PDA

View Full Version : FREQ: Show image of monster without revealing the monster name

nielsle
April 26th, 2020, 09:23
When the GM shows an image of a monster to the players, then the players can see the monsters name as a title of the image.

It would be great to have a more generic title.

damned
April 26th, 2020, 11:00
When the GM shows an image of a monster to the players, then the players can see the monsters name as a title of the image.

It would be great to have a more generic title.

Us the ID function.

Zacchaeus
April 26th, 2020, 11:53
Just to expand on damned's reply. At the top of the image (unlock it) you'll see a section for a non ID name. Type a name in there and then click the Green button to turn it red. The players will see whatever name you type in rather than the actual name of the image.

Copernicus219
April 27th, 2020, 00:02
The problem with this, is the non-id field is currently broken, it does not show. If you unlock it, the non-id field will appear. However, all official pictures are locked and unable to unlock. This leads to me not being able to show images because they are locked and showcase monster name, no option to set the picture to unidentified.

blackclove
April 27th, 2020, 00:10
I just copied the image over (sahuagin) and renamed it (fish men), which is what the players have been calling them. You can always delete the extra image once it's created. Yes, it's a kludge, but it works :)

LordEntrails
April 27th, 2020, 01:33
The problem with this, is the non-id field is currently broken, it does not show. If you unlock it, the non-id field will appear. However, all official pictures are locked and unable to unlock. This leads to me not being able to show images because they are locked and showcase monster name, no option to set the picture to unidentified.
Which "official pictures are locked and unable to unlock"? Please name an exact image from an exact source. Please also list the ruleset and extensions (if any) you are using.

This is not the behavior I see from official images that I expect to be able to unlock. (Some official images are indeed locked, but not in most use cases.)

Copernicus219
April 27th, 2020, 15:32
Which "official pictures are locked and unable to unlock"? Please name an exact image from an exact source. Please also list the ruleset and extensions (if any) you are using.

This is not the behavior I see from official images that I expect to be able to unlock. (Some official images are indeed locked, but not in most use cases.)

I was told this by a dev. Most of the official rulebooks in Pathfinder are locked. Here is the thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54979-Almost-all-Pathfinder-images-are-locked-Read-Only&highlight=advanced+player+guide

LordEntrails
April 27th, 2020, 16:31
I was told this by a dev. Most of the official rulebooks in Pathfinder are locked. Here is the thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54979-Almost-all-Pathfinder-images-are-locked-Read-Only&highlight=advanced+player+guide
Rulebooks yes, adventures no. And as said there, their is a logical reason for it and an assumed approach. Let's not discuss the same topic in two places though so any further discussion can go there, thanks.

Copernicus219
April 27th, 2020, 17:02
Rulebooks yes, adventures no. And as said there, their is a logical reason for it and an assumed approach. Let's not discuss the same topic in two places though so any further discussion can go there, thanks.

One, you asked and I provided you with the answer. Two, I was responding to the OP for which was related to his question. The Unidentified button is still broken and should show whether the image is locked or not.