PDA

View Full Version : Tyrnador

Dershem
April 26th, 2020, 21:26
2 Questions
1. Tyrnador has a custom arcane background that allows powers to be memorized to a spellbook and then when cast it has a fixed effect roll is there a way to do this?
2. It also has a unique encumbrance system allowing you to carry say 3 weapons and a number of big items = to half your strength die type, any idea how to implement that?

Thanks all!

IceBear
April 27th, 2020, 00:09
We've just been manually noting on the sheet which spells are memorized and the number of power points being locked because of it. We've then been changing the max power points accordingly. So if the mage had memorized 7 power points of spells and normally have 10 power points we noted which spells he memorized and basically said he had 3/3 power points remaining. If he then cast a memorized spell that had locked 2 power points he changed his power points to 3/5 and removed the memorized spell from list list.

As a fyi, a DLC package is being worked on for Tyrnador that you can buy sometime this summer hopefully

For the encumbrance we've kept a total number of items on the inventory tab. Most of my players have backpacks so on the backpack line in their inventory we've been writing (3/6) next to the backpack which means they are carrying 3 items and can carry a maximum of 6 (assuming they have d6 Str)

Dershem
April 27th, 2020, 02:24
Nice and how did you handle the fixed Casting number?

I appreciate the insights!

IceBear
April 27th, 2020, 02:35
My mage player just recorded his Fixed Casting Number (FCN) with each memorized spell. When we casts a memorized spell we treat his FCN as the number he "rolled" on his Spellcasting die before modifiers (such as multi action penalty for casting 3 memorized bolts)

His Notes tab has stuff like:

Memorized Spells:
Bolt, FCN: 7; 1 PP locked

Dershem
April 28th, 2020, 01:39
Thanks!