PDA

View Full Version : Error message in the BoL ruleset and other questions...

etherio
April 26th, 2020, 02:03
Hello all, I'm still learning FG and this ruleset, so please forgive my ignorance...

Problem 1- When working in a character sheet, whenever I enter an arcane career or change the rank of an arcane career, I get the following message:

Script Error: [string "arcanepowermax"]:1: attempt to index field 'castingcareerlabel' (a nil value)

Problem 2- I believe that I should be able to recover arcane points on a character sheet by either C+scrolling on the field or changing the number of arcane points spent in the "AP Expended" field. Neither of those methods seem to work. I can't figure out how to recover arcane points.

I have deleted Bol.pak from my FG folder, then re-downloaded it from my purchases, in case there was a problem with the file. That didn't fix either problem. I'm running FG Classic with no extensions or modules.

Thanks in advance!

damned
April 26th, 2020, 04:15
Hi etherio

I cant replicate either issue on FGC. Are you using FGC or FGU?
I have to admit - Ive had little to do with the ruleset since we published it.
If you havent already - this video gives you a bit of an overview how everything works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evKsEpgrg6w

etherio
April 26th, 2020, 05:10
I've watched the tutorial, and I think I'm understanding it correctly. I'm pretty sure I've even successfully done it before in the ruleset. I'm running classic.

etherio
April 27th, 2020, 06:13
It's working now. No idea what went wrong before.