PDA

View Full Version : [LFG] [5E] New player - Lost mines of Phandelver [GMT+10]

Sunbright
April 26th, 2020, 04:46
I'm new to D&D as well as FG, I'm dedicating my spare time to read the PHB, core books and FG tutorials (which by the way is amazing!!!)

Looking for other players in my similar situation to go through starter campaigns such as Lost mines of Phandelver or Dragon of Icespire Peak (or others?).
Understanding we will be figuring out things as we go and discussing rules etc.. so, as far as I wish, I don't think is going to be a full on role play experience :)
If you don't mind it, please don't hesitate to message anytime.

I'm 34yo [GMT +10] originally from europe (don't mind players from any country), living now in OZ.

Doh! I forgot! We need also a brave enough DM to run the campaign, alternatively one of us would have to do it.

Got discord hit me up! Crushpotatoes#4090

Thank you for reading.
Sunbright

johnecc
April 26th, 2020, 06:35
Hi Sunbright, not sure if you have sen it yet, but there is an Asia/Pacific rpg discord group called the Filthy Pig Inn and Tavern. You may want to check it out, here is the link https://discord.gg/GtRsTg

Sunbright
April 26th, 2020, 06:53
Thank you Johnecc!! did not know that at all

Theonar
April 26th, 2020, 23:57
I'd be interested in playing. UTC -4 time zone for me, but I keep strange hours anyway. I've played RP games before, including DnD, but I have not played 5th Ed yet, and never played an online based game. I don't mind people learning while we play. I'll be figuring out what buttons I need to press to play online. I have a standard license for Unity. Since I don't know the program or anything I don't think I'll run any games.

Sunbright
April 27th, 2020, 05:03
I'd be interested in playing. UTC -4 time zone for me, but I keep strange hours anyway. I've played RP games before, including DnD, but I have not played 5th Ed yet, and never played an online based game. I don't mind people learning while we play. I'll be figuring out what buttons I need to press to play online. I have a standard license for Unity. Since I don't know the program or anything I don't think I'll run any games.

Awesome Theonar, I'll send you a pvt message with my discord. I usually have time to play early morning, which will be ~6pm onwards [GMT -4] but I am flexible.
I too have FG Unity Standard with just the PHB module. We should be ready to host or play a game with this setup.

spoofer
April 27th, 2020, 09:21
Does Wed. evenings from say 7:30 or 8 p.m. GMT+10 for about 2.5 hours work for you guys? We are looking for players in the GMT+10 time zone for that time slot.

Kevin

Sunbright
April 27th, 2020, 10:35
Does Wed. evenings from say 7:30 or 8 p.m. GMT+10 for about 2.5 hours work for you guys? We are looking for players in the GMT+10 time zone for that time slot.

Kevin

It's working out good for me Kevin

spoofer
April 27th, 2020, 10:52
OK, hopefully that time works for Theonar as well. I will contact the DM. I will friend you on Discord.

Theonar
April 27th, 2020, 18:52
Hey, don't worry about me, in fact consider me on the back burner since I am on a vastly different time zone. I realize my enthusiasm overtook my brain there. The time difference is huge. I'm effectively bowing out - get people closer to your time zone. Thank you for considering me though!

Sunbright
April 27th, 2020, 22:51
Hey, don't worry about me, in fact consider me on the back burner since I am on a vastly different time zone. I realize my enthusiasm overtook my brain there. The time difference is huge. I'm effectively bowing out - get people closer to your time zone. Thank you for considering me though!

That's ok Theonar!! I'm happy that you have at least tried, hope you have some fun too :)
Cheers

spoofer
April 27th, 2020, 23:22
OK, thanks for letting us know.

BTW, I messed up the time. I wrote the time for MY time zone, but I am GMT+9. So, that would mean from 8:30 or 9 p.m. for 2.5 or 3 hours, for GMT+10. We can figure out exactly when once we get going.

I am waiting for a response from the DM. Worse case scenario, I run Lost Mines (in ultimate classic), so we can play either way.

K.

Sunbright
April 28th, 2020, 00:45
OK, thanks for letting us know.

BTW, I messed up the time. I wrote the time for MY time zone, but I am GMT+9. So, that would mean from 8:30 or 9 p.m. for 2.5 or 3 hours, for GMT+10. We can figure out exactly when once we get going.

I am waiting for a response from the DM. Worse case scenario, I run Lost Mines (in ultimate classic), so we can play either way.

K.

Thank you Kevin, still looking good for me.

spoofer
April 28th, 2020, 04:41
Awesome. Joshua, the DM, responded. He is going to run Ebberon! We just need another player or two and we can start. Time slot will be 7:30 p.m. GMT+10 Wednesday evening. I will post a new message looking for players.

K