGU obviously does not raise an error.

Anyway, still loving this extension and glad that it appears to work very well in FGC.

ChumSlinger
May 28th, 2020, 03:21
I would very mush like to see this working for FGC. While I have a license to FGU, I haven't moved my current game over to it yet.

bracken
May 28th, 2020, 07:35
Hi ChumSlinger,

It does work with FGC ... as far as I can tell ... if you are willing to spend 5 minutes with a zip utility and a text editor. I'll run you through the steps I performed to get it working.

Rename the 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon.ext file to 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon.zip and extract it into a folder directly under you FGC extensions folder, e.g. ..\extensions\5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon.
Open the file ..\extensions\5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon\scripts \rfia_roll_managager.lua in your text editor.
Change line 84 from return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. ABILITIES); to return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, ABILITIES);
Change line 88 from return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. SAVES); to return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, SAVES);
Change line 92 from return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. SAVEOVERRIDES); to return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, SAVEOVERRIDES);
Change line 96 from return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. SKILLS); to return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, SKILLS);
Change line 100 from return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. EXTRAS); to return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, EXTRAS);
Change line 104 from return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. DICE); to return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, DICE);
Save the file

The folder version of the extension will override any .ext version in the extensions folder.

After doing the above I find that the extension now works in my FGC installation.

ScriedRaven
May 28th, 2020, 12:58
Thanks Bracken, I've been hoping someone would figure out how to modify it for classic.

ChumSlinger
May 28th, 2020, 17:34
Thank you for your suggestion.
I'm trying to implement it but I'm getting the following error: "Script Error: [string "scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua"]:88: getChild: Invalid argument"
Any thoughts?

ScriedRaven
May 28th, 2020, 18:12
Are you testing it with other extensions? If so try it using a new campaign with no other extensions installed, then slowly add in other extensions until you see which ones conflict.

If it's anything like it was for me, then after testing everything none of the extensions will conflict, then when you try reloading it in the first campaign you won't get an error. It was weird.

ChumSlinger
May 28th, 2020, 18:49
Are you testing it with other extensions? If so try it using a new campaign with no other extensions installed, then slowly add in other extensions until you see which ones conflict.

If it's anything like it was for me, then after testing everything none of the extensions will conflict, then when you try reloading it in the first campaign you won't get an error. It was weird.

I've tried loading it in a brand new campaign with no other ext's

bracken
May 28th, 2020, 18:50
Hi Chumslinger,

That error, "getChild: Invalid argument", is the original error I was seeing. The 88 is the line number in the file at which the error occurred.That is one of the lines I suggested needed changing. The fact that it didn't fail at line 84 means that you managed the first edit successfully. I can only suggest you have another look at line 88 and make sure it says:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, SAVES);

Check all the punctuation carefully, having been a software / database developer for well over 30 years I have lost track of the number of times I have studied a piece code "knowing" it was correct only to spot a colon rather than a semi-colon or a missing quote or similar. Anyway, good luck with your edits and I hope you find the error. Failing that you could try cutting and pasting lines 87 to 90 from the file to see if someone can spot what might be going wrong. It is amazing how quickly a second set of eyes can spot a mistake that you overlook because you know what you typed :D.

Bokeelia
May 30th, 2020, 22:58
bracken, I tried as well and get the same error. There was 0 typing as I copied and pasted it. I have rechecked to make sure that your code didn't have a typo in it and it doesn't. Doesn't work.

bracken
May 31st, 2020, 00:02
Hi Bokeelia,

I am going to try and redo everything I did to get it working in FGC to make sure I didn't miss something. (I definitely have it working as I used it on Friday for a lunchtime 5E session with some friends).

Step 1 -> I have just copied my amended version of the extension somewhere else.
Step 2 -> Stuck a new copy of Houndy's extension, version 0.16, from the first post of this thread in the extensions folder of FGC.
Step 3 -> Start a new 5E campaign using this extension and no other.

I get the following error in the console: Script Error: [string "scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua"]:84: getChild: Invalid argument

If I try to load the addon the CHECK, SAVES, DICE, EXTRA and SKILLS lists are all empty.

Step 4 -> Make a copy of 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon.ext in the extensions folder and rename the copy to 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon.zip
Step 5 -> Extract the zip file inside the extensions folder creating a folder called 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon containing the RFIA files.
Step 6 -> delete the zip file as we don't need it any longer
Step 7 -> open the file 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon/scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua in a text editor (I use Sublime Text, but any text editor should be fine)
Step 8 -> find line 84. It contains the following text:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. ABILITIES);

Step 9 -> I replace that text with:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, ABILITIES);

Step 10 -> Save the file.
Step 11 -> Close FGC and restart the same campaign. (A restart is needed to get FGC to switch to using the folder version of the extension rather than the .ext file).

I get the following error in the console: Script Error: [string "scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua"]:88: getChild: Invalid argument

If I try to load the addon the CHECK list is now populated. Hooray, I am getting there!

Step 12 -> Switch back to my editor and amend line 88. It contains the following text:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. SAVES);

Step 13 -> I replace that text with:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, SAVES);

Step 14 -> Looking ahead in the file I can see four more calls to DB.getChild that seem to map to the other lists and bits that are missing. I edit lines 92, 96, 100 and 104.
92 contained:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. SAVEOVERRIDES);

I replace it with:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, SAVEOVERRIDES);

96 contained:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. SKILLS);

I replaced it with:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, SKILLS);

100 contained:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. EXTRAS);

I replaced it with:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, EXTRAS);

104 contained:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. DICE);

I replaced it with:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, DICE);

Step 15 -> I saved the file and switch back to my FGC campaign window.
Step 16 -> In the Chat box I type: /reload

The campaign reloads and this time no console errors are shown. When I try out the addon it all appears to work ... result!

Sorry for the long-winded post. I put this post together as I was doing the steps above. Hopefully someone else can follow them and let me know if these edits work for them. If not I am at a loss to explain how I have got things working.

Good luck and I hope you get this wonderful addon to work.

(If I could work out how to attach a text file to this post I would upload a copy of my edited file)

Bokeelia
May 31st, 2020, 00:55
Thank you. The previous post didn't say to delete the zip file so I had renamed it back to an EXT. That might be my issue but in middle of a session and on our 5 minute break so cannot check at the moment.

Bokeelia
May 31st, 2020, 02:16
Change line 88 from return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. SAVES); to return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, SAVE);

I found the error. In your previous post you left the S off the end of SAVE when it should have said SAVES. Of course I didn't know this because I was following your guide. Your longer guide had the correct spelling and it no longer gives me an error. Thank you.

bracken
May 31st, 2020, 09:52
Well done, Bokeelia.

That is a perfect example of the code blindness I was talking about in an earlier post. I knew I had written SAVES so every time I looked at my post, that is what I saw! It also shows the advantage of the old trick of literally cutting and pasting everything you do into a separate log when trying to track down an error.

I am going to go and edit that earlier post if I can, just in case anyone else gets stalled by it.

Houndy
May 31st, 2020, 17:58
Thank you for this Bokeelia!

I will update this in a release soon. Still being driven crazy from debugging my other extension.

Will do this one evening this week.

zuilin
May 31st, 2020, 19:11
Does the "fixed for FGC" version also work in FGU? If so, then we could ask Houndy to include the changes in the release version--but only if it works in both FGC and FGU as this version of RFIA+ is his FGU modified version.

bracken
May 31st, 2020, 19:44
Hi, zuilin. Yes, it does. The only thing stopping it from working in FGC is, as far as I was able to tell, is a difference in behaviour between the DB.getChild function in FGC and FGU. All I did was change those lines to match the declared specification in the API documentation. Houndy's code uses that FGC friendly way of using that function in a number of other places in the code. I am guessing that in FGU you can get away without supplying the second parameter and it still works. Maybe the FGU API documentation should be updated to list that parameter as optional if that is expected behaviour.

Houndy
May 31st, 2020, 20:44
Have just updated so that it should work with FGC with Bokeelia's suggestions.

Please let me know if any issues.

Houndy
May 31st, 2020, 22:00
Another quick update:

Fixed bug with D100 where it rolled two D10s instead of one.
Added a select random NPC and a select random PC button. Please note, that the limitations of LUA require one second between each button press to make this random.
Possibly added compatibility with Better Menus addon, but cannot test this myself as I do not run FGC, so will need someone else to please!

Bokeelia
June 1st, 2020, 04:02
Houndry,

The Better Menu now shows RFIA. Thanks for fixing that as I had disabled Better Menu's due to it not showing up. The extension is now throwing out some errors upon loading in.

Script Error: [string "RFIA_CreateRequest:select_random_pc_button"]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>'
Script Error: [string "RFIA_CreateRequest:select_random_npc_button"]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>'
Runtime Notice: s'Adding new Golarion based languages...'
Runtime Notice: s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding custom menu--->' | s'rMenu' | { s'sPath' = s'RFIA_Root', s'sButtonCustomText' = s'RFIA', s'sToolTip' = s'RFIA_window_title', s'sRecord' = s'RFIA_CreateRequest' }
Runtime Notice: s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding custom menu--->' | s'rMenu' | { s'sPath' = s'', s'sToolTip' = s'sidebar_tooltip_moduleselection', s'sRecord' = s'moduleselection' }
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (icon)

Houndy
June 1st, 2020, 07:23
Thanks Bokeelia,

I will look into getting fgc tonight, that's gonna be easier way. As long as I can test for free, I will start testing in FGC also.

For now the previous version will work, just won't support the menu add on.

jackkerouac
June 1st, 2020, 14:57
Bug (?) Report:

Are you using the latest version of FGU and the extension?
Nope! Using the latest version of FGC and the extension.

Are you using any other extensions?
Tried it with both other extensions and none. Same error.

What is the problem?
Get an error on load, but all the functionality seems to work.

Try to describe the steps to recreate the error.
Loaded the game, as per normal.

If possible please copy and paste your console log:

Awesome extension. Like I said above, despite the error, everything seems to be working fine.

Houndy
June 1st, 2020, 19:06
Thank you all - should now be fixed.

From now on I will do some basic tests in FGC as well (although wont be as extensive as testing in FGU), so at least there shouldn't be errors on running it or basic stuff when I do a new release.

Rades
June 1st, 2020, 20:12
Very cool, I know my players have sometimes wished they could roll their own saves - this is perfect!

dotsoncs
June 1st, 2020, 22:34
Really appreciate your work on this! Players love rolling their own saves.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up on incompatibilities with a couple of Kent Mcullough's extensions when the Manual Save Rolls NPC and/or Manual Save Rolls PC are set to Yes.

Automatic Halfling Luck
Automatic Save Advantage

I suspect that the above extensions are trapping for Saving Throws and causing the incompatibility. You might want to reach out as he's been very open to working with other modders to fix issues. Again, not a huge deal but felt you'd like to know.

Rades
June 2nd, 2020, 00:08
My players who connect to my board are receiving this script error upon loading in.

Script Error: [string "scripts/rfia_extension_manager.lua"]:32: attempt to index a nil value

I am not receiving this error on my end on startup, just other people, so unfortunately I can't really trial-and-error to see if this is being caused by another extension. (Though given that line 32 of rfia_extension_manager.lua is something to do with Themes, and I DO have the 5e Theme - Disable Dragon Heads and 5e Theme - Wizards extensions enabled, I'm guessing one of them might be the conflict?)

In any case, the actual RFIA extension seems to work just fine, it just pops up the script error on login.

Newf72
June 2nd, 2020, 16:26
One thing I noticed with moving to VTT's during these crazy times, is maintaining player agency. I really enjoy FG(U) for the automation it brings to gameplay, but this extension is an excellent way to help keep the players engaged with their characters (if you want to that is...). Love it...well done and thank you!

0m0n
June 2nd, 2020, 21:34
One thing I noticed with moving to VTT's during these crazy times, is maintaining player agency. I really enjoy FG(U) for the automation it brings to gameplay, but this extension is an excellent way to help keep the players engaged with their characters (if you want to that is...). Love it...well done and thank you!

I agree. The biggest "what the" my party had when we moved to Fantasy Grounds because we couldn't meeting in person anymore was getting our heads around saves being rolled auto. This extension should really be core functionality

mattekure
June 3rd, 2020, 14:40
Feature request. Could you add a "Select Random PC" and "Select Random NPC" button to the interface? sometimes as a DM I need to randomly select one target from many and that would help tremendously.

jackkerouac
June 5th, 2020, 14:58
Here's a weird one for you. Any idea why the window looks like this? The functionality works perfectly, no worries, but it looks ... odd.

Bonkon
June 5th, 2020, 16:37
Here's a weird one for you. Any idea why the window looks like this? The functionality works perfectly, no worries, but it looks ... odd.

Good Day Jackkerouar :)
Not sure what looks odd in your pic except for the stat "COS" where it should say "CON" :)

jackkerouac
June 5th, 2020, 17:25
Good Day Jackkerouar :)
Not sure what looks odd in your pic except for the stat "COS" where it should say "CON" :)

All of the frame background is missing. Is that what it is supposed to look like? Might look a little nicer if it picked up the 'light brown' color and used it as a background.

Klandare
June 5th, 2020, 19:18
is there any way for a DM to add in additional Skills? Things like Thieves' Tools and other Tools that can be added to the Skills section on a character sheet.

Callum Miechel
June 6th, 2020, 11:17
There is a conflict with the better menus extension.

I would love for this to be resolved as both extensions are excellent.

*** Never mind, it is working fine. I still had version 18 ***

SirMotte
June 8th, 2020, 19:16
Hey Houndy,
since loadorder seems to work in FGU now, your extensions value of 99 is rather excessive. Do you think you could lower this a little to make room for e.g. Themes? Or rather is 99 the top limit?

Cheers
SirMotte

mattekure
June 8th, 2020, 19:36
Hey Houndy,
since loadorder seems to work in FGU now, your extensions value of 99 is rather excessive. Do you think you could lower this a little to make room for e.g. Themes? Or rather is 99 the top limit?

Cheers
SirMotte

Load order defaults to 0 unless specified. So many authors set it to 99 to load after everything else. The documentation doesnt give a max.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/272465927/Developer+Guide+-+Extensions+-+Files

SirMotte
June 8th, 2020, 19:52
Load order defaults to 0 unless specified. So many authors set it to 99 to load after everything else. The documentation doesnt give a max.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/272465927/Developer+Guide+-+Extensions+-+Files

Ah thanks a lot, I'll adjust my Theme accordingly! Cheers!

grimmlock
June 8th, 2020, 21:09
I know this is super nitpicky, but it was around with the old version of the extension, too, and drives me batty.

Constitution is usually abbreviated CON and not COS.

I know that you might have your own angle on this, and it could be a cute one, but hopefully the length of the change isn't too bad.

mattekure
June 10th, 2020, 00:58
Got this as a player in our session tonight. It seems if you dont have one of your defined themes it throws the error.

https://imgur.com/qYsHCBu.jpg

Rades
June 10th, 2020, 04:22
I know this is super nitpicky, but it was around with the old version of the extension, too, and drives me batty.

Constitution is usually abbreviated CON and not COS.

I know that you might have your own angle on this, and it could be a cute one, but hopefully the length of the change isn't too bad.

This is a very quick file edit if you want to make it for your own game (which is what I did upon noticing this). Within the scripts folder is the rfia_roll_manager.lua file. There are two instances of "COS" within this file (lines 174 & 181) that you can just change to CON instead and that's it. Tested it on the board and it doesn't appear to break anything!

eriktedesco
June 10th, 2020, 19:38
Hi Houndy, I'm pretty much new to the world of FG. I really like this extension since it allows the player to be more active during the game.

However I have some issues with the overrride functionality. For example, when my PG gets injured with a melee attack while holding the concentration for a spell, the save roll is done by FG. The dot in the PG icon in RFIA become red but no windows requesting for the concentration (con) save pops up. Then, if I request a con save, in the PG screen pops up a window requesting for the con save AND the concentration (con) save overide roll.

I'm running FGU (latest update 06/09/2020) via a bunch (quite a lot actually) of extensions. The trial was performed with kent automatic save advantage turned off.

Any insight on that?

eriktedesco
June 11th, 2020, 18:38
Am I the only one with this issue?

Agamon
June 11th, 2020, 21:38
I'm running FGU (latest update 06/09/2020) via a bunch (quite a lot actually) of extensions. The trial was performed with kent automatic save advantage turned off.

Have you tried recreating it with all of the other extensions turned off?

Kingfish
June 11th, 2020, 21:51
Got this as a player in our session tonight. It seems if you dont have one of your defined themes it throws the error.

Same here. I tried it out on two of my servers Sat night and it all worked like a charm. Come the 9th and its bugged...don't really understand what happened.

EDIT: My issues are caused by this extension not wanting to play with Automatic Save Advantage, Automatic Shield Mastery, and Halfling Luck all by Kent McCullough. What I'm seeing is a Console window and it reads:
Script Error: [String "scripts/stats.lua"]:298: attempt to index field '?' [a nil value]

I don't know if this helps, it reads like martian to me but, I'm not a programmer either ;)

0m0n
June 25th, 2020, 07:37
Same here. I tried it out on two of my servers Sat night and it all worked like a charm. Come the 9th and its bugged...don't really understand what happened.

EDIT: My issues are caused by this extension not wanting to play with Automatic Save Advantage, Automatic Shield Mastery, and Halfling Luck all by Kent McCullough. What I'm seeing is a Console window and it reads:
Script Error: [String "scripts/stats.lua"]:298: attempt to index field '?' [a nil value]

I don't know if this helps, it reads like martian to me but, I'm not a programmer either ;)

I'm seeing the same with Kent McCullough (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?62515-kentmccullough)'s Automatic Save Advantage and Automatic Shield Mastery extension. The save isn't being intercepted and rolls the die but then get the following error in the chat window [WARNING] ( rollOverrideRequestId not found)

Kent has been pretty good with other devs in fixing compatibility so hopefully he can help with this one.

Kingfish
June 25th, 2020, 21:47
Well, as they say, "misery loves company"...I am glad I am not the only one who is seeing this. I have had to disable all those I listed and I'm still getting an "OverrideRoll" warning when it comes time for a Death Saving Throw but, at least I have everything else working. Just sucks to have to choose between letting my players "feel" like they are making their own Saving Throws or having my Halfling auto reroll 1's. I should be more careful on what I buy I guess...

Hopefully Kent will address this but I've been watching his Discord Channel and even posted this info again there but nothing...we will see.

mordkhaan
June 28th, 2020, 22:07
While the misery is being shared around... :)
FG Classic, using Better Menus 1.6 and either 5e Roll for Initiative or this your lovely Enhanced Version
Am getting this error for users
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:308: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)
This is with only the 2 extensions in question loaded and only happens for players, IE if player not logged on, I get popup fine on GM side

BronzeDodger
July 1st, 2020, 08:02
A script error and strange 'double-counting' effect bug - hopefully this link will point to my troubleshooting thread:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59596-FGC-Effects-coding-possibly-breaking-due-to-old-extension-Unrelated-script-error

EDD1501
July 9th, 2020, 20:32
I'm joining the Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:308: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value) train lol
Hope everything's fine with the dev, and hope this get fixed soon, I love this extension.

BronzeDodger
July 16th, 2020, 16:29
Ran with "Better Menus" extension for the first time last night and the original RFI extension just threw an error for the players when I tried to prompt a roll. So taking another crack with this one. It does prompt the rolls thanks heavens - but the script errors remain. I have about a dozen extensions loaded so could certainly be an incompatibility and if listing them would shed any light I'm game.

This was on first entry (on a client):

Script Error: [string "scripts/rfia_extension_manager.lua"]:32: attempt to index a nil value
Runtime Notice: s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding custom menu--->' | s'rMenu' | { s'sPath' = s'', s'sToolTip' = s'sidebar_tooltip_moduleselection', s'sRecord' = s'moduleselection' }
Runtime Notice: s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding custom menu--->' | s'rMenu' | { s'sPath' = s'', s'sButtonCustomText' = s'Setup', s'sToolTip' = s'menu_setup_tooltip', s'sRecord' = s'setup' }

I tried a few rolls and they all worked - so the script errors do not seem to be broken. But at random I tried a d100 roll and got another one:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:308: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)

The other piece that remains is the double-counting of effect if "Manual Save" is enabled in Options.
On the Combat Tracker I have a dummy PC with this showing: Effects:Save:1

With Manual Save "off" it rolls as expected (showing the +1).
But with Manual Save "on" it double-counts the effect, giving you a +2 to the roll.

Bug reports aside - just want to say thanks for the work in creating this. Being able to not just trigger rolls for one or all, but having them be hidden, has become such a reflex that it felt like a big step down when we couldn't do it. I'm no coder so can't begin to troubleshoot - so just wanted to say thanks for all the time and effort putting this together.

EDIT: not sure what in the world changed but now triggering any roll throws:

(this is about 10-minutes after original post) - if I can figure out a pattern I'll add it.

eriktedesco
July 21st, 2020, 21:27
Is someone still working on this extension?

Ludd_G
July 21st, 2020, 22:48
Hi,

I was wondering if there was any chance of getting this amazing addon to play nice with kentmccullough's Automatic Halfling Luck extension? When I activate Halfling Luck, RFIA just stop working, so I'm not able to use Halfling Luck at the moment.

Also it'd be great if kentmccullough's Automatic Death Resistance (which happily works alongside RFIA) was able to throw the saving throws to RFIA as an option, rather than just complete them in the background. I'm especially loving his automation of Undead Fortitude with this extension, but miss the option of using RFIA to drag the tension out with an explicit die roll, if that makes sense?

Anyway, love this addon, it really adds a lot to play. Thanks!

Simon

Kingfish
July 22nd, 2020, 02:50
Is someone still working on this extension?

I do wonder...I've reported it and joined kent's Discord channel, even posted something there in hopes of getting any kind of answer but nothing. I'm sure they are all very busy but it'd be nice to know we are still being heard.

dustem
August 10th, 2020, 01:16

Fixed bug on loading in FGC created by release 0.18

According to the change log the current version is 0.19, but the download attachment says 0.18 and when loaded in FGC it also states v0.18. Does anyone have v0.19, or know where to find it? I'm running into the issue that v0.19 fixed, so would be very beneficial.

Or, if someone knows how I can fix it myself.

Edit: The issue I'm seeing is the below. I turned off all other extensions and I get that upon starting up my campaign.

Script Error: [string "select_random_pc_button"]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>'
Script Error: [string "select_random_npc_button"]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>'

0m0n
August 10th, 2020, 02:17
According to the change log the current version is 0.19, but the download attachment says 0.18 and when loaded in FGC it also states v0.18. Does anyone have v0.19, or know where to find it? I'm running into the issue that v0.19 fixed, so would be very beneficial.

Or, if someone knows how I can fix it myself.

Edit: The issue I'm seeing is the below. I turned off all other extensions and I get that upon starting up my campaign.

It is further up the page on the first post (Not at the bottom). "Latest Version (0.19): 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext"

dustem
August 10th, 2020, 06:19
It is further up the page on the first post (Not at the bottom). "Latest Version (0.19): 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext"

Thanks!

Raddu
August 17th, 2020, 21:26
Love this extension!

Request for Feature: Roll non standard Ability+Skill combo, allow for any combination of Ability Score and SKill check.

arcanjl
August 27th, 2020, 19:07
I love this extension too :)

Bonkon
August 28th, 2020, 17:38
Love this extension!

Request for Feature: Roll non standard Ability+Skill combo, allow for any combination of Ability Score and SKill check.

Good Day Raddu :)
Can't you just roll an Ability Check and use the modifier to add the characters Proficiency bonus? :)

Critical Failure
September 24th, 2020, 20:20
Been trying to use this with my campaign. It works fine on my end but when my players connect and I send them a roll request the roll window never opens. No errors just never pops up for them. They can manually use the chat command to view the window and click the button to make their roll and that works fine. However, the window closes after each roll queue is emptied so it forces the players to keep using the text command to view the roll window.

So I guess if either the window could stop automatically closing or it could actually open across network sessions that would be fantastic.

LordEntrails
September 24th, 2020, 21:14
Been trying to use this with my campaign. It works fine on my end but when my players connect and I send them a roll request the roll window never opens. No errors just never pops up for them. They can manually use the chat command to view the window and click the button to make their roll and that works fine. However, the window closes after each roll queue is emptied so it forces the players to keep using the text command to view the roll window.

So I guess if either the window could stop automatically closing or it could actually open across network sessions that would be fantastic.
Welcome :)

I think Houndy is going to need to know some more specifics to help resolve this. What version of FG are you using? Are you using any other extensions? Which ones? Do you have the latest version of this extension?

Critical Failure
September 25th, 2020, 01:06
Welcome :)

I think Houndy is going to need to know some more specifics to help resolve this. What version of FG are you using? Are you using any other extensions? Which ones? Do you have the latest version of this extension?

Hey. Sorry, yeah. We're all on the latest of FGU and using the latest of the RFIA extension, I believe 0.19 (also tried 0.18). The only other extension is the better UI menu extension and it is the latest version as well.

ShaunB
September 27th, 2020, 22:13
Working great in FGU. This really streamlines GMing, thanks :)

lazjen
September 28th, 2020, 04:59
I've pointed out this extension to our DM in the hope that we get it for our game.

Would it be possible to add a button for "passive check" so it can be applied for any skill, not just the perception currently on the party sheet? So, for example, the DM might want to see at a glance the 10 + X result for the whole party. We're using this rule as a way to save some rolling for DCs that might be routine/obvious/repetitive checks for the group overall to speed up overall play. (We've got other things in place to not completely take way player agency, btw).

The way I see it for this to work, is that the roll result (as per the RAW) is automatically 10, and the results printed in the console appropriately for the selected characters (also taking into account the hidden option).

zuilin
September 28th, 2020, 15:22
I've pointed out this extension to our DM in the hope that we get it for our game.

Would it be possible to add a button for "passive check" so it can be applied for any skill, not just the perception currently on the party sheet? So, for example, the DM might want to see at a glance the 10 + X result for the whole party. We're using this rule as a way to save some rolling for DCs that might be routine/obvious/repetitive checks for the group overall to speed up overall play. (We've got other things in place to not completely take way player agency, btw).

The way I see it for this to work, is that the roll result (as per the RAW) is automatically 10, and the results printed in the console appropriately for the selected characters (also taking into account the hidden option).

I think that passive checks are built into the Party Sheet, are they not? (I don't use them very often.)

zuilin
September 28th, 2020, 15:23
Hey. Sorry, yeah. We're all on the latest of FGU and using the latest of the RFIA extension, I believe 0.19 (also tried 0.18). The only other extension is the better UI menu extension and it is the latest version as well.

I think it might be Better Menu doing this. Have you tested without it?

lazjen
September 28th, 2020, 23:29
I think that passive checks are built into the Party Sheet, are they not? (I don't use them very often.)

I'm not familiar with the GM side of the party sheet interface, but looking at the docs I'm not sure it handles more than Perception? Plus it doesn't have the wonderful skills setup and options this extension has.

Hmm, I suppose I could look at what it would take to extend this extension. :)

anathemort
September 29th, 2020, 02:15
This is a really fantastic enhancement to the original RFI! I was just looking for something that would let my PCs roll their own saves and your adaptation of it is fantastic. Thanks for your hard work!

zuilin
September 29th, 2020, 02:30
I'm not familiar with the GM side of the party sheet interface, but looking at the docs I'm not sure it handles more than Perception? Plus it doesn't have the wonderful skills setup and options this extension has.

Hmm, I suppose I could look at what it would take to extend this extension. :)

I helped Houndy with some changes and some icons and such a while back. The big problem right now is I can’t seem to get a hold of Houndy. If you wanted to expand on this extension, you would need his permission.

lazjen
September 29th, 2020, 04:42
I helped Houndy with some changes and some icons in such a wild back problem the big problem right now is I can’t seem to get a hold of Houndy. If you wanted to expand on this extension, you would need his permission.

Oh, for sure, if I wanted to release any changes I did. I haven't looked into how it all works with extensions development yet, so I'm not sure what's required or if it's possible to do what I want.

I'm not in a rush anyway, since if our group wants to use it, we'll try this version first and see how we like it, etc before progressing any further.

dmbrown
October 4th, 2020, 02:37
I can confirm that this conflicts with Better Menu and will not work when the two are loaded.

viviolay
October 5th, 2020, 07:24
I can confirm that this conflicts with Better Menu and will not work when the two are loaded.

Just writing to confirm this - when I unloaded my Better Menus extension then this one worked but otherwise my players did not get the pop up to roll their own saves. using FGU

arcanjl
October 5th, 2020, 17:17
Good day!
I am not sure if you are aware of Mad Nomad’s new extension “Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater”
(https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327667/Mad-Nomads-3rd-Party-Updater)

Anyhoo, in order for your awesome extension to work with it, it has 2 requirements.
1) The extension version has to show up in the extension’s Tooltips
2) The version numbering can only go one decimal deep. (1.4 is ok, 1.4.1 is not)
Thank you so much for your consideration in assisting in this awesome add-on!
Gabe

EllivasKram
October 8th, 2020, 11:30
Anyone tell me if this EXTN plays nice with FGU and the rob2e development teams EXTN’s.

diabloBob’s CAE specifically and MadNoMad character sheet tweaks/Effects EXTN etc.

MysticArthas
October 10th, 2020, 22:23
Just found that you've taken over development and I really like the new version. There is one request I have. In my games I use the optional ability stat Sanity implemented in the extensiondamned created here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38876-5E-Sanity-Extension-Help/page2) Would you be able to add this.

EllivasKram
October 10th, 2020, 22:24
Ok seems to have issues with Kent McCullough’s extensions.

Auto Halfling luck and save advantage.

Shame.

Ludd_G
October 11th, 2020, 10:37
Hi EllivasKram,

If you pop over to the Kent's channel on the Rob2e Discord ( https://discord.gg/wmQAhB ) and let him know what issues you're having I'm sure he'll try to help. I was having some issues with those 2 extensions as well but hadn't been able to quantify yet what the exact issues were to tell Kent.

I'd hate to lose the use of this extension and I'm hoping the original creator returns or that someone else takes over to keep it compatible with all the great new Rob2e Team extensions.

Cheers

Simon

EllivasKram
October 11th, 2020, 21:55
Edited the load order of this EXTN to 2001. So it loaded after ‘AutoSaveAdvantage’ @1000 and ‘AutoHalflingLuck’ @99

RFI++. Is normally @99

Tested and Auto rerolling luck works as does TYPEADV: or ADVSAVTYPE: Etc.

Known Issue is with "Better Menus" - This Extn probably needs to be @ 3001 to always process last.. But Guessing - I've asked Celestron to comment. Author of "Better MENUS"

eriktedesco
October 11th, 2020, 21:59
I don't know How to do that, but I'd like to use this extension!

If you could modify the load order, could you do that, please?

Thanks a lot!

Erik

Ludd_G
October 12th, 2020, 17:03
Hi Ellivas, I'd also love to grab your edited version if at all possible? I know you can't edit the original post, but could you post it in a message here as a compatibility update? I don't think that would be treading on anyone's toes, and I'd love to be able to use this most useful of extensions alongside Halfling Luck and Save Advantage.

Thank loads for doing this!

Simon

EllivasKram
October 12th, 2020, 17:37
OK - Uploaded v0.19.1

Modification to Load Order See post #96

Ludd_G
October 12th, 2020, 17:39
Wonderful! Thanks muchly!

mjdawn
October 13th, 2020, 14:16
The Roll For Initiative addon isn't working in my sessions. When opening in a DM session with no PC's logged in, it works fine. But when PC's join, it no longer works.

EllivasKram
October 13th, 2020, 17:02
Not even prompting for roll when pc’s click on icon in top right for RFI++

mjdawn
October 13th, 2020, 17:07
I see in this thread that there is a v0.19.1 version. Where can I find that to download?

Bonkon
October 13th, 2020, 17:50
Good Day MJDawn :)
Look on page 10 post #96 for that. :)

Bonkon
October 13th, 2020, 17:52
I see in this thread that there is a v0.19.1 version. Where can I find that to download?

Good Day MJDawn :)
If I remember right this extension draws the information from the Combat Tracker. Have the PCs been placed there? The original version drew from the Party Sheet. :)

mjdawn
October 13th, 2020, 19:37
Thanks so much for your help! I downloaded the version from reply entry #96. When looking at the chat log, it says that it loaded version 0.19.01. Not 0.19.1. I am placing the PC's from the Combat Tracker. And when loading my campaign, I also deselected extensions for Halfling Luck, Turned Based Effects and Automatic Save Advantage. Upon it still not working, I restarted the campaign with all extensions deselected and then RFIA worked. So it's not playing nice with an extension I have.

EllivasKram
October 13th, 2020, 20:03
You got my edited version. It just loads to execute after the ‘Auto halfling luck’ and ‘Auto save advantage’. @ load order 1001

Upload your console.log from FGU folder. It’s the easiest way to confirm the list of extns.

Or just list them. I use only Rob2e teams extns and dice tower.

mjdawn
October 13th, 2020, 20:23
Thanks again for your continued help. Sorry I'm a new user and this is the first time I've tried to upload a file, apologies if this isn't working correctly...

EllivasKram
October 13th, 2020, 22:42
First of all - Do not load "Critically Awesome Essentials Module - 5e Player Tools" if your the DM Don't load this MOD - Players (Clients) load this MOD.

Secondly - You have lots of Extensions. Including the "Better Menus" - Which I do not use - But you might want to try not loading to see if its the issue with the issue of PC clients "Roll Requests" windows not popping up.

I'm experimenting my end - Ii'll post an update if I find anything

mjdawn
October 13th, 2020, 23:15
Yeah the "Better Menus" extension is the culprit. Turned that off and RFIA works fine. Thanks for taking the time to figure that out.

EllivasKram
October 14th, 2020, 07:07
Are you going to mention this to celestian

mjdawn
October 14th, 2020, 11:06
Sorry I don’t know who that is. Is there a protocol I should be following?

EllivasKram
October 14th, 2020, 11:36
Posted on the ‘Better Menu’ forum page for you.

lazjen
October 23rd, 2020, 00:16
Not sure if it's been mentioned previously in this thread, but the use of "COS" instead of "CON" bugged me, so I fixed it for myself

If you want to do the same change, here's the steps:

1. Extract "scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua" from the ext file (it's a zip file)
2. Edit the file and change "COS" to "CON"
3. Put the file back in the ext zip.

A rough cmdline guideline using Linux:

mkdir tmp
cd tmp
unzip 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext
mv 5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext ..

...edit the scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua file

zip -fr ../5e_Roll_For_Initiative_Addon_V0.19.ext .

Minethulhu
November 1st, 2020, 01:17
I don't know if this would be a feature request to this extension or a new extension, but the UI would at least look nearly identical...

I often find myself needing to apply damage ad-hoc for various reasons:

* falling
* players messing with magic they shouldn't
* traps
* etc.

If these are unexpected elements within a game, I don't usually have something already setup to inflict the damage. The UI and functionality of this extension would be perfect for this:

allow me to select PCs / NPCs from the combat tracker
allow me to specify a saving throw (if any) and save for half/none
allow me to select number and type of damage die
allow me to select a damage type

Then just click roll and have it done auto-magically. It's a not a huge problem to do this manually, but there's always:

* the player that is not paying attention meaning the DM may need to apply the damage
* the fumble fingered player that mistypes their wounds (again) and can't recall what they had taken previously (again)
* the player that is slow, meaning the DM and the slow player may both apply the damage
* if it involves a lot of NPCs, it becomes a pain

All of this requires more work for the DM than it should and can result in some dumb arguments.

eporrini
December 1st, 2020, 18:34
I am in the process of testing this extension for possible use in my game. I notice (in testing) that when I drop a save from a character sheet into the box, a message appears WARNING (rollOverrideRequestId not found). It then moves the roll into the extension. Is this normal?

Agamon
December 2nd, 2020, 16:52
I am in the process of testing this extension for possible use in my game. I notice (in testing) that when I drop a save from a character sheet into the box, a message appears WARNING (rollOverrideRequestId not found). It then moves the roll into the extension. Is this normal?

No, the extension doesn't appear to be working with the current version of FGU.

Klandare
December 2nd, 2020, 17:07
No, the extension doesn't appear to be working with the current version of FGU.

is it not working at all with the current version of FGU or is it if you are also using Better Menus?

eporrini
December 2nd, 2020, 18:04
is it not working at all with the current version of FGU or is it if you are also using Better Menus?

I am using better menus, but even after disabling the better menus extension this does not seem to be working correctly. Can anyone else confirm this IS working for them?

Tatas
December 2nd, 2020, 18:15
I do get the same warning, but as far as I can tell the functionality is working correctly.

eporrini
December 2nd, 2020, 20:22
I do get the same warning, but as far as I can tell the functionality is working correctly.

I just rant some tests and I was able to get the extension mostly working without Better Menus installed. That said, when I watch the tutorial the extension is supposed to "intercept" rolls from players and force them into the roll screen of this extension, which does not work. A player can roll anything they want on their own and it bypasses the extension. That's also where I see that error box popping up. I hope this can be updated to play nice with Better Menus and fix whatever else seems to be a little wonky, I can see myself using this if it worked smoothly.

EllivasKram
December 2nd, 2020, 22:47

I believe this extension is now having issues processing (C) concentration checks. When a PC is hit for example.

It throws up the (rollOverrideRequestId not found) errors every time.

EllivasKram
December 2nd, 2020, 23:37
Actually on testing issue with error is when you have SETTING “Manual Save Rolls NPC” set to off.

So you have to have manual rolling pop ups for players and DM’s to have this extn work propery.

lazjen
December 4th, 2020, 08:15
Actually on testing issue with error is when you have SETTING “Manual Save Rolls NPC” set to off.

So you have to have manual rolling pop ups for players and DM’s to have this extn work propery.

I can confirm this too.

Ludd_G
December 10th, 2020, 23:08
Has anyone noticed that with just this extension active, if you make a roll from the Save boxes on the main/first tab of the pc sheet, that any modifications to the roll from the combat tracker (I was using 1/2 Cover giving me +2 to Dex Saves in this test) get's counted twice? It gives the +2 on the main banner to click for the save roll, but also add +2 mod in a little box below it, thus doubling the modification. I hope I explained that well enough?

nephranka
December 11th, 2020, 01:09
Has anyone noticed that with just this extension active, if you make a roll from the Save boxes on the main/first tab of the pc sheet, that any modifications to the roll from the combat tracker (I was using 1/2 Cover giving me +2 to Dex Saves in this test) get's counted twice? It gives the +2 on the main banner to click for the save roll, but also add +2 mod in a little box below it, thus doubling the modification. I hope I explained that well enough?

I can confirm the doubling from the CT. When you do a manual request everything seems to be in order.

Ludd_G
December 11th, 2020, 10:27
It's such a shame as I think that this extension has been the single biggest quality of life improvement to my running of the game, but I can see having these kinds of issues will become ever more frustrating to keep an eye on during a session. I hope someone knowledgeable enough with coding decides to take this extension on and keep it going. I would happily pay (as I do for many of the most invaluable mods and extensions) to keep this a going concern.

Cheers,

Simon

Agamon
December 11th, 2020, 15:39
Agreed. As much as I like the Better Menus extension, if I have to chose between the two, this one wins, hands down.

nephranka
December 11th, 2020, 15:49
Same here. I let Better Menus go because this one is that important to my group. We are still using this v19 but not for combat. I have turned off the save overrides.

Klandare
December 11th, 2020, 15:56
Unfortunately, I would have to go the other way and keep Better Menus just because of the window space. One of my players uses a laptop and with the map and other things trying to be open; being able to get rid of all the buttons makes things more useful.

I do love this extension and really hope that some of the current issues can be resolved.

eporrini
December 11th, 2020, 19:02
I am in the same situation as the rest of you. I really like better menus and I think this extension is great. That said, with current list of bugs in this one I can't use it as it stands. I really hope either the original developer or another developer picks this up and gives it some care and feeding.

Rolileo Rolilei
December 16th, 2020, 16:37
Thank you so much, Houndy, this will be extremely usefull!

MrDDT
December 17th, 2020, 06:27
Unfortunately, I would have to go the other way and keep Better Menus just because of the window space. One of my players uses a laptop and with the map and other things trying to be open; being able to get rid of all the buttons makes things more useful.

I do love this extension and really hope that some of the current issues can be resolved.

RFI++ works with Better Menus now.

Klandare
December 17th, 2020, 15:04

Was this extension updated or was the Better menus one updated (I really wish there was a much simpler way to figure out if all of these extensions from the forums have been updated or not).

grimmlock
December 17th, 2020, 15:33

I just tested myself, and it does not. Sure, you get windows as a GM, but still no popups for the players.

MrDDT
December 17th, 2020, 18:36
Was this extension updated or was the Better menus one updated (I really wish there was a much simpler way to figure out if all of these extensions from the forums have been updated or not).

I'm using this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56994-5E-RFIA-Addon-Manual-spell-concentration-death-saves-NPC-support-Contested-skill&p=548635&viewfull=1#post548635

Update, (which says it's on the first page but not at the bottom)
I did edit the file also to change the COS to say CON (as stated in a post here in this thread)

Better Menus was updated not long ago.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58226-Better-Menus-(CoreRPG-5E-etc)

I just tested myself, and it does not. Sure, you get windows as a GM, but still no popups for the players.

I get the window as a GM if I'm doing it for something the GM is controlling, like NPCs or a PC controlled by the GM. However also my players are getting it.
You can see the in the picture this is NOT the GM because in the combat tracker it doesn't have the options it would for a GM.
Most likely you are not using the newest versions of these exts.
See picture attached.

Ludd_G
December 17th, 2020, 18:40
Are you not seeing the issue with RFI doubling up any modifications to the roll that are applied to the character on the combat tracker? I've had to stop using it for this reason.

MrDDT
December 17th, 2020, 19:10
Are you not seeing the issue with RFI doubling up any modifications to the roll that are applied to the character on the combat tracker? I've had to stop using it for this reason.

I'm not seeing it cause the issue you listed a few posts ago. I tried adding to the mod, the cover, the SAVE: 5 dexterity code on the player, all of them come out correct.

Feel free to add me on discord (anyone can)
@MrDDT#0001

I'm also in Fantasy Grounds discord so you likely can just msg me directly there if you don't want to send a friend request.

nephranka
December 17th, 2020, 21:02
Here is an example of the double effect.

The first roll was just a normal dex save (2 from dex). All is good.

The second roll and the window in the center show a [cover +2] twice. The center window shows a +4 (2 for cover and 2 for dex) in the box but the bar above it shows an additional [+2 cover] which is causing the doubling. This only affects auto save override with modifiers in the CT. If I request a save then all is calculated correctly.

nephranka
December 17th, 2020, 21:04
I tried Better menus and RFA++ and they seem to be working together now. This is great! Thanks!

MrDDT
December 17th, 2020, 21:37
Here is an example of the double effect.

The first roll was just a normal dex save (2 from dex). All is good.

The second roll and the window in the center show a [cover +2] twice. The center window shows a +4 (2 for cover and 2 for dex) in the box but the bar above it shows an additional [+2 cover] which is causing the doubling. This only affects auto save override with modifiers in the CT. If I request a save then all is calculated correctly.

Is this still doing it? Because I can't make it happen.

I goto RFIA++ and request a save roll with the player clicking "cover" and putting +2 in the mods, it comes out +9 (+5 for prof +2 cover + 2 mod).
I do a manual roll with the player clicking before I roll it, cover, +2 mods, it comes out +9.

I found out the issue is only with manual override turned on, where the PCs/NPCs roll their on requested rolls.

Turning this off fixed the problem but, at least now I can see the issue.

MrDDT
December 17th, 2020, 22:41
snip first post

Do you think you can change it so the DC is not shown when rolled at all? Just success or failure if we have it so "show DC to players" is off?

The chat output displayed to players is still

XYZ : [SAVE] Ability [Effects #] Total#
Save [#][vs. DC#] -> [for XYZ] [Success/Failure]

What I'm looking for is the same for the DM as above but the players would see
XYZ : [SAVE] Ability [Effects #] Total#
Save [#] -> [for XYZ] [Success/Failure]

nephranka
December 17th, 2020, 22:59
Yes. Sorry I was not clear. This is when you override the auto saves in FGU. It seems to take be taking the information from the CT and adding the modifiers twice.

Everything works when you send a request for a roll just not the auto override from combat and the CT.

Agamon
December 22nd, 2020, 14:36
Is there a way to game the system and give a player, say, +1 for cover? Not ideal, but if it always does it, that should work.

nephranka
December 22nd, 2020, 15:10
Is there a way to game the system and give a player, say, +1 for cover? Not ideal, but if it always does it, that should work.

That is just one example of the duplication that is occurring. Basically, any bonus in the CT (like cover, Auras ext, Adv effects ext, etc..) will come through doubled. So this quick fix will not really work.

On a related note, I noticed in the thread that this addon was changed to pick up npcs from the CT and that was not the original function of the base ext it was built from. So maybe that change in coding is looping through the pcs adjustment as well as the npcs and picking the pcs adjustment up from the CT twice. Just a thought.

MrDDT
December 27th, 2020, 01:20
Anyone know how to edit this so I can make the default setting for "Hide Sidebar Button" to on? instead of off?

When it is set to off, it doesn't give people the pop ups like it used to.

grimmlock
December 27th, 2020, 15:26
Anyone know how to edit this so I can make the default setting for "Hide Sidebar Button" to on? instead of off?

When it is set to off, it doesn't give people the pop ups like it used to.

Change the .ext to be .zip and extract everything. In the scripts folder open the rfia_options_manager.lua and look for the following line:

OptionsManager.registerOption2(rfiaHideSidebarButt onKey, true, "RFIA_option_header", "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button", "option_entry_cycler",
{ labels = "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button_on", values = "on", baselabel = "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button_off", baseval = "off", default = "off"

change default to be on. Save, zip up the root and change the file extension back from .zip to .ext then put it back in your extension folder.

Having "Hide Sidebar Button" set to "ON" should also take care of RFIA not working with Better Menus from Celestian.

MrDDT
December 27th, 2020, 19:17
Change the .ext to be .zip and extract everything. In the scripts folder open the rfia_options_manager.lua and look for the following line:

OptionsManager.registerOption2(rfiaHideSidebarButt onKey, true, "RFIA_option_header", "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button", "option_entry_cycler",
{ labels = "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button_on", values = "on", baselabel = "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button_off", baseval = "off", default = "off"

change default to be on. Save, zip up the root and change the file extension back from .zip to .ext then put it back in your extension folder.

Having "Hide Sidebar Button" set to "ON" should also take care of RFIA not working with Better Menus from Celestian.

Thanks a lot. Yeah once I figured out that will make it work with BetterMenus I wanted to change the default =P

espanRebel
January 6th, 2021, 21:09
okay first off I am not a coder. I have tried to fix the issue with Cos to read CON. I can unzip the file, change it. But believe it or not I am unable rezip it. Could someone please be kind enough to posts the fix here.

grimmlock
January 6th, 2021, 21:26
okay first off I am not a coder. I have tried to fix the issue with Cos to read CON. I can unzip the file, change it. But believe it or not I am unable rezip it. Could someone please be kind enough to posts the fix here.

Attached file has both the CON change and the change above about making the menu button not show by default.

MrDDT
January 7th, 2021, 04:32
Attached file has both the CON change and the change above about making the menu button not show by default.

Thanks buddy.

Slime
January 7th, 2021, 20:15
Having a bug where the effects are not only written twice but added twice in the result.

On attached picture the +1 from the cloak of protection is added twice.

MrDDT
January 7th, 2021, 20:20
Having a bug where the effects are not only written twice but added twice in the result.

On attached picture the +1 from the cloak of protection is added twice.

Picture not working

Slime
January 7th, 2021, 20:33
Picture not working

This one should work.

MrDDT
January 7th, 2021, 23:31
This one should work.

Is this from manual save on in prefs?
People have been having this issue with that setting.

eriktedesco
January 8th, 2021, 12:13
Hi guys, hope everything is fine on your side!

Apart from the doubling modifier issue, something strange happened on my side.

For whatever reason, the NPCs (manual roll for NPCs is ON in the RFIA setting) are not able to made their roll.

This error comes out:

[WARNING] (rollOverrideRequestId not found)

the NPCs are properly loaded in the NPCs section of RFI++ interface.

Any idea how to solve this?

The first sacred flame in the chat was performedwith Manual NPCs roll set to OFF, the second set to ON.

Slime
January 8th, 2021, 18:39
Is this from manual save on in prefs?
People have been having this issue with that setting.

yes, if I auto roll it works fine. Problem is only when I turn on the option for my PC to roll themselves.

macDsinfo
January 17th, 2021, 20:11
I am still having trouble getting this to open the popup window for users in 5e using the better menus extension, too...

any advice is much appreciated...

macDsinfo
January 17th, 2021, 20:25
I am still having trouble getting this to open the popup window for users in 5e using the better menus extension, too...

any advice is much appreciated...ok. so using the sidebar off edit in the code (shared on previous page here - I did it myself following following the advice via pg 15, but I see there is an updated version lower on that page, too). anyway, /rfiarollrequest works to bring up the window and the roll request goes through... thx so much!

EllivasKram
January 28th, 2021, 07:42
Just to confirm for myself. If this extension is used with ‘Manual’ saves turned off etc. For player and NPC’s. Does this extn work fine without the ‘Effects’ being applied twice. ?

I miss this extn for requesting contested checks and the like as the GM. and would like to get this extn on my list of loaded extns again.

It was cool to have players to be promoted for rolls. But not when the calculated rolls were incorrect.

So if ‘Manual’ rolls are turned off for players and NPC’s in settings. All is now OK in FGU ??

nephranka
January 28th, 2021, 11:15
Correct. You will need to turn off the manual saves.

BTW, the doubling is only numerical bonuses listed through the CT. For example, if Bless was on a PC, it would list the 1d4 twice in the chat window but only roll and apply 1 (one) of the dice to the result. But if they had cover (-2 dex save) on when they rolled it would list -2 cover twice and apply -4.

A work around is to apply a modifier to counter the double but you would need to do this every time.

MrDDT
January 28th, 2021, 17:08
Just to confirm for myself. If this extension is used with ‘Manual’ saves turned off etc. For player and NPC’s. Does this extn work fine without the ‘Effects’ being applied twice. ?

I miss this extn for requesting contested checks and the like as the GM. and would like to get this extn on my list of loaded extns again.

It was cool to have players to be promoted for rolls. But not when the calculated rolls were incorrect.

So if ‘Manual’ rolls are turned off for players and NPC’s in settings. All is now OK in FGU ??

Yep.

espanRebel
January 28th, 2021, 21:05
I found a bug in the extension. When using Rob Tworky's Spell write up for Mind Sliver. The extension is unable to subtract the 1d4 from the target's Intelligence Save. It says it under effect, but I cannot get the -1d4 to work. The fix I found is to write four effects into the spell. One four -1 to intelligence roll, -2,-3, and -4. Has this been addressed yet?

nephranka
January 28th, 2021, 21:55
I found a bug in the extension. When using Rob Tworky's Spell write up for Mind Sliver. The extension is unable to subtract the 1d4 from the target's Intelligence Save. It says it under effect, but I cannot get the -1d4 to work. The fix I found is to write four effects into the spell. One four -1 to intelligence roll, -2,-3, and -4. Has this been addressed yet?

I tested an effect "SAVE:-1d4" and it did it correctly. I am not sure what yours looks like. The output (below) shows the double effect but the roll (also below) looks fine. The d4 was a "4" and I have +4 to DEX saves.

[SAVE] Dexterity [EFFECTS -1d4] [EFFECTS -1d4]
14 -4 +4 = 14
Save [14][vs. DC 14] -> [for Bank Side] [vs Salazar Silvermoon] [SUCCESS]

charmov
February 2nd, 2021, 18:41
Thank you! This is amazing. Respect to the original stalker as well.

Raddu
February 2nd, 2021, 21:26
I just added an idea, please vote for it! [5e] Prompt for Saving Throws
https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135556 (https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135556)

rtrevino
February 2nd, 2021, 22:56
Hi I have just installed Better menus 1.14 and everything is ok on the DM side. when I request a roll from the players it crashes with this error, is there somethiong im missing? 43422

Thnks!

Kingfish
February 4th, 2021, 16:33
Hey, seems like Houndy may have abandoned this project, (his profile says he hasn’t logged on for almost a year...) has someone taken over upkeep/development of this extension going forward?

MrDDT
February 4th, 2021, 16:52
Hi I have just installed Better menus 1.14 and everything is ok on the DM side. when I request a roll from the players it crashes with this error, is there somethiong im missing? 43422

Thnks!

I use better Menus, I'm not getting this issue.

LaiJien
February 4th, 2021, 22:30

Thnks!

I read through this entire thread, and from what I gathered, "Hide Sidebar Button" in Options should be set to ON. See Post #147. I do not have "Better Menus," so I don't have personal experience with this. Good luck!

rtrevino
February 5th, 2021, 00:38
Hello,

I have turned it off in the options, still crashes on my clients , but at least it now works!

LaiJien
February 5th, 2021, 01:01
Hello,

I have turned it off in the options, still crashes on my clients , but at least it now works!

Also, according to the thread you have to set “Manual Save Rolls NPC” and “Manual Save Rolls PC” to OFF so this works with FGU (and the effects won’t be applied twice). Please see Posts 160 and 161. And I gather you have the latest update to Better Menus (see Post 136)?

rtrevino
February 5th, 2021, 03:19
Thnks! that worked, no more crashing!! :)

Raddu
February 6th, 2021, 16:45
It's great that it works, but that was literally the reason I originally wanted this extension. :-(

Zionmatrix
February 18th, 2021, 03:32
Having problem after the the Feb 16. I can't send Requested to Players. they get an error and never get the window for the request.

Tatas
February 19th, 2021, 14:17
It's really a bummer that this extension broke. It's been one of the most useful for my group. I love being able to call initiative for everyone at the table (I have 7 players) all at once. I also love being able to control throwing out a skill check or save at a specific DC and just have it prompt the characters. Does anyone know if Houndy would be open to letting someone else take this over? Seems a shame that this will be gone forever.

SmackDaddy
February 19th, 2021, 14:28
It's really a bummer that this extension broke. It's been one of the most useful for my group. I love being able to call initiative for everyone at the table (I have 7 players) all at once. I also love being able to control throwing out a skill check or save at a specific DC and just have it prompt the characters. Does anyone know if Houndy would be open to letting someone else take this over? Seems a shame that this will be gone forever.

Or better yet, have this included in the 5e ruleset by Smiteworks! Short of that, I sure do hope either this gets updated by Houndy or someone else is able to pick up the mantle and update it! I'd even buy it if it were sold....this being broken is a huge bummer!

arcanjl
February 19th, 2021, 14:33
I love it too, don't use it as much, but love it when I do - I think it should go to dmsguild. Gives the creator a little lunch $ and easy to keep up to date for us :)

Kingfish
February 19th, 2021, 14:44
Or better yet, have this included in the 5e ruleset by Smiteworks! Short of that, I sure do hope either this gets updated by Houndy or someone else is able to pick up the mantle and update it! I'd even buy it if it were sold....this being broken is a huge bummer!

MASSIVE bummer as you say! Houndy I don't think has even logged in here in months (I might be misremembering) so I think he's DONE with FG...I honestly do not know why this feature wasn't in the software to begin with!?!? The DM asking a player to make a saving throw or a skill check, and it pops up and waits for them to click on it, makes my players "FEEL" like they are actually rolling the dice at the table.

This is the one extension that I would GLADLY pay for. I have bought a couple from the DMsGuild but it was reluctantly and with my jaw clinched. Sadly more than a couple of them just flat out wouldn't work...admittedly they didn't work BECAUSE i refused to NOT run this RFI++ extension but still, Halfling Luck, AutoCriticals, and Shield Master seemed very kewl (yeah, looking at you Kent!) but it was more important to me to have this FREE extension at my 'table'.

grimmlock
February 19th, 2021, 14:49
Having problem after the the Feb 16. I can't send Requested to Players. they get an error and never get the window for the request.

Make sure your players have "Hide Sidebar Button" set to "On" and the extension works perfectly fine.

I even posted a version that has that defaulted to being on (and fixed the whole COS vs CON annoyance) back on post 150 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56994-5E-RFIA-Addon-Manual-spell-concentration-death-saves-NPC-support-Contested-skill&p=569658&viewfull=1#post569658)

Kingfish
February 19th, 2021, 14:53
Make sure your players have "Hide Sidebar Button" set to "On" and the extension works perfectly fine.

I even posted a version that has that defaulted to being on (and fixed the whole COS vs CON annoyance) back on post 150 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56994-5E-RFIA-Addon-Manual-spell-concentration-death-saves-NPC-support-Contested-skill&p=569658&viewfull=1#post569658)

Yeah, funny...I just tested it and...it works still! I think I actually am using your modded version! Thank you!

SmackDaddy
February 19th, 2021, 15:13

If the hide sidebar button is set to "On" - does this hide the button and if so, how does the GM bring it up to use it? I must've missed something somewhere....

MrDDT
February 19th, 2021, 16:51
If the hide sidebar button is set to "On" - does this hide the button and if so, how does the GM bring it up to use it? I must've missed something somewhere....

If you are using Better Menus EXT, this makes it so the PLAYER doesn't have the icon in the top right (which it wouldn't either way but this makes it happen).

So the players get a pop up instead of the info going to something that is behind the background.

SmackDaddy
February 19th, 2021, 17:21
If you are using Better Menus EXT, this makes it so the PLAYER doesn't have the icon in the top right (which it wouldn't either way but this makes it happen).

So the players get a pop up instead of the info going to something that is behind the background.

Understood -- I don't use the Better Menu EXT so I wasn't sure how I was to bring up the RFIA screen if I don't have the button enabled..... a few comments above this one it was being reported as broken after the 16th's update. So I wanted to be sure my players didn't get any errors if *I* used the button to request rolls. I didn't think the menu showed for them as a standard player.... so I was confused as to why that option had to be off per grimmlock's post but I am assuming those errors were actually the result of folks using the better menus EXT *and* this one after the update on the 16th, right?

MrDDT
February 19th, 2021, 21:04
Understood -- I don't use the Better Menu EXT so I wasn't sure how I was to bring up the RFIA screen if I don't have the button enabled..... a few comments above this one it was being reported as broken after the 16th's update. So I wanted to be sure my players didn't get any errors if *I* used the button to request rolls. I didn't think the menu showed for them as a standard player.... so I was confused as to why that option had to be off per grimmlock's post but I am assuming those errors were actually the result of folks using the better menus EXT *and* this one after the update on the 16th, right?

All of this is correct.

The only errors I know people get before and after the update are with manual rolling turned on.

If you are using better menus (I know you said you were now but this is for others also). You can't use manual rolling and you need to make sure that the players have RFIA hide sidebar button is set to "On".

I'm currently using RFIA addon without manual rolls with no errors. I also get no errors without manual rolls if I use Better Menu EXT with the players having hide sidebar button set to "On".

So anyone having issues, it's likely because they are doing manual rolls.

SmackDaddy
February 22nd, 2021, 00:12
So this doesn't work at all with Manual Rolls for my players set to on? They prefer to roll on their own although I have NPCs set to roll automatically....just trying to clarify - I'm probably confusing myself here. (And I do *NOT* use Better Menus....)

MrDDT
February 22nd, 2021, 00:17
So this doesn't work at all with Manual Rolls for my players set to on? They prefer to roll on their own although I have NPCs set to roll automatically....just trying to clarify - I'm probably confusing myself here. (And I do *NOT* use Better Menus....)

Yeah so if you using manual rolls I guess some of them cause some effects to double up. So it can be a problem.

Manual Roll Bug Picture (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56994-5E-RFIA-Addon-Manual-spell-concentration-death-saves-NPC-support-Contested-skill&p=569920&viewfull=1#post569920)

The link above will show you a picture of someone that had the issue. As I don't use manual rolls I can't really confirm if this is still happening or not but there hasnt been an update I've seen for it.

ZergorX
February 24th, 2021, 00:16
My Players are getting this error on login.

When I was poking around the files, this has something to do with checking the theme?

Azbandar
February 27th, 2021, 22:57
Since the big update, I've run into a purely graphical issue only. Before the update, the bar was solid, but after it has that weird background bar through the bar. Everything still functions as per normal, it just makes things mildly...well...weird.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811716251596226602/815315844446945330/unknown.png

It also shows on the Request Roll button, somehow I hadn't even noticed that one until a moment ago.

razzed1
March 23rd, 2021, 17:54
Yeah so if you using manual rolls I guess some of them cause some effects to double up. So it can be a problem.

Manual Roll Bug Picture (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56994-5E-RFIA-Addon-Manual-spell-concentration-death-saves-NPC-support-Contested-skill&p=569920&viewfull=1#post569920)

The link above will show you a picture of someone that had the issue. As I don't use manual rolls I can't really confirm if this is still happening or not but there hasnt been an update I've seen for it.

Yes, still an issue. Tested this morning.
Is anyone trying to update this any more or is this a dead extension?

nephranka
March 23rd, 2021, 18:18
I think it is dead. I have moved on to using the manual option from FG itself. There is a button to roll inside the system so it works for me.

arcanjl
March 23rd, 2021, 18:24
I think it is dead. I have moved on to using the manual option from FG itself. There is a button to roll inside the system so it works for me.

Do tell? Where and how?

MrDDT
March 23rd, 2021, 18:31
Do tell? Where and how?

Personally none of my players (and I have a lot) have ever companied about not able to "roll" their stuff. I send them a "save" or "check" and they click the button, they say it feels like they rolling like that. I'm not really sure what the diff is.

nephranka
March 23rd, 2021, 18:49
Under options. Set the Manual rolls to "on". When a player needs to roll something called by you sending the request (like you hit them with a fireball and they have to make a DEX save). The system will pop a box with a request to roll. There is a place to input actual dice if they are rolled but there is a button to let the system roll it. It shows you the dice being used and the modifiers being used. If they enter a number for the dice the output says "manual roll", so you know if they do. No doubling, handles concentration and death saves and anything the system would normally roll for them.

The one place it will differ:
Players will need to initiate the ability checks and initiative rolls from the character sheet. When they dbl click the check the box pops and they click the roll button.

So in the end the difference is that the player will be doing more work and you will not have to send requests. You will just tell them to make the check. Less clicking for you.

The best thing is that it is built into the system so no ext needed.

MrDDT
March 23rd, 2021, 18:58
Under options. Set the Manual rolls to "on". When a player needs to roll something called by you sending the request (like you hit them with a fireball and they have to make a DEX save). The system will pop a box with a request to roll. There is a place to input actual dice if they are rolled but there is a button to let the system roll it. It shows you the dice being used and the modifiers being used. If they enter a number for the dice the output says "manual roll", so you know if they do. No doubling, handles concentration and death saves and anything the system would normally roll for them.

The one place it will differ:
Players will need to initiate the ability checks and initiative rolls from the character sheet. When they dbl click the check the box pops and they click the roll button.

So in the end the difference is that the player will be doing more work and you will not have to send requests. You will just tell them to make the check. Less clicking for you.

The best thing is that it is built into the system so no ext needed.

That is not what the "manual" roll does here.

Manual roll with RFIA, is where if you were a player and a mob casts a spell on you, it will give you a clickable link to roll that save. You don't put in a number or choose diff dice or even add mods to the roll, it does it automatically.
Unlike currently without Manual Roll RFIA, it will not allow you to click the button it will just roll the save for the player and display the results in chat.

However, if you want to "manual" roll, what you would do a a DM is simply just tell the player "Roll me a XYZ save DC##" Then goto their save throws and throw double click it. So the manual rolls is only saving a very small step on the DM's and Players side anyways. Plus to me that slows the game up greatly.

What you are talking about is the option for players to INPUT the roll they do on real life dice. That's very very different.

nephranka
March 23rd, 2021, 19:08
That is not what the "manual" roll does here.

Manual roll with RFIA, is where if you were a player and a mob casts a spell on you, it will give you a clickable link to roll that save. You don't put in a number or choose diff dice or even add mods to the roll, it does it automatically.
Unlike currently without Manual Roll RFIA, it will not allow you to click the button it will just roll the save for the player and display the results in chat.

However, if you want to "manual" roll, what you would do a a DM is simply just tell the player "Roll me a XYZ save DC##" Then goto their save throws and throw double click it. So the manual rolls is only saving a very small step on the DM's and Players side anyways. Plus to me that slows the game up greatly.

What you are talking about is the option for players to INPUT the roll they do on real life dice. That's very very different.

It works as I described. I used it for 6 hrs last sunday. It has replaced this ext for me. I am trying to explain to you that it does both the manual input and it has a button to let the system roll.

In this
https://youtu.be/XUhYLoo1uoc@34:34 you will see the box. Just above the check button he is clicking is the "auto" roll button and no need to input the actual dice @36:36.

I the GM have this option off so the system runs everything with no request to me. The players turn this on and every time they get a request this box pops up and they can see what is going on then click the auto roll button.

nephranka
March 23rd, 2021, 19:13
You can try it yourself. Login a client and go through a combat. You will see that it replicates most of this extension.

The parts that are missing are ability checks, init rolls and comparing roll to a DC. I just tell the player to roll it off the character sheet. They get the box as well but that is a small price to pay. It is the trade off from me clicking the ext interface and sending them a request.

MrDDT
March 23rd, 2021, 20:34
You can try it yourself. Login a client and go through a combat. You will see that it replicates most of this extension.

The parts that are missing are ability checks, init rolls and comparing roll to a DC. I just tell the player to roll it off the character sheet. They get the box as well but that is a small price to pay. It is the trade off from me clicking the ext interface and sending them a request.

You can do that if you want to do that for EVERY roll the player makes or they have to turn it on and off each time. It's not the same and if it works for you great. However, it's not what RFIA does and RFIA IMO is useful this is only useful if you like extra work or you want to input a manual number. (which is also a lot of extra work).

Again I've yet to have a player want to roll saves that NPCs are throwing at them. However, if they really wanted to, your way will work if you want to have a few extra steps each time a spell goes off on people.

nephranka
March 23rd, 2021, 20:44
Yeah, my group likes to roll it themselves. Even though it is just clicking the button. I agree this is not exactly the same as this ext but my point is with out support of this ext it will not be operational in the future. We already have 2-3 things that are not working "perfectly" one good push and it will be done. So I figured I better fine a long term solution I can live with now.

MSW
April 8th, 2021, 21:09
My workaround is:

Item; Ring of Protection; AC: 1; SAVE: 0.5
Simply halve the effect in the coding.
Works well with forced saving throws like fireball ect.
It doesn't work with the saving throws force from the RFI window because there the effects are not doubled.

SmackDaddy
April 12th, 2021, 22:00
Is there any coder out there that could take the basis of this work and see if it could be implemented/redone without utilizing the original coder's work? I mean, with the interest that this extension obviously has, this could become a "Paid Extension" easily --- I mean, these functions ideally should be built into FGU and it would definitely add value to the application! If someone were to make a version of this as a paid extension, it would definitely become popular! If I had the time to learn to code, I would definitely take the mantle and run with it if I could..... so many people found this functionality added to FGU to be essential when it works..... I am just wishing out loud and hope some awesome coder hears my lowly pleas and sees the value it brings to A LOT of DMs and Players!!!

Ludd_G
April 12th, 2021, 22:02
I second this! And third it, and.... :D

SmackDaddy
April 12th, 2021, 22:11
I second this! And third it, and.... :D

Well then, why not upvote this? Vote for FG inclusion of this RFIA functionity (https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=136115)

Ludd_G
April 12th, 2021, 22:12
Done!

nephranka
April 13th, 2021, 00:42
Done!

MrDDT
April 15th, 2021, 16:39
Well then, why not upvote this? Vote for FG inclusion of this RFIA functionity (https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=136115)

The sad part is most of it is already in FG, using the party sheet you can do a lot of what this does. But RFIA just does it so much better.

nephranka
April 15th, 2021, 16:41
I agree and like you said this interface was nice!

SmackDaddy
April 15th, 2021, 22:56
The sad part is most of it is already in FG, using the party sheet you can do a lot of what this does. But RFIA just does it so much better.

Absolutely, part of it -- is being able to incorporate the improved upon use of it (like the extensions did) and bring a whole new level to FG functionality -- I liked the screen where I call for multiple checks from both PCs and NPCs.... it was just very slick and intuitive -- shouldn't be any harm in improving upon these sorts of things -- they did something similar with MOTD as well as the Story Pro mod thing (can't remember the name) -- sometimes it's just that someone else's idea improves upon the original - no harm in FG admitting it and incorporating something like it! :)

VOTE! ;)

Valdemar
May 14th, 2021, 13:25
Is this extension still working with the latest FGU version (4.1)?

Valdemar
May 15th, 2021, 03:54
Is anyone still supporting this extension? It has not worked correctly in a long time and has broken the saves (especially concentration) if it is enabled.

randomnumber46
June 8th, 2021, 01:31
Just want to keep this thread alive as I've just discovered it and would really like to see this in a working state, particularly the prompt for player saves. The inbuilt manual dice entry is a bit clunky as it can't just be applied for saves as far as I can tell.

mordkhaan
June 8th, 2021, 01:41
I use this all the time, find it really good for keeping RP narrative going whilst just popping saves and checks up in front of the appropriate person

randomnumber46
June 8th, 2021, 01:46
Oh the core functionality is fine, but the extra stuff that this version of RFI adds doesn't seem to work (IE the player save override doubles CT bonuses)

mordkhaan
June 8th, 2021, 02:05
Have heard mention of those kinda things
Is it easily replicable as cant say I have spotted them...

randomnumber46
June 8th, 2021, 02:13
Yeah, it's consistently doubles numerical bonuses to saves if they are triggered by a spell in combat. Seems to be fine if you as DM request a roll, but if you turn on the option to let players roll saves from NPC spells it messes up. Everything else as far as I can see works correctly, but that was the main thing I was looking for in this extension.

Drogo210
June 9th, 2021, 08:11
Incompatibility with BetterMenus.ext V1.6. the roll request does not appear on the PLAYER side.

Tested alone

FGU 4.1.3

[error] Handler error: [string "script/manager_dekstop.lua"]:283 attempt to index upvalue 'm_wShortcuts' (a userdata value)

I have also tested it with Polimoprhism extension and it does work pretty fine except for two minor things:

1) When you wild shape/polymorph and similar a PC, the PC toke (in RFI) goes under NPC (which is super okay), however, if the DM asks for a roll it is sent to the DM, not to the Player. It may be useful to recognize shared NPCs
2)Again with Polymorphism extension when you return to your original form the PC toke in RFI disappear, however, you just need to reopen RFI and it will be there (this is a very little thing)

grimmlock
June 11th, 2021, 00:22
Incompatibility with BetterMenus.ext V1.6. the roll request does not appear on the PLAYER side.

Tested alone

FGU 4.1.3

[error] Handler error: [string "script/manager_dekstop.lua"]:283 attempt to index upvalue 'm_wShortcuts' (a userdata value)

I have also tested it with Polimoprhism extension and it does work pretty fine except for two minor things:

1) When you wild shape/polymorph and similar a PC, the PC toke (in RFI) goes under NPC (which is super okay), however, if the DM asks for a roll it is sent to the DM, not to the Player. It may be useful to recognize shared NPCs
2)Again with Polymorphism extension when you return to your original form the PC toke in RFI disappear, however, you just need to reopen RFI and it will be there (this is a very little thing)

No one is really maintaining this any more, so I doubt bug reports will get you very far.

As far as the players not seeing the popup, make sure that, in the settings, hide menu button is set to ON. If you look back through the thread, you'll find a version that has that automatically set to ON.

wframe
August 28th, 2021, 00:48
I really need this extension for my games. Manual saving throws is the only thing missing for me (no, going fully manual in the settings is not a good alternative). This works perfectly with a few small errors. I wish someone would pick up development and keep it updated. I would gladly pay money for it. To my knowledge, there are no paid alternatives out there and that's a real shame. This is something that should be part of the game. My players hate having their saving throws rolled for them.

charmov
August 28th, 2021, 02:40
I really need this extension for my games. Manual saving throws is the only thing missing for me (no, going fully manual in the settings is not a good alternative). This works perfectly with a few small errors. I wish someone would pick up development and keep it updated. I would gladly pay money for it. To my knowledge, there are no paid alternatives out there and that's a real shame. This is something that should be part of the game. My players hate having their saving throws rolled for them.

I agree that this extension is super good. You may try putting in a request for it here:
https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=136232

You might also post in their discord and offer someone there a reward for helping.

The party sheet has some of this extensions functionality. Hope you find someone to help you!

Raddu
August 29th, 2021, 20:22
I just posted a bounty in the #fg_forge_item_posts channel on the Discord for someone to recreate this. Please show your support there if you're interested.

wframe
September 1st, 2021, 22:25
One of my extensions is breaking this and I think I figured out which one. I started by disabling everything and then enabling them one-by-one. It seems like anything that has to intercept the results can break it. So far, I've found that these extensions break it:

5e Indicators
Auto Shield Master

I've been able to enable all of the rest of my extensions with no issue, but I really like those and paid for them, so it's going to be a hard choice.

Edit: To be clear, it's breaking the "manual saving throws" part where casting a spell at a player gives them a popup to roll a saving throw. That functionality is the whole reason I use this extension.

mccartysr
September 2nd, 2021, 00:11
I am working to revive this extension. So far I have managed to fix the doubling of effects issue, I think. My goal is to restore it to basic operations before releasing it.

nephranka
September 2nd, 2021, 00:27
I am working to revive this extension. So far I have managed to fix the doubling of effects issue, I think. My goal is to restore it to basic operations before releasing it.

Wow! That would be beyond great!

MrDDT
September 2nd, 2021, 01:32

WOOTS! I knew if we posted enough people would pick it up. Thank you!!!

mccartysr
September 2nd, 2021, 16:29
New thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70407-5E-Requested-Rolls

Made changes to get this working again. Please let me know if you see these issues still exist.

No longer doubles manual saves where a character effects are added by the combat tracker
Now compatible with better menus extension
Not seeing issues with concentration saving throws

COS is now correctly abbreviated as CON

EDIT: Removed attachment so that people go to most current thread linked at the top of this message.

wframe
September 2nd, 2021, 17:14
Made changes to get this working again. Please let me know if you see these issues still exist.

No longer doubles manual saves where a character effects are added by the combat tracker

Thanks for working on this. The issue I was having is still occurring. When you have this extension enabled AND 5e Indicators extension, this extension no longer sends a popup to the players (or GM if NPC manual saves is enabled). It just auto fails with a "1".

Edit: mattekure is going to look into it this weekend. Maybe it's something he can fix on the 5e Indicators end.

nephranka
September 2nd, 2021, 23:23

Nice work. The doubling is gone and concentration is working!

I did notice that the manual save rolls PC or npc is not working. No request comes up when an attack calls for a save and it is just auto rolled.

wframe
September 2nd, 2021, 23:25
Nice work. The doubling is gone and concentration is working!

I did notice that the manual save rolls PC or npc is not working. No request comes up when an attack calls for a save and it is just auto rolled.

Are you using 5e Indicators or Automatic Shield Master extensions? Those break the manual saving throw portion of this module (per my posts). I have them disabled and the manual saving throws work fine.

nephranka
September 2nd, 2021, 23:41
Are you using 5e Indicators or Automatic Shield Master extensions? Those break the manual saving throw portion of this module (per my posts). I have them disabled and the manual saving throws work fine.

Doh! I saw your indicators post...totally missed the shield master part. That sucks but for what this brings, the fact I don't use the indicators, I can live with the shield master. Sadly, I tested it with the shield master and it still is not requesting the roll, so it must be another of my ext blocking it. I will have to chase it down. Thanks!

wframe
September 2nd, 2021, 23:44
Doh! I saw your indicators post...totally missed the shield master part. That sucks but for what this brings, the fact I don't use the indicators, I can live with the shield master. Sadly, I tested it with the shield master and it still is not requesting the roll, so it must be another of my ext blocking it. I will have to chase it down. Thanks!

For what it's worth, I was able to get most of the 5e Indicators functionality back between Death Indicators, 5e Save Overlay, and "has initiative indicator". While not as pretty, you get the same functionality and no conflict with this module.

I have a bunch of other extensions and none of them are conflicting for me. I'm not sure what it might be. If you get desperate, post your list so I can compare. My experience has been that anything that intercepts the roll causes a conflict, though, obviously, in the case of something like 5e Save Overlay, it's not an issue. Mattekure is supposedly going to look into why 5e Indicators is breaking it this weekend. Fingers crossed.

nephranka
September 2nd, 2021, 23:52
For what it's worth, I was able to get most of the 5e Indicators functionality back between Death Indicators, 5e Save Overlay, and "has initiative indicator". While not as pretty, you get the same functionality and no conflict with this module.

I have a bunch of other extensions and none of them are conflicting for me. I'm not sure what it might be. If you get desperate, post your list so I can compare. My experience has been that anything that intercepts the roll causes a conflict, though, obviously, in the case of something like 5e Save Overlay, it's not an issue. Mattekure is supposedly going to look into why 5e Indicators is breaking it this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Yeah. I use Combat hightlighter and save overlays.

Just tried some of the other Kent automatic ext and bam! there are the conflicts. I am guessing many of them need updated.

wframe
September 2nd, 2021, 23:53
Yeah. I use Combat hightlighter and save overlays.

Just tried some of the other Kent automatic ext and bam! there are the conflicts.

Do you know which one(s)? I have several of those running and no issues. I want to know which ones to steer clear of.

nephranka
September 3rd, 2021, 00:05
Do you know which one(s)? I have several of those running and no issues. I want to know which ones to steer clear of.

Took so looking but I found it.

I found:
Automatic Save advantage

Plus you found:
Automatic Shield master

All the rest of the Automatics I have seem fine.

wframe
September 3rd, 2021, 00:06
Took so looking but I found it.

I found:
Automatic Save advantage

Plus you found:
Automatic Shield master

All the rest of the Automatics I have seem fine.

Ah, that explains it! I didn't buy that one. It makes sense, though. Both of those are intercepting the saving throw roll, which is what RFI does, so there's a conflict.

nephranka
September 3rd, 2021, 00:23
Ah, that explains it! I didn't buy that one. It makes sense, though. Both of those are intercepting the saving throw roll, which is what RFI does, so there's a conflict.

Looks like:
Advantage Display- Extension v1.0.1\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020"
5E Extension - Combat Automation v1.1 by Xelab

Are also not playing nice. The rest of my ext seem to be fine.

Raddu
September 3rd, 2021, 00:59
This is fantastic. I did some testing and it seems to be working in my tests using Better Menus. Concentration checks work and manual saves work. I'll run it through a live game this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Ludd_G
September 4th, 2021, 12:07

Hiya!

Very excited at this development! Thank you srmccarty! But would it be possible to break this out into it's own forum thread if it's going to be an ongoing concern? Just worried lots of people will miss the fact that there is a newer, more compatible, version of this great extension, which would be a real shame.

Cheers,

Simon

Zacchaeus
September 4th, 2021, 12:49
Hiya!

Very excited at this development! Thank you srmccarty! But would it be possible to break this out into it's own forum thread if it's going to be an ongoing concern? Just worried lots of people will miss the fact that there is a newer, more compatible, version of this great extension, which would be a real shame.

Cheers,

Simon
No need for that if the extension is on the Forge. Document it there.

MrDDT
September 4th, 2021, 17:08
No need for that if the extension is on the Forge. Document it there.

Pretty sure it's not on the forge.

Ludd_G
September 4th, 2021, 17:18
Also, I thought that even Forge items would be linking back to their forum threads for discussion, bug reporting and general updated info?

Cheers,

Simon

Zacchaeus
September 4th, 2021, 17:27
Pretty sure it's not on the forge.

Also, I thought that even Forge items would be linking back to their forum threads for discussion, bug reporting and general updated info?

Cheers,

Simon

In that case, then yes. Start a new thread. I'd suggest getting it onto the Forge though; I'm not adding any new extensions to the sticky threads since I'm assuming that they'll go on the forge and the need for the stickies will be surpassed.

SmackDaddy
September 5th, 2021, 00:12

Has there been a new thread started for this rework? Thank you so much for getting down to the task of keeping it going, I know there are a LOT of people really looking forward for it!

mccartysr
September 6th, 2021, 12:02
The new thread for this is at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70407-5E-Requested-Rolls

Kingfish
September 7th, 2021, 20:53

I assure you, if you build it(and support it)...we will pay!